Weird Dreams Thread

Buffy_09

Some of ye know about some of the weird and crazy dreams I have been having lately, particularly the being hypnotised dream, the farmer guy trying to shoot me, the random appearance of the Joker, and my recent dream of playing tennis with Richard Hammond.

I though maybe people could post here some of their weird/scary dreams, and maybe see if anyone knows what they might mean.

Or at least give us a laugh, or an insight into your underlying problems :p

fuessli_der_nachtmahr.jpg

Don't want to know.

^^Pervy horse is pervy.

I think that pic is meant to denote sleep paralysis...which is meant to be some freaky shit.

There's one dream that stands out in my mind, even though it's been about 10 years at least since I had it.

I was walking around Fort Point in San Francisco with my friend Judy. A man walks up and pulls a gun on us, demanding Judy's purse and my wallet. I pull Judy behind me, and tell the man that he doesn't want to this, that he is on federal property and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law by the FBI. The man is getting more and more nervous, and as I'm asking him to put away the gun and leave, his finger twitches and the gun goes off.

I remember feeling a sensation like being punched in the forehead, only I can feel the back of my skull shattering. I fall to the ground and see Judy kneeling over me screaming my name. Everything starts fading out, and I remember thinking, "I'm dead."

Then I woke up.

I've never had a dream like that before or since. (Thankfully.)

^that?s....scary
I never had very fighting nightmares. Things like dieing or so. My dreams are more random. Most of the time my dreams are a collection of things I did added together.
If I play a game, watched a movie, they will combine together with some event in my day and create some stupid story :p
Its fun trying to remember them and complete the story the next day. :D

Last edited:
I usually don't have dreams like that, either. Most of the time, my dreams are as nerdy as I am. I've found myself on Babylon 5, serving on board the Enterprise, or helping the Doctor on one of his adventures.

I haven't had a Top Gear dream yet, but considering that James May has been in the Sacramento area at least 3 times now, it's just a matter of time before my subconscious makes that connection and I'm driving James around in my car, the two of us comparing GM today to British Leyland in the 70's.

Usually I know when I need new brakes because I have dreams where I can't stop on time and smash in to a car in front of me since in the dream I had no brakes. I already knew I was going to need brakes a while ago but after driving a different car for 5 days when I was in Boston, I really realized I needed to get them done ASAP :lol:

So I got my brakes done last week, and this morning I had a dream where I was driving a BMW 6 series, I think because it was a boat of a car but I clearly saw the emblem on the steering wheel. Anyways, in my dream the brakes were overly responsive to the point where I would step on the brake and the passenger to my right would be jerked forward so I would take my foot off the brake to only have the engine of the BMW move it muuuch closer to the car in front of me where I would have to brake again. :lol:

So not like that in my car as far as jerking the person forward, but if I'm not careful and step on the brake too fast+hard then yes, jerking time. Fun shit.

My most recent weird dream was that I was buying ammo with my fraternity brothers at a gun and outdoor shop on Rt. 9 somewhere. :?

I remember a dream I had as a child, in which I was walking in the street with my mum and sister for some reason, and then a gigantic bee the size of an SUV goes after me from nowhere, and I can't run from it as it sort of sucks me towards it. :?

On the dream note, I sometimes catch my sister sleep-talking. So far I haven't had the chance to whisper something in her ear, but it will happen eventually :p

On a kind of related note, has anyone here ever sleepwalked?
I did once, I wandered into my parents' room :blink:

It was kind of weird...

I used to sleepwalk all the time, usually straight into my parents bed. I did it probably three or four times a week for nearly a year before I grew out of it. I also used to sleepwalk into dinner parties or behind my mum when she was ironing late at night. Sometimes now when I'm stressed I'll wake up with my lamp on which usually means I've gone for a midnight wander (i turn it off before I sleep). I think I dream about running then, but whenever I'm running in my dreams it's like I'm running in molasses, like I can't get my legs to get moving. It really irritates me.

I've had seriously weird dreams this week...I dreamt that the V8 Supercars came to Melbourne CBD for a race. That was actually pretty cool. They went along St Kilda foreshore too. My sister and my mum and I went, and my sister was her seven year old self whilst I was the age I am now (she just turned 18).

Now where are my MSN logs, was telling a mate all about some odd dreams yesterday. Just as a quick summary, they involved crashing a car into half of a bridge and getting lost in a car with a bloke from Dragons Den, who was too tall for said car.

