Weird Dreams Thread

Had a strange one just this morning. I dreamed that my friends and I were driving to Wallaroo (a small coastal town in South Australia, roughly 200km away from Adelaide). So everything is fairly normal and believable (although driving our cars into the sea out toward some sand bar was stretching it a little) right up until we stopped for fuel. I got out and went around to the front of the car. Eddie Jordan was there and suddenly the car was a Jordan J198. I asked him questions about the car and whether it was his favourite to which he replied yes. But what about 1999? 'Oh wait no that was my favourite' he says and the car turns into a J199. Fair enough. We finish refuelling and I go inside to pay. $5 on pump one. 'Oh is that the Formula One car parked outside?' the girl at the window goes. I say it is and she goes '$5 of V-Power' and then I reply 'yeh well you know Eddie Jordan, bit of a spendthrift'...:p

That's right, I just dreamed about Eddie Jordan.

I had a particularly vivid dream last night. I was driving my dad's Commodore, one part involved a friend of mine, who had bought a Dodge Ram that was unable to be registered, so we had to tow it on a trailer behind the Commodore.

Anyway, just before the end of the dream, I was stopped on a side street, waiting to turn onto a main road, about 50m from where I was heading. I looked right and saw a gap, so I pulled out. I accelerated quite briskly to be safe, and pulled into the driveway of where I was heading. The driveway crossed a ~20m wide nature strip/reserve sort of thing, and as I was stopped on the driveway, I was hit in the side by a red VW Jetta that was for some reason driving very quickly down the reserve. Both cars were write-offs, and I woke up genuinely scared of how I was going to explain the situation to my dad.

I woke up genuinely scared of how I was going to explain the situation to my dad.

I hate that. Sometimes I don't realize I've woken up, especially if the dreams were occurring in my house. It can take me a minute or two to figure it out. Luckily I haven't embarrassed myself yet.

I had a dream about the end of the world. It was quite surreal, and actually kind of mythical. There was no fire or brimstone. There was kind of an increase in light, not blinding, but like the sun got a little bit brighter, just a little brighter than a really bright spring day. And I went outside and almost everyone was gone. All the cars, too. And there were no birds. Only 2 of my neighbors were outside, calm, but slightly puzzled. I went back inside to check on everyone (pets, parents, and we had guests at the time, who I didn't recognize) and they were all fine, just briefly confused. My cat was missing though. Which made me a bit sad, but not as sad as I think I would be in real life. More like disappointed, for some reason. None of the electronics worked.

The whole thing was really calm. Too calm. Like everyone was satisfied and content with their lives, and relieved. I didn't understand, though everyone else seemed to somewhat. It was like I was a child again, and no one explained anything to me. There was a big to-do about getting somewhere before a certain time. I don't think we ever made it, but we must have had plenty of time because we just sort of hung around outside in the yard, not talking, but still all relaxed and sort of content. I knew it was the end of the world, or at least the beginning of the end of the world, but it didn't trouble me.

Last edited:
I kind of hate it when I have dreams like that. Those are the kinds of dreams that wierd you out for the rest of the day if you remember them really vividly. Well that's happened to me a couple of times at least.

I had one last night where I was running around an office building on a mission to steal some plans. I was getting in firefights and stuff was blowing up everywhere. Which was wierd, because I don't remember actually shooting anyone, just being in firefights. I know it took place in the present day, because there were computers with LCD monitors all over the office, but for some reason the gun I had was was a Luger P08. I was wearing a black pea coat, jeans, and Converse All-Stars, which made it seem crazy real because that's pretty much how I actually dress. I ran around through a bunch of hallways in the basement, not being able to find the plans. I got frustrated and nervous, because I had it in my mind thats where they were supposed to be. I ran upstairs and searched around through some offices, and still couldn't find them. I went up one more story, where I found a bunch of empty shelves. One shelf had a flash drive on it, which I took. I thought that might have the plans on it, even though they were supposed to be on paper. And then I thought I'd better take that and get out if I wanted to live, even though I'd be in deep shit if I came back without the plans. I remember really hoping that the drive had the plans on it. And then I woke up.

Maybe I watch too much TV? :|

I had one of those too. I had just finished a really long UT3 marathon the evening before and then dreamt I was playing it. I fired off a redeemer missile and when it blew up in-game, there was a really really bright flash, followed by a really loud rumble outside. I went out to check and everything, except my house was destroyed/on fire. I walked around a bit trying to find out what happened, when it dawned on me that I killed EVERYONE and EVERYTHING on the planet.

That's when I woke up screaming and couldn't snap out of it. I eventually wandered down stairs, waking up my parents in the process and seeing them finally snapped me out. My mum gave me a shot of whiskey to calm down and when I did I went back to sleep.

Then I had a wet dream.

Fun night!

I had one of those too. I had just finished a really long UT3 marathon the evening before and then dreamt I was playing it. I fired off a redeemer missile and when it blew up in-game, there was a really really bright flash, followed by a really loud rumble outside. I went out to check and everything, except my house was destroyed/on fire. I walked around a bit trying to find out what happened, when it dawned on me that I killed EVERYONE and EVERYTHING on the planet.

That's when I woke up screaming and couldn't snap out of it. I eventually wandered down stairs, waking up my parents in the process and seeing them finally snapped me out. My mum gave me a shot of whiskey to calm down and when I did I went back to sleep.

Then I had a wet dream.

Fun night!

How long ago was this? cause if it was during your childhood it would explain a few things :p

Last edited:
Last night (well, this morning. I woke up then dozed off for about an hour) I dreamed that I was adopted into the Duggar family.

