Weird Dreams Thread

Okay.......I need therapy, ............I mean more then usual.....

On the motorway, I'm driving along, and from behind Icebone shows up in a bright red heavily garbaged first gen focus, and deliberaty hits the side of my truck.
I slam the brakes, throwing it sideways blocking both lanes, We both then get out, I grab a bottle of petrol and a match (who apparantly were conviently lying around in my truck), calmly walk over, and set his car on fire.....

Yeah.......

Why don't we have an awesome dreams thread yet?

I had the most vivid, almost lucid dream last night. And boy, was it a long one.

I was basically the star of my own scifi movie. I dunno when or where, but some alien probe lands on Earth with instructions on where it originated from and enough technological advancements to build a craft to take you there (think Contact). So, a similar probe is made with room inside for 1 person, which ended up to be me. So the probe gets launched and after several months arrives at a moon, which seems to be completely artificially made. The probe lands, opens up and the aliens, which look exactly like people, only a bit taller on average, pull me out, almost on the bring of death, don't ask me why... I'm put in with a sort of single mom family, which nurses me back to health (why I wasn't put in a proper hospital is beyond me) and the mom teaches me the language. At this point I have to walk around in a sort of exo-skeleton. There's also conversations on how almost identical we look and speculation that we must originate from the same sort of galactic gene pool or something. The son asks me why that is and I explain it's probably because the gravity is different. He asks what it's like back home and I, in the dream, know and tell him it's 9.81 m/s^2, which he understands and explains that on Jupiter - I'm not kidding - (pointing out the window), it's about 2x that. Meanwhile, the government of this little world examines the probe I had arrived in and finds a warhead, powerful enough to completely destroy that planet and figure the whole purpose of it is to destroy them. By then I'm completely accustomed to the high gravity and can walk around normally. Then this mum person receives the message from the government to detain me until they can come pick me up. When they do and drag me away, I try to explain to them that it's only a safety precaution in case this race turned out to be hostile, but they don't believe me. I'm being dragged out of the metropolitan area of the city into a sort of slums area by a pair of thugs (again, what's with all the primitivism with all this advanced technology), when this kid throws a huge stone from the roof, knocks one of them out, giving me a chance to break free and escape. From this point on, it's a really sort of weird linear parkour run through the houses, up stairs, out the windows, jumping from one building to another (sort of like the Half Life 2 where you run from the Combine with the help of the underground resistence meets Mirror's Edge). There's not much to describe here, but it was REALLY vivid and real and made up for most of the dream. Also, all the doors were unlocked and I had to pick a really random route through the buildings, I've no idea why I didn't just take a staircase to the roof and procede from there, but doesn't matter. Eventually I end up on a roof and try to jump over to the next building, when I'm hit by this shuriken and lo and behold, there's a group of Ninjas not far of from me... I wish I was kidding. They know who I am and why I'm running and suggest to teach me everything they know so I could escape my captors and do what I had to do (I had no idea what that was supposed to be). Then they take me down to the street level, wheret for some reason they doesn't raise any speculation or interest in the general public. At this point, everything, apart from the menacing metropolitan landscape on the horizon (again HL2 with the citadel), seemed exactly like a small-ish European city, but not in a sort of post-apocalyptic way like in HL2. Now this bit had me go WTF even as I was dreaming... We come across a parking lot, with a bus parked across from some cars and we decide to put on a little show for the tourists. We pick up some car that looked exactly like a Zastava 101, tip it over, so we get a free parking space and then one by one do some running up the side of the bus and somersault-flip backwards and landing on the free parking lot, much to the amusement of the tourists. Finally when it's my turn, I fall short and land on my ass, which makes everybody laugh, especially this one woman, who grabs me by the arm and starts talking to me. It turns out to be that mum character and she's also the head scientist that's now making a device to destroy Earth, since they're still convinced the probe was an attack on their world. She assures me that she's gonna build the "Cactus" and I shouldn't worry. I ask her not to do it, and she asks why. I ask her if she doesn't recognize me. She taught me the language, after all. Then she recognizes me, stares at me...