For some reason, the dream involved me driving around in my friends Holden Kingswood and there's this guy following me quite aggressively. I pull into some weird garage and somehow it gets to the point where me and my friend kill him for some reason. We're dumping him in the boot and I get all worried about the boot seals because they're starting to rip. Yeah! So we start driving out of the lot and I then realise I've killed a person. I realise that there's no way that I'm going to be able to hide the body without it getting back to me. I don't want to go to prison!

And then I wake up. Odd.

Also had a really odd dream involving an ex and my old high school, which suddenly has all this new technology for no real reason this year. We're sitting in a class... that's outside for some reason. My ex gets really close to me and she begins to latch onto me or something... and she somehow she gets me to getting me to admit that I love her in front of everyone. She laughs in my face and I feel like an idiot. Then I fall to the ground and she runs away and I chase her in a car, which is an automatic. As I drive, I keep making the front wheels squeal and spin through corners, and I manually shift the gears using the auto lever. And somehow I get to her and get pissed off at her beacuse I'm arguing that I don't actually love her or anything. Really odd dream, because I haven't thought, had any feelings for her or seen her in ages.

My dreams some how manage to get cars in them! I wonder what my interests are...

I also occasionally have some weird dreams of waking up a years into the future and actually believing that I'm stuck in the future after realising that I can't get out of the 'dream'.

Sometimes I have these odd feelings of being half asleep but for some reason I'm working. Then I think "Hey, I don't want to be working, I want to go back to sleep". This is usually after an looooooooong shift at work when I've had too many Red Bulls! :lol:

at least give us a laugh, or an insight into your underlying problems :p

Whoops!

Last edited:
I find that if I sleep on my back, really weird things start to happen. I am guaranteed to dream, and to wake up from it rather quickly, but that's not the weird part (I guess I'm just not comfortable on my back).

Very, often, when I wake up, I am fully conscious and aware, but completely unable to move. The first time this happened I really panicked. It's so weird, just being completely numb like that. Couldn't even open my eyes. Now when it happens I know to just relax, and I can snap out of it after a few seconds of straining.

All I know about this is a Google search that resulted in a yahoo answers page that said when this happens, you are entering another dimension :lol:

I find that if I sleep on my back, really weird things start to happen. I am guaranteed to dream, and to wake up from it rather quickly, but that's not the weird part (I guess I'm just not comfortable on my back).

Very, often, when I wake up, I am fully conscious and aware, but completely unable to move. The first time this happened I really panicked. It's so weird, just being completely numb like that. Couldn't even open my eyes. Now when it happens I know to just relax, and I can snap out of it after a few seconds of straining.

All I know about this is a Google search that resulted in a yahoo answers page that said when this happens, you are entering another dimension :lol:

Sleep paralysis, when your brain is awake, but your body is still asleep.

I've never had it, but I've heard that it is some scary shiz.

Last edited:
Funny, I barely remember any of my dreams. So when I remember, I dont care if its bad or good :) I love monster dreams for example, last time I had a dream with some kind of godzilla creature, it was so cool! And whats more interresting is that when I dream bad things, I'm more fitt in the morning, I can wake up easily (witch is VERY rare for me..) Quite strange...

But I did have very very bad nightmares when I was little, one example is when I had a fever, I always had the same dream: I'm in some kind of desert witch is a chessboard, and they throw me out of a train, than I'm forced to move the whole desert to another place, and when I lift up a piece of sand, it hurts, and I hear screaming. And next day (still having fever and being ill), if I touch anything it made me remember of the feeling of the sand. It was creepy.

I had a very odd dream recently that I was driving an old AMC muscle car of some sort and this huge channel-crossing hovercraft was chasing me down the street, destroying everything. It was pretty cool I guess.

I had quite a boring dream last night, put simply I was at EB Games (It's like Gamestop) picking up a copy of Gran Turismo 5 for PSP, when I walked to the cashier, I looked down to get my wallet and it turned out to be a copy of Tekken Dark Resurrection with a picture of GT5 on the side; so I said no thanks, put the game back where I got it and then woke up.

Side note: anyone ever have lucid dreams (dreams when you know you're in a dream)?

Last edited:
Side note: anyone ever have lucid dreams (dreams when you know you're in a dream)?
... and are able to control the course the dream takes?

Yes, but only once, a few months ago. It was awesome!