Weird Dreams Thread

Yesterday morning, there was a mild earthquake in the general region. Too weak for me to feel, but close enough that they sent out an an emergency alert message to mobile phones seconds before it struck. Which is cool, and I dig it, even when it's annoying, because I know it'll be helpful one day. It's very similar to the Emergency Broadcast System test they recently did.

Except I was so tired that while I heard the alert, I didn't fully wake up. Instead, my brain dreamt that I woke up, read my phone, and saw an notification that said that Claire "Dessert Person" Saffitz (formerly of the Bon Appetite test kitchen youtube channel) has tested positive for the same real infection that there was news stories about, which someone local claims they got from eating undercooked tilapia and ended up having to have all 4 limbs ampuitated (but the local hospitals are denying that there's anyone receiving care for such a condition...it's kinda a weird situation. But this dream Claire wasn't at that stage yet, she had only tested positive for it.)

This is Claire, for reference...in case the name didn't click, but maybe you recognize her. *shrugs*
1697713191841.png

Now, when I actually woke up...I remembered this dream...but I didn't remember it as a dream. I just thought it happened, but didn't think about it any further than that. It wasn't until much later in the afternoon that I saw someone mention the earthquake alert on Reddit that i went back and looked at the notification, and saw that it was indeed for an earth quake.

My brain never stopped to question why this sort of celebrity news was sent out as an alert like this.
My brain didn't question why it wasn't accompanied by further information from some state health agency about food handling safety or a recall.
My brain didn't question why I was getting this alert in California, since she lives in New York.

But then when I saw the earthquake notification, it all came crashing down, and I was like, "Oh, duh...well of course, dumbass. Even if it was true, they wouldn't send out a message like this about it."

claire-saffitz-claire.gif

Last edited:
I was in Warsaw just after WWII so everything was in ruins. A bunch of people waited for the tram which arrived but couldn't get to the stop because people were waiting on the tram tracks. The tram driver patiently waited for them to clear the tracks so he would be able to get to the stop, but nobody moved. The tram driver then called the military which cleared the tracks, but everything else within a couple of hundred meters as well. Now the tram driver didn't stop at the station because nobody waited there anymore.
Those people who were waiting then ran after the tram, but couldn't catch up so they walked along the line which tracks were made of concrete. In the meantime a couple of trams drove by, apparently not phased by the concrete instead of steel tracks. They arrived at a bridge which was supposed to cross a river and was there the day before, but the bridge had disappeared and with it all the trams which drove onto it afterwards. One person was brave enough to step into the void where the bridge used to be and it (including all the trams) magically appeared for everyone.

:dunno:

Not last night, but while I was taking an afternoon nap on Saturday, I dreamed that I bought a white Setra S515 HD bus (one pretty much like this), for a purpose that I cannot remember any longer. Anyway, I hadn't paid off the bus completely yet, and it already had some electrical issues. One of which was the fact that each time I'd shut the bus down and start it again (which was for some reason done with a push of a button above the first door), it'd play worse and worse music, ending with loud turbo folk.

Then a schoolmate of mine from elementary school took the wheel, complained about a low battery (which I explained to him as faulty electrics rather than a dead battery), and drove it across grass and curbs. When I asked him what the hell was he doing, he just said: 'oh, it's a bus, it can go anywhere'.

Until your bus dream has a duck in it, it is only mildly strange!

I was trying to tell someone a number (4706) and I couldn't say it. I tried writing it and it came out illegible, it was very frustrating. I woke up thinking if that's what it feels like to live with a mental condition. :|

I was trying to tell someone a number (4706) and I couldn't say it. I tried writing it and it came out illegible, it was very frustrating. I woke up thinking if that's what it feels like to live with a mental condition. :|
Did you keep getting killed before you could say the last digit like in the movies?

I've been unable to pronounce words after migraines before, but I was just as confused in my head. Other than speech impediments, other languages and being drunk, I'm not sure if there's a state where you're clear on what you want to say but can't say it.