And then I woke up.

WHAT THE BLOODY FUCKINTOSH??

I dreamt that I made a bomb out of a suitcase, and then put Daisy in it :(

Who or what is Daisy.

So recently I had this dream where I woke up on a beach with some guy pointing a rifle in my face. At the top of a cliff was this really big ornate Japanese house and...

..oh wait.

I had this dream a couple of days ago where I was in some sort of spy flick, I had a couple of friends and we were being chased down this Italian Villa by a Morris Morina, eventually we made it out after rappelling down a window so then I saw a DBS parked outside and I got in it, only for some reason or another, the camera zoomed out and I had to drive it with a PS3 controller. After a short car chase I jumped off a half finished highway and landed in a steampunk version of Hong Kong. The camera then went into a top down position and from then on I visited a bunch of places until I went to a supermarket (don't ask me why) and then it was a perfectly normal three seconds of my sister and I in a supermarket buying junk food.

Then I had this other dream last night though I can't remember much of it apart from something hilarious happening during my sister's wedding and some crazy housekeeper who drove us along at 200MPH at some kind've ridge racer esque highway.

I've had a recurring dream since I was really little. It usually comes about just as I'm starting to fall asleep, and it starts off looking at a really small detail of a minor scene, like a leaf in a garden or a penny on a dresser. My view slowly expands until the scene is just a dot. I say expands, because it's not like I'm zooming out, it's like my perception is just gradually getting larger. The problem is, as my perception grows, nothing comes to fill it in. I'll still just only see the dresser, or the plant, and just blackness around it. There's a pronounced sensation of G forces that goes with this, only it's not like any G force I've ever felt - it's like I'm being accelerated, hard, in every direction equally. A bit like I'm being inflated, only more intense. While all this is happening the sense of nothingness under my feet grows and grows, and my "I'm too high getmedownnow!" instinct starts to kick in and my whole body tingles.

It's damn weird and it always gives me goosebumps. I kind of like it though.

Last edited:
This morning I overslept a bit, luckily I have forced myself into the habit of bashing the snooze button instead of the off button so my alarm went off again. I got out of bed and prepared for work. Then I woke up.

I've had this dream for a long time now:

I fall asleep ( in real ) and when the dream starts I have the same view that I had just when I closed my eyes to sleep. I see a masked man standing there, coming towards me and I can't move. He or she pulls at my leg and I can actually feel my leg being jerked in real and then I wake up all of a sudden, covered in sweat and unable to move for a minute or so...... and they say Freddy is just in movies.

I've had this dream for a long time now:

I fall asleep ( in real ) and when the dream starts I have the same view that I had just when I closed my eyes to sleep. I see a masked man standing there, coming towards me and I can't move. He or she pulls at my leg and I can actually feel my leg being jerked in real and then I wake up all of a sudden, covered in sweat and unable to move for a minute or so...... and they say Freddy is just in movies.

Isn't that called sleep paralysis or something?

Isn't that called sleep paralysis or something?

Yes, I've had it before but without the hallucinations. Wake up, fully conscious but can't move. Supposedly, falling back asleep when you're like that is a really good way to get a lucid dream.

I came up with a design I think I'm going to sell to Lamborghini in a dream last night. I dreamt I was being driven somewhere in a Murcielago, and when we stopped and got out, the doors opened in the usual scissor fashion, but then a sort of rear door section (a la RX8) slid forward into the space of the open front door, allowing access to rear seats. Which aren't in the normal car.

Pretty awesome dream. Another part of it revolved around a speed camera hidden in a "No Parking" sign, and the presence of a NSW-registered Ford Corsair (the horrid Australian one, of all cars) in London. But thats not all! There was another part where I was at a festival thing, and there was a van selling chocolate eclairs. My friends all bought one and I declined, except later I really wanted one. I went back there and they were all gone. Such a sad moment.

