Weed Smokers

I am never going to smoke weed again.

I'm not being hyperbolic, I'm certainly going to try to never smoke pot again. I haven't totally changed my stance on it, but I now see that the fact that it's so benign, accepted, available and easier on your body than many other intoxicants (including alcohol) makes it hard to not let it become a big fixture in your life.

^good luck :)

and i have to say, since i dropped the tobacco, the urge to smoke weed is gone as well. at night i still smoke one out of habit (and to be able to sleep), but i'm no longer constantly thinking about it, and i even had some days i didn't smoke! (those nights i didn't sleep either, but i don't care, i've proven i can handle a day without! woot!)

Last edited:
Seeing this thread made me try to remember when the last time was I smoked, must've been around easter this year.
Couple of years ago it used to be a daily habit, sometimes even two or three a day... But that was to much, and I decided to stop.
Luckily I don't smoke cigarettes, never did either, so stopping was probably easier than for others who do smoke tobacco.

Right now I'm starting to lust after that stoned feeling again, I've been having quite some rough weeks now and I'd like to chill and get my head sorted again.

I'm over a week now and I never think about it... I didn't get any withdrawal effects, but I think somehow a few months prior my body had decided it was going to pretend I had quit because I did start feeling pretty weird back then. I was basically a zombie for months... couldn't feel many feelings. Hopefully I won't ever forget that because I want a go at life without intoxicants.

I'm not saying I expect to become Mr. Happy just by removing the intoxicant factor, but I don't know where I truly stand in life until I make a go at things without weed. To be fair, weed did help me realize a lot of things about who I am and what factors played a role in making me this way. But weed already helped me in that regard, and now it's time to take a break.

I won't ever let myself become dependent on it again, even though it was pretty much entirely an emotional dependence. Life just sucks too much and THC is too benign for me to be able to use it purely for recreation. I might feel more strong willed in a few months, but for now I just can't even consider it.

Last edited:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40238429/ns/travel-news/

Up in smoke! Dutch to ban tourists from buying pot
The Netherlands' proposed 'coffee shop' restrictions part of crackdown on drug crime

The Dutch government said on Wednesday it wanted to ban tourists from buying cannabis in "coffee shops," where hash is on sale legally, as part of a national crackdown on drug use.

The Netherlands has one of Europe's most liberal soft drug policies and its coffee shops are a popular tourist attraction, especially in Amsterdam and border cities near Belgium and Germany.

But some cities near the border with Belgium have clamped down on drug tourism, and the Dutch minister for security and justice confirmed on Wednesday a wider crackdown after coalition parties agreed to push for a ban in September.

The government, which took office last month, has agreed to limit the sale of cannabis to Dutch residents to curb crime linked to its production and trading.

"No tourist attractions. We don't like that," the minister, Ivo Opstelten, told public broadcaster NOS on Wednesday.

"The heart of the problem is crime and disturbances surrounding the sale. We have to go back to what it was meant for: local use for those who would like it."

Amsterdam, home to 223 coffee shops, is already in the process of closing some in the red light district to tackle criminal activity in the area, and was studying the government proposal.

"We are taking the current practice as a starting point. It is not perfect but in many ways we have a functioning coffee shop system," an Amsterdam city spokesman said.

The government's plans for a tourist ban, whereby only holders of a resident's pass would be allowed to buy hash, has not yet been formally put into law and no timeframe has been proposed.

The possession of up to 5 grams (0.18 oz) of cannabis or hash is allowed in the Netherlands but large-scale production and transport is a crime.

Some Dutch border towns such as Maastricht and Terneuzen have already restricted the sale of marijuana to foreigners to limit crime and disturbances such as traffic jams.

The advocate-general of the European Court of Justice advised in July that Maastricht had the right to refuse foreigners entry to its coffee shops, giving support to the Dutch government's nationwide ban if the court followed the advice.

How much will this effect the economy? Will the Netherlands be the next country to apply for loans from the EU?

lol, you never noticed it's impossible to pay with creditcard in a coffeeshop?

i think they only declare half of their sales. the government won't be missing a lot of income.
(the shops will be making less profit though)

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I smoke very rarely (~ 1/month) but I hardly experience any cool effects anymore...
There was a time when I was pretty stoned/high or what ever, having a distorted sense of time for example.
That was pretty cool and enjoyed it. Was very funny talking to my friends like that, or watching movies. Somtimes you couldn't stop laughing at something totaly sensless.
Now I feel that I smoked something, I am mellow a bit-ish but that's it. Nothing cool or funny :(.
Too low dosage? Is there something to amplifie those effects?

Also I hate smoking a joint, it burns like fuck at the end and tastes rubbish (I don't smoke cigarettes).