Edit: I just got reminded of my dream from last night. It was very weird and I don't know what triggered it. I was at some work event where one male (IRL) boss and one female (imaginary) boss of the business were there. For whatever reason I was in pretty close contact with them. The were relying on some shares or something but a deal fell through and they were both going to be losing a lot of money. She was drunk and crying in a room and he wasn't around, so we left her and for whatever reason I was driving around in his Mercedes, possibly a Maybach in an awful pale gold colour.

When he arrived from somewhere looking defeated, with a bow tie undone and his shirt open like he'd been in a fight, I sarcastically patted him on the back and said "never mind." before walking off. I think I woke up before I got fired. :LOL:

Last edited:
Did you keep getting killed before you could say the last digit like in the movies?

I've been unable to pronounce words after migraines before, but I was just as confused in my head. Other than speech impediments, other languages and being drunk, I'm not sure if there's a state where you're clear on what you want to say but can't say it.
Not killed, just not able to speak. It would come out weird and unninteligible.

Well, you are a Brazilian living in Portugal. You might simply have dreamt in European Portuguese.

Speaking of which: my wife just put on a CD that she bought from musicians playing on the riverfront in Lisbon. I heard an unfamiliar mix of Portuguese and "What on Earth could this be?" Turns out the musicians are from Cabo Verde.

It's a daily bingo of "What language is that?"
It can be European Portuguese, Russian, Ukranian, regional accent or someone from an ex-colony.

I dreamed I was dating a brazilian journalist, but in my dream she was much shorter and hotter than in real life. I mean, she is already very good-looking (specially for someone in her 50s), but in my dream she looked more like an instagram model, with revealing clothes and an obnoxious behaviour.
In case anyone is curious, this is the journalist:
1699607889523.png

I was starting a new job helping build a new building for aircraft assembly. I was shown around a bit with a small group and then pulled aside to start training on a machine that laser engraved pipes.

I stepped away from the machine for a minute so I could remove my mask and get a drink. As I was drinking, I seen flames so shut down my machine, pulled the fire alarm, grabbed a fire extinguisher and ran over to try and put out the fire. I had to climb a ladder to get to the flames where I used the fire extinguisher unsuccessfully. I climbed down the ladder and helped another guy that immediately fled the scene. The fire crew put out the fire after a few minutes.

I tried going back to work, but I couldn't remember where I was supposed to go. After wandering around for awhile a woman asked if she could help me, I told her I was lost, a guy was right there and said he would take me where I needed to go. I followed him to an old school donkey cart and then followed behind the cart. Something spooked the donkey and I couldn't keep up. I woke up confused.

After reading that, it seems like you should wake up to this:

Had a strange one this morning. I was in a shop and after looking at some mushroom fronds (?) there was a guy at the cigarette counter wearing a suit. I think he had a few others with him also wearing suits. He was Chinese, but there's no significance to that. He asked for a pack of cigarettes with an air hostess on them. I was about 10 feet away talking to some people.

Cigarette guy said that some members of his family had taken up smoking. My immediate thought is that he had picked up the habit from being around them, but then he said "they stink". He was buying the cigarettes deliberately to out-stink the other smokers. :LOL:

Edit: I think I've vaguely figured out where this dream came from. I saw someone last week who looks like an ex-colleague, if he had been stung all over his head by wasps. Every time it's wasp season here I keep thinking I should buy a pack of cigarettes just so I can light one and keep the wasps away.

Last edited:
We're in Utah, visiting @Kiki and @Blind_Io.
He's really tall. 4m-high tall.
There are other FG members there, and someone says "Hey, we should go to the science museum", to which @Blind_Io says "Oh, I can't get near that place. Court order."
Gasps are heard. Someone asks why. "Because of some profanity."
@Kiki intervenes: "It was more than that!", to which @Blind_Io responds "Ok, fair. The plasma cutter might have been a bit overkill, but I won the discussion!"

There are other FG members there, and someone says "Hey, we should go to the science museum", to which @Blind_Io says "Oh, I can't get near that place. Court order."
@Kiki intervenes: "It was more than that!", to which @Blind_Io responds "Ok, fair. The plasma cutter might have been a bit overkill, but I won the discussion!"

I want what you’re having.

This is all 100% true.

This is not a dream. This is a premonition!