Weird Dreams Thread

Matt2000

An Unfortunate Discovery
DONOR
Car(s)
2020 Tesla Model 3, 1990 Discovery 1 Bobtail
Last night was a good one, I was going to New Zealand for a FinalGear meet (dammit, Joe), flew over in the cockpit of a plane which had no windows for some reason and as such was almost crashed or did crash (maybe thinking of the Dragon capsule with just screens?).

We were staying at a place by a lake that would've been more like Finland, I kept sleeping through most of the days because of jet lag but at one point I was fighting an army and 'space gun' was mentioned. I'm blaming watching Solo mixed with playing a lot of The Outer Worlds. Funny thing is I don't remember cars ever being involved at any point, clearly not a real FG meet.

DanRoM

Forum Addict
Car(s)
MX-5 ND, Tracer 900 GT & two bikes
OK, it's Sunday morning, half past seven... and I'm awake. Because of one really weird and elaborate dream.

So, I was visiting @Dr_Grip and we were watching a movie, open-air in some Berlin backyard, together with some nondescript friends of his (nondescript because I don't know them, but point is, we weren't alone). It was some independent drama about people from $poor_african_country having their child receive important medical care right there in Berlin even though the trailer promised some decent action scenes. Now, afetr waking up, I can't really recall all that, but during the dream I had the movie scripted out pretty elaborately, with dramatic hospital scenes and whatnot.

When the credits rolled, we and the others talked a bit, and decided well, let's go home. Cue post-credit scene which turned out to be the epic car chase between the fleeing protagonist family and $corrupt_government_agents / $gangsters promised by the trailer (longest post-credit scene ever). Only we just wanted to go home. So, no problem, because the movie was taking place in Berlin we could just get in our cars and join the chase, thus watching the action while going home. So @Dr_Grip got drove off in Lucille while I needed a bit longer to enter my Lamborghini Countach and get it out of the cinema/backyard. I then tried to catch up with him (and the movie chase) by driving through city streets at 200+ kph while getting route information via radio (I blame FG roadtrips). At some point the Doc inexplicably was now as passenger in my car and we also jumped through another car that was crossing our path, which was possible because a countach is so damn low that it fits through the side windows (yeah right).
At that point I heard an air-raid siren. Being already half-awake, I needed a moment to realize that this was my my real-life mobile phone that has exactly that as a ringtone for the civil defense app (NINA, and that I should perhaps check what the fuss is all about, so I got up and out of bed. It was warning me about a large fire somewhere else in town and that one should close doors and windows to avoid the smell.

I think I'll return to bed now. It's fucking 7:50 am on a Sunday. :D

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park
Dreamt about being somewhere warm with my family getting out of a suburban that was reminiscent of one of the two we had. We all got out to go I assume to check into the hotel. We were ready yet and mom was angry at us for being there? Anyways. I was told to wait because something wasn’t ready while the rest went walking one direction because they didn’t want me. So I wander the opposite direction starting to run. Then I hear my moms voice “go find him and get him back here!” Speaking my older brother. So I hid between houses in a neighborhood. I woke up in a panic. Existential panic and that I will die here alone.

weird. This all happened in the span between 10:30 and midnight right now.

Last edited:

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park
I was at some huge conference and People were lining up around auditorium seating. All was normal until I saw Vladimir Putin. Some time went by and the gathering ended, Putin walks over and gives me a hug, then walks away.

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
None anymore...
Good lord, that was a weird dream last night...

The setting was the world we live in, but I was a kind of godlike creature and apparently very angry so I threw things like people and cars around. There was another godlike creature who tried to undo the damage I did, but was only able to prevent it once they learned how to undo it. That meant when I threw around a person once, the other creature learned and undid it, and when I tried to throw around that person for a second time the other creature prevented it. This made me even more angry so I escalated from throwing people and cars around to smashing bridges, relocating whole buildings and then cities.
I have no idea what made me so angry and what happened at the end, but my day yesterday was good so my brain didn't really have to let off steam in my sleep... :dunno:

DaBoom

Worlds fastest Amish
DONOR
Car(s)
Various BMWs, a Swift cabrio, Benelli TreK
Umm, ever heard of an anime called Inuyashiki..?

TIL there's a live action version of it as well, but that description sounded very familiar. Short, but excellent series.

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
None anymore...
Umm, ever heard of an anime called Inuyashiki..?
Nope, never heard of it...

One more weird dream last night: I was some kind of cop and investigated a family of father and four sons, I don't know exactly why but here we are. I didn't find any evidence so I had to let them go. When I investigated another case I roamed through the streets, trying to find something in a manhole cover. After I opened one of the manhole covers and went in there I found myself in some kind of areaway surrounded by iron bars, surrounding it was an apartment filled with dogs and puppies, presumably a puppy mill. One puppy slipped through the iron bars, that's when the people inside the apartment noticed me, they were the family I investigated earlier. They thought I was onto them so they didn't let me go once they freed me from the areaway. Somehow my cop partner showed up and I was able to let him know I was held against my will. When the four sons took me to a separate room they played a game: they had some kind of compound they smeared on their fingers and flinged onto a scale, scoring a point once the scale showed a certain weight. They had enough so they chose me as their target, but before they could fling the first batch of compound my partner burst into the room, taking out the most intelligent brother while I dealt with the second most intelligent one. The other brothers didn't react at all so I was able to escape.