^you can't go immune if you only smoke once a month.
you probably don't put enough in it.
or the weed sucks.

do you put tobacco in them? get rid of it. try smoking a pure one, definitely should get you hammered

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trip must happen before ban, damn you Dutch government.

pretty sure some dutch guy would be willing to get some for you...

Yes tobacco is in them.
Isn't pure a bit too hard? I nearly puked the last time they put in 'a bit more'...
Maybe the weed sucks... its not like we have a choice. There is only one guy a friend of mine knows, who sells the stuff to him.
It smells pretty strong earthy-sweet. ,

first you say you don't feel anything, then you say you almost puked...

your dose is somewhere in the middle ;)

and if a pure one is to hard on you, don't smoke it completely, or only roll a sticky

What they said.

One day shy of four weeks since I quit smoking pot.

I feel like shit. I haven't started smoking again, I haven't even had the slightest desire for it. But I'm having pretty bad dreams every night, you could call them nightmares even I suppose. I've always had weird and vivid dreams, but I chalked it up to the fact that I smoked so much when I was smoking. Those weren't always unpleasant, but the ones I'm having now are.

Plus, I still feel like a zombie sometimes... not feeling things I think I should be feeling. I suppose it's that feeling of being burned out that hasn't gone away at all.

Has anyone put it aside cold turkey, and if so how long before you returned to a state of relative normalcy? Like I said above I didn't think quitting would solve any and all problems I was having in life, but after a month it doesn't seem to have helped anything.

I have stopped smoking consuming several times and not had those problems.

Well I suppose it depends on what you were feeling before you stopped and why you stopped smoking.

I dunno, I guess there might be other reasons for my lack of feeling emotions and stuff. But from some rudimentary research I'm pretty convinced the nightmares are directly related to my lack of consumption of pot.

Oh well, all the more reason for me to never start again. I can't believe I ever thought it fine to smoke every single day, and for so long too. Others are free to their opinion and to smoke as often as they wish, but I was a fucking idiot to ever become anything more than a sporadic and recreational consumer. Well, I knew I was overdoing by a staggeringly huge margin but I just couldn't stop for a long time. So perhaps it's not idiocy, but being weak.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...-marijuana-posession/story?id=12255712&page=1

Willie Nelson Arrested After Pot Found on Tour Bus

Living country music legend Willie Nelson was charged with possession of marijuana after six ounces were discovered aboard his tour bus in Texas, according to a U.S. Border Patrol spokesman.

Nelson's tour bus pulled into a routine checkpoint in Sierra Blanca, Texas -- approximately 85 miles east of El Paso -- around 9 a.m. on Friday. When an officer noticed a suspicious odor coming from the bus, a search turned up the marijuana, police said.

Hudspeth County Sheriff Arvin West told the El Paso Times that Nelson, 77, claimed that the marijuana was his.

According to police patrolman Bill Brooks, a sheriff from Hudspeth County was contacted and Nelson was among three people arrested at the scene. Nelson was held briefly and paid a $2,500 bond before being released.

Mickey Raphael, Nelson's longtime harmonica player, spoke with Rolling Stone magazine regarding the incident and Nelson's release, telling the magazine that "he said he feels great -- he lost six ounces."

"It's kind of surprising, but I mean we treat him like anybody else," West told the El Paso Times. "He could get 180 days in county jail, which if he does, I'm going to make him cook and clean. He can wear the stripy uniforms just like the other ones do."

At the time Nelson was traveling from California to his ranch in Austin, Texas. Because he was released, it is not expected that the arrest would affect his tour, which continues with a concert in Thackerville, Okla., tonight.

Elaine Schock, Nelson's spokeswoman, declined to comment when contacted by The Associated Press.

Nelson, a staunch advocate of decriminalization of marijuana, has had his share of drug-related brushes with the law.

In Louisiana in 2006, 1.5 pounds of marijuana and three ounces of hallucinogenic mushrooms were found on his bus. Nelson pleaded guilty in that case and each was sentenced to a $1,024 fine and six months probation.

Back in 1995 Nelson was also arrested in Waco, Texas, and police officers said they saw a joint in his car's ashtray. Nelson had pulled off the road to sleep after an all night poker game. At the time he also confessed that there was small amount of marijuana on the car's floorboard

Nelson, a Texas native who was born in the tiny town of Abbott, has been an icon of the country music scene since the early 1970s, when he rose to prominence in the outlaw country movement of the time with albums like "Red Headed Stranger" and classic tracks like "On the Road Again" and a famous cover of Fred Rose's "Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain."

Nelson is a co-chair of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML) advisory board, and has worked for years for marijuana legalization. He has recorded and produced radio and television commercials for the cause, and in 2005 hosted the Willie Nelson & NORML Benefit Golf Tournament at his personal golf course in Spicewood, Texas.

How far will he fight this? This is clearly a fourth amendment violation.

Fucking schmucks, legalize it already.