Weird Dreams Thread

I probably miswrote that, I meant to say the text in my dreams is completely readable at all times.

Thats weird, because I once read that when you're sleeping the part of the brain that is responsible for recognizing symbols isn't working.
You should try lucid dreaming anyways. :)

I had a dream that the Phillipines were in the world cup, and that Manny Paquiao was their goalkeeper AND striker. For some reason, I was on the pitch, and Paquiao saves a shot from I don't know whom, then he dribbles the ball to the other end of the field, running past me, all on his own, and scores the winning goal.

Whack.

Simple, you were on IRC just before you went to bed. It happens to all of us, you dream about something you were most involved in thinking about. So I've been thinking about Toy Story 3 all night because I went to see it so I'll probably dream that. It won't be a happy dream since I'm heavily thinking about all the bittersweet moments and also wondering how the Toys would react to Andy's er...awkward teenage years, (insert euphemisms of your choice here) etc.

Okay, Explain to me why my cat was chasing me in a helicopter. I was riding a bicycle and he was having trouble keeping up. Then, while I was looking back at him, I ended up in a train tunnel, with a head on collision to a locomotive, I was able to jink right, into one of the maintainence tunnels, and that turned out to be an entry into a shopping mall, where I was no longer being chased by my cat, but by Hitler.

Simple, you were on IRC just before you went to bed. It happens to all of us, you dream about something you were most involved in thinking about. So I've been thinking about Toy Story 3 all night because I went to see it so I'll probably dream that. It won't be a happy dream since I'm heavily thinking about all the bittersweet moments and also wondering how the Toys would react to Andy's er...awkward teenage years, (insert euphemisms of your choice here) etc.

Except I've been on IRC before bed every night for the last ~2.5 years, and Quadrax hasn't been on for months. If anything, it's probably to do with the fact that I spent a lot of time talking to him about certain things and yesterday I was reminded of them.

Okay, Explain to me why my cat was chasing me in a helicopter. I was riding a bicycle and he was having trouble keeping up. Then, while I was looking back at him, I ended up in a train tunnel, with a head on collision to a locomotive, I was able to jink right, into one of the maintainence tunnels, and that turned out to be an entry into a shopping mall, where I was no longer being chased by my cat, but by Hitler.

Well the running seems to indicate that you're wanting to get away from something. The cat probably represents a loyal confidant, I'm guessing in conjunction with the locomotive it's your subconscious representation of yourself wanting to move on from something/someone you hold dear and that it's getting easier (hence the helicopter not catching up) but the locomotive going head on represents that a large part of you doesn't want to let go and is therefore like the train pushing you back. Hitler though I have no idea where that came from though my money says the rest is just your mind linking the scenarios together in a fun way.

A recurring theme I've had lately - a bunch of things happen that I don't remember (probably different every time), but the end result is that I have somehow damaged my car. Usually minor but a couple of times I rolled it. Every time it happens, I try to figure out if I am dreaming. It seems like wishful thinking, everything feels perfectly real but I know I must be dreaming, so I start trying to wake up, and am usually able to within a few seconds.

If I ever crash my car I'm going to end up spazzing out trying to wake up from my dream :lol:

Last edited:
Weird sex dream about my bosses. I mean only one of them is attractive but that didnt stop the dream from including the other two.

They are all women at least.:ninja:

Well the running seems to indicate that you're wanting to get away from something. The cat probably represents a loyal confidant, I'm guessing in conjunction with the locomotive it's your subconscious representation of yourself wanting to move on from something/someone you hold dear and that it's getting easier (hence the helicopter not catching up) but the locomotive going head on represents that a large part of you doesn't want to let go and is therefore like the train pushing you back. Hitler though I have no idea where that came from though my money says the rest is just your mind linking the scenarios together in a fun way.

No, this is proof that cats fuck with you while you are asleep and the tunnel indicates that you are looking to get a little action without any emotional hangups, but the train in the tunnel really has me worried.

No, this is proof that cats fuck with you while you are asleep and the tunnel indicates that you are looking to get a little action without any emotional hangups, but the train in the tunnel really has me worried.

