Weird Dreams Thread

Was this her?

worlds-tallest-woman-wallpaper.jpg

OK. My first dream last night, I actually can't remember any of it, but I do remember the feeling of impending doom I could sense. The thing that made this dream weird was that nothing bad, scary or out of the ordinary happened.
So when I woke up, I had a bit of a "Everything went better than expected" moment.

Then I dozed off for another hour or so, and dreamed that I was at the Oscars. I was nominated for Best Supporting Actress, and Jack Nicholson was presenting the awards. He pronounced my name as though it was Italian, by the way :rolleyes:
Anyway. There was the drumroll, and he announced me as the winner!
Then he said "Aoife has announced that she has turned down this award, so I will accept it instead." Then he walked off stage waving my Oscar, doing his trademark grin.

Jack Nicholson stole my fucking Oscar!! :mad:

Jack Nicholson stole my fucking Oscar!! :mad:

Think about it for a second, maybe he wanted to meet you later to give it to you. The award that is. Or not.

Lately some very large spiders have been randomly appearing in my dreams. These things are as big as my hand.

A few nights ago I had a dream where I was sitting in the dentist's chair about to have a tooth pulled out. The strange thing was that I knew it was a dream and I was trying to wake myself up before he started doing his work. I made it just in time.

If things get really weird for me in dreams, I try to sing a song to change where the dream is headed.

Last night I was lying on my back before going to sleep. In the past I have never been able to sleep on my back as I would wake up with sleep paralysis within an hour or two. However, I never got the associated hallucinations until last night. I must have fallen asleep because all of a sudden (in my dream I was still lying in my bed) I felt a presence in the room, like someone was trying to sneak up on me. I was still in bed and I couldn't move, or had a lot of trouble moving. I have experienced the paralysis enough times that I figured out what was going on (and quickly woke myself up) but it was still pretty scary.

Oh, and strangely, all of this happened within a minute or two.

Not so much a dream, but for some reason, this morning when my alarm clock went off, I was really convinced that it was actually Saturday. I was like, WTF did I set my alarm for, I'm going back to bed! *small nagging feeling that I really shouldn't do that*

when I finally realized that it was actually Monday, a massive FFFFFUUUUUUUUU moment occurred. I've had the opposite happen, waking up on the weekend thinking it's a weekday, but never that. put me in quite a foul mood to say the least.

I've had the opposite happen, waking up on the weekend thinking it's a weekday, but never that. put me in quite a foul mood to say the least.
Me too, I got up and was already in the shower on a sunday morning ... when I was TOLD it was Sunday. I probably wouldn?t have noticed myself untill I got to work and the gates would have been closed. In the mornings I work on Autopilot mainly. I don?t really think for myself.

Last edited:
I remember one time, I woke up in the middle of the night, I think it was about 3am, actually, and for some reason, I was CONVINCED that my alarm had just gone off.

So I got up, and groggily headed to the bathroom, got undressed, turned on the shower, and stuck my foot in, and that what when I copped on a little. Maybe it was the cold water that snapped me out of it a little, but I suddenly thought "Wait, I never heard my alarm....Why is it still dark? Ahh bollocks."

Luckily I didn't wake anyone up, because I wouldn't have heard the end of it :blush:

Last night I dreamt that in a shop that was in place of the local petrol station I bought a violin... I don't even want to play one... And I remember it cost 115 euro.

A couple of nights ago, I think Saturday night, I had a dream that someone gave me a brand new GT-R. And a bag of cash to afford gas, insurance, maintenance, etc. And then I panicked because I had nowhere safe to store it. @_@

It was kind of a weird dream.

Last night, the dream of all dreams, the flying dream. It quickly turned into a lucid dream when I came across one of my friends in the dream and he said something about being unreal and I just said "Yeah, it's a dream," and I continued jetting around until I was woken up by my cat jumping on my head. God what a great dream.

Flying dreams are fantastic, I had a lot of those as a child

Yesterday though I dreamed I was dead for the first time ever!
Apparently I died during the demolition of a building, or perhaps it was an earthquake, but instead of waking up, like I would normally do, I turned into a ghost :mrgreen:
I could speak with my family but with noone else, and there was a gadget on my mum's laptop where I could check my "ghost status" (?)

Also, I had another one where I was dating Lenny Kravitz (can't remember if I was alive or not, but maybe he likes that sort of thing :rolleyes:)
Thist really surprised me, because I don't have a crush on him or anything, but anyway, we had great fun doing watercolors of plains and stuff

My dreams are always x1000 times more interesting than real life

Worst dream ever: When you hear a familiar voice calling your name immediately before you wake up. Especially when it's someone who could conceivably be at your house, such as the man I borrowed a ladder from, who is taking his sweet time getting it back.

I had a particularly vivid dream last night... about a terrible piece of carbage.

I bought a car that I thought was a '66 Mustang Fastback. For some reason, when I went to look at it, I only looked at the front. It was in someone's one-car garage in a seedy neighborhood. When I got the car home, it turned out to have a '66 Mustang front, but the back of an E-Type Jag. I was like WTF. I got so mad, it woke me up. Like those dreams where you're so scared, you wake up, but with anger instead of fear. I was so glad to realize it was just a dream once I was fully awake.

As a car guy, that was actually quite the nightmare now that I think of it :|

I had a particularly vivid dream last night... about a terrible piece of carbage.

I bought a car that I thought was a '66 Mustang Fastback. For some reason, when I went to look at it, I only looked at the front. It was in someone's one-car garage in a seedy neighborhood. When I got the car home, it turned out to have a '66 Mustang front, but the back of an E-Type Jag. I was like WTF. I got so mad, it woke me up. Like those dreams where you're so scared, you wake up, but with anger instead of fear. I was so glad to realize it was just a dream once I was fully awake.

As a car guy, that was actually quite the nightmare now that I think of it :|

So a Mustang/E type crossover eyyyy......... :think:

You clearly are the biggest genius in automotive history! build it!

I had a dream where I was in some sort of competition where you were given a car and a caravan and had to do a... number of challenges. The cars and caravans were located in seperate carparks with numbered spaces (like an airport rental carpark), and you were given a key with a number on it. I got a charcoal-coloured Discovery 4 TDV6 and some random caravan. The first challenge was to simply hitch up the caravan, which I somehow won. Another challenge was to cook a fish, which I didn't.

Later on I was in Greece, and I'm not sure how I got there.

I have lots of weird dreams, most would only make sense to me, so I don't post them. And my dreams are often influenced by music, TV, movies, etc..

I am walking across a Field of uncut grass on a cool but sunny day. I am carrying a backpack and pulling a handcart stacked with some milk crates filled with various items. I don't know exactly where this is, but this is not a pleasure stroll. The cart is heavy, but I can't leave it. I am tired and can't stop until I find a safe place. I know I am one of the few remaining, but I moved before most. I am thinking about things I miss, people I morn, and where I want to go. I come out of the Field near a side street in a mostly residential area and hear some people arguing. I drop the cart and grab a club and walk to the corner of a building to take a peak. There I see 3 of my sisters talking to the 4th on a cell phone. I say "Hello", and they look at me and wave for me to come over. I go and retrieve the cart and pull it up just as the phone call ends. My one sister says "And you thought the end of the world would let you get away from us".

That is where I woke up.