While I was speaking to the camera about the novelty of being the only Irish Atheist member of the family, the mother (Michelle) was running around hysterically asking people what they wanted to drink.

I dreamed that I rented an apartment in the local Wal Mart. It was made entirely out of one way glass - I could see out, but shoppers could only see mirrors - it had a lot of steps, and a red couch. I justified it by saying it was perfect for when I was out at night and wasn't able to get back to my house, or if I wanted to walk to my office in the morning.

This explanation makes no sense because:
1 - Every bar in town is closer to my house than Wal Mart
2 - My office is way closer to my house than Wal Mart

If I will analyze this dream, I will conclude that it has something to do with wanting to buy a cheap futon.

I had 2 movietrailers in my dream tonight.....

The first one was a chickflick, about an attractive , succesfull 30something businesswoman who was so embarressed for not having a relationship she payed the cute but dumb and young office gopher kid to pretend to be her boyfreind/boytoy on official functions and family visits.
Offcourse the unavoidable happens and they fall in love.....

The second one was a copmovie with the working title 'Don't give up the donuts' , It has (freaking) Gary Busey playing a disillusioned, almost retired, half crooked cop who has to investigate the deaths of several police officers........through poisoned donuts.

Now to combine both of them into a cinematograpic masterpiece!

On Saturday night/Sunday morning I dreamt I was playing a massive open world vehicle combat game with cars and bikes alongside tanks and missile launchers, Twisted Metal style but on a much larger scale. I don't remember too much of the dream but at one point I swapped cars (in the same way you do in Just Cause 2, by walking up and pressing Y. This was clearly an Xbox game) into a massive grey tank (the left propelled gun type with no turret). It was slow and hard to aim but I remember taking out a few missile launchers that had strangely assembled below the hill the tank was parked on. It was a pretty epic game even though I generally hate online multiplayer because it's full of arseholes.

Also in the same night I dreamt I was on a train that went into a tunnel full of snow...

Another quite weird dream:
I was on a vacation in London, staying at a 5 star hotel.
On the first night, I went to the pool to relax. It was on a big room with crystal walls and roof, so you could see Westminster Palace silhouetted against the last sunrays. For no apparent reason, the building was being slowly deconstructed, and the Big Ben was nowhere to be seen.
Then the dream turned NSFW, but sadly, I can't remember a thing

The second one was a copmovie with the working title 'Don't give up the donuts' , It has (freaking) Gary Busey playing a disillusioned, almost retired, half crooked cop who has to investigate the deaths of several police officers........through poisoned donuts.

This movie needs to be made, it's fairly obvious that God told you to do it.

Last night, I dreamt I was a police detective in England, and for some reason I had to drive this family somewhere in their own car. It was a cross between a Peugeot 206 estate and a Skoda Roomster (it was a 206 on the outside and a Roomster on the inside, except with a more Peugeot-like dash and plastics). I seem to remember I ran off the road somewhere in the countryside and crashed it into a farm. In this same dream, I had to collect something (I think it was a microwave) off a used car dealer. I've no idea why. But while at this dealership, there were two Audi Q7s that had been converted into pick-up trucks, one a single-cab and the other a double-cab. I remember commenting on the hideousness of them and questioning why anyone would want to do that in the first place.

This has left me wondering why the cars that appear in my dreams do so. I mean, last time it was my dad's car, fair enough, but what caused the car that crashed into it to be a Jetta? I don't know anyone with a Jetta, and nor have I had any experience with one. And this time, a Peugeot-cum-Skoda.

I also have concluded that my dreams rarely have a determinable plot and make no sense whatsoever.

Roomster? That has to be the worst name for a vehicle I have ever heard. Why didn't they just call it the Living room?

I had an odd dream last night. Went to the movies and got a medium sized drink at the concession stand. The charge was $53.00! I ended up getting in an argument with the manager because he didn't know why I was upset with the price considering I had $60.00 in my hand.

Possibly the weirdest one ever for me last night, I was selected to participate in a lottery gameshow in Moscow where if I was fastest in completing an assault course in a faux-jungle in a football stadium I would win over a million pounds. Being the most physically adept contestant I knew i would win (everyone else was fat), but decided to withdraw when it was revealed that the trainers I had to wear were, for some reason, pink Nikes. As I left the arena, an attack helicopter crashed into it and the whole thing exploded and collapsed.

Obviously, this dream means that declining embarrassing footwear will directly result in your life being spared.

Speaking of weird dreams...two nights ago I dreamed that my mother was dying of brain cancer. She was sitting in a white lawn chair with a heavy blanket on her lap that she clutched, and all I could do was hug her and comfort her for the last week of her life. Absolutely terrifying. There's nothing more frightening to a man than the loss of control, because that's what drives them to do horrible things.

Then last night I dreamed I was sentenced to be executed in Saudi Arabia, because three of my friends and I were caught riding ATVs with dead cows on the back. I had to brace myself for the last two days of my life, while somehow holding onto the hope that during my execution my group (there were 16 of us, for some reason) would attempt a rescue at my firing squad, swoop down with a helicopter, and carry me off back to the States and to safety. I was on the roof of an awning, over a theater marquee, and thinking what to do with my last two days before I was returned back to prison.

Somehow, all my dreams have been horribly morbid. Wonder what tonight will bring.

I met a girl in a dream, she was seven feet high
I said: whatcha' doing here acting so fly
She ask me: I'm a Beautiful? i said: for sure.

she give me a "hey" and we were out the door
a few minutes later we enter her room
everything everything full on facinating gloom.