I completely forgot about that angle, but yeah, the train heading towards you has me worried too. That said, I may have missed it because when I have a dream about sex, I y'know have a sex dream. Sometimes it's lucid which makes it even more awesome.

I just can't sleep on my back anymore... I am guaranteed to have a really vivid dream that is such a direct continuation of falling asleep that I really have trouble determining if I was dreaming or not.

Something to analyze: this sort of dream always involves me "waking up" then something relatively normal happens. However, when I first "wake" I feel almost completely paralyzed. It's very hard to move and I can't talk at first. VERY gradually I regain movement but I often have to stumble around for a while.

That happens to my mum very often
I gonna ask her what's the name for it and what does she do to get out of that state

Just an FYI, it's not sleep paralysis, I get that too but that's a lot scarier because I'm awake but I can't move!

I had another weird experience this morning, I was having a very vivid dream (someone mentioned not being able to read in dreams before, but I quite distinctly remember reading French words). Suddenly I remembered that I had to go to work so I woke myself up, and sure enough it was past my alarm. It's like I always knew it was a dream in the back of my mind, but never really thought about it until it was important...

Not a weird dream, but one that frustrates me.
I had one of those meeting the perfect girl dream, I have no problems with it in dream because I'm dreaming but when I wake up I'm frustrated by the fact that my mind can basically create personas that may or may not exist in my life and create people based on people in my life; like mixing people together. This perfect girl looked like this girl that was on my bus but had a personality exactly opposite, which is why I don't like the girl; although she is very attractive. Damn you mind, damn you to hell; also damn you cats for waking me up!

The night before my driving test I had a weird nightmare.

I was up in my room and the family were away and it was mid afternoon, like 3pm or something when I hear the piano start playing downstairs. Now I know there isn't anyone else in the house so I'm creeped out but eventualy go downstars armed with the pole I use to open the top of my window. But when I get downstairs the piano stops and when I go in the room there is nobody there, and nobody in the house at all.

So I go back upstairs, couldn't do much else, when it starts playing again. So I run downstairs and into the room and its stops but there is obviously nobody their to play it, so now I'm proper freaked out and run upstairs to grab my phone and keys and get out of there. So I grab my stuff and start off back down the stairs when I get halfway down and then realise the piano is now in the middle of the downstairs hallway between the stairs and front door!

So I run back upstairs and phone my parents to tell them to come home and that the piano is playing itself and moving around downstairs seemingly of its own accord.
And thats when I see out of the window (the only place my mobile gets reception in my room) this guy in a wheelchair on the pavement in front of the house, and just staring at the place. Then he moves his head upwards and sees me and the instant he does the piano starts playing aggressively again downstairs.

Aaaaaaaand thats where I woke up, at around 3am in a cold sweat and just laying in bed waiting to hear the fucking piano start playing... :wall:

FML

I had one of those meeting the perfect girl dream, I have no problems with it in dream because I'm dreaming but when I wake up I'm frustrated by the fact that my mind can basically create personas that may or may not exist in my life and create people based on people in my life; like mixing people together. This perfect girl looked like this girl that was on my bus but had a personality exactly opposite, which is why I don't like the girl; although she is very attractive.

My mind just creates people from scratch, I don't know anyone who I'd really want to go out with anyway, bar one person. And that just aint' going to happen, she features alot in my dreams now-a-days...:(

I keep having this recurring theme of school in my dreams, it's not necessarily school itself but I always appear to be in some kind of school situation. Two people seem to always appear, the first is my quasi sort-of-hate best friend and the other is this other friend I know who's about five years older than I am and has always been a 'big brother' figure to me.

Okaay...

The other night, I dreamt that I was on a plane with my parents. The plane crash landed into a boggy field, and we were all knee deep in cold muddy water.
My Dad was over in the corner doing maths equations on a big white board trying to figure out how to get us out.
Next, I am in my home town, near a shopping centre near my estate. Another plane then crashed outside the shopping centre, and sent soot all over the place. I then Tweeted something along the lines of "OMG, 2 plane crashes in Limerick on the same day?! What are the chances?!!!"

Then later on I dreamt that I had to had to get my wisdom teeth out again :(

Feeling a bit out of control and ignored?

Not really. I think it might have just been the humidity. :\