Psychologists would have a field day on me, I swear.

I had a dream I was talking about snow to one of the city council guys in my city that I know, in a building with massive windows. It was extremely dull in content - snow shovels came up in the conversation - but had very pretty visuals. Very odd.

I came up with a design I think I'm going to sell to Lamborghini in a dream last night. I dreamt I was being driven somewhere in a Murcielago, and when we stopped and got out, the doors opened in the usual scissor fashion, but then a sort of rear door section (a la RX8) slid forward into the space of the open front door, allowing access to rear seats. Which aren't in the normal car.

Pretty awesome dream. Another part of it revolved around a speed camera hidden in a "No Parking" sign, and the presence of a NSW-registered Ford Corsair (the horrid Australian one, of all cars) in London. But thats not all! There was another part where I was at a festival thing, and there was a van selling chocolate eclairs. My friends all bought one and I declined, except later I really wanted one. I went back there and they were all gone. Such a sad moment.

Psychologists would have a field day on me, I swear.

Not really. All this dream means is that you are basicly unfullfilled, and you want to do more even if your dream of the doors and seat are wrong because the engine is in the way.

That will be $50. :p

I dreamed that I was in the desert and there were 5 A-10s doing a bunch of maneuvers, twas awesome!

The trouble with dream interpretation is that the symbols might not be universal.

Like my dream with snow and city council guy. Lots can be read into it, but it happened after the first slightly chilly day in a long time, and I was making plans to go somewhere in November at the same time. So the snow part was just thinking about winter coming. The city council part was because I was thinking about one of the events this particular guy arranges earlier in the day, and wondering why he hasn't done as much publicity as usual.

Dreams are really just compilations of stuff you were thinking about earlier in the day, arranged in a frequently bizarre manner.

I actually dreamt this a week or so ago, but I've only thought of it now.

It began with me and these two random guys trying to check into some hotel. Because we were performers of some sort (I can't remember specifics, but I think we were a comedy troupe or something) we were 'stuggling artists' and really poor and could barely afford a room. But because every place seemed to be full in this nameless city we were in, there was no other place to stay. But thankfully, for some reason I suddenly remembered that a dead relative had given me some super special card that let us stay at this hotel at a discount price for the rest of my life. However, because I had to pay for the others we ended up sharing one of the really cheap rooms that was more like the interior of an old house than a hotel room. It had tiny, separate bedrooms, a tiny bathroom and very few windows, and seemingly pointless corridors going in all directions.

Anyway, each of us went to our bedrooms and I sat up in bed for a whole watching some weird foreign movie on an ancient black-and-white rabbit ear TV, but I soon got bored with it and tried to go to sleep. However, there was light pouring in from outside lights into my room and it was disturbing me, but I couldn't do anything about it because the old heavy curtains on the windows wouldn't close. I finally went to 'sleep' within the dream and then 'woke up' in the morning and got dressed into this really formal clothing: I was wearing a black dress with jewelry that would have been far more expensive than anything you'd think a starving artist type could possibly afford to wear, and my companions were dressed in black tie. We left our room and hopped into one of those glass elevators that run down the outside of buildings and down into a really formal restaurant for breakfast. We walked to a table where this lady with long black hair and an emerald green dress met us and bought us food, but then she and one of the guys ended up having a really heated argument when he mentioned something that someone in her family had supposedly done. The lady got really angry and so did I (can't remember why, but I think I took offense to something he said) so me and the lady in green got up from the table and went off the find the ladies toilets - presumably to have a girly bitching session about what had just happened - and just as we found the toilets I woke up.

Hmmm, make of that what you will. It didn't make a lick of sense to me - except for the bitching session about someone which did happen between me and a friend over something someone we knew had done a few days before I had this dream. :lol:

Last edited: