Weird Dreams Thread

Last night was a good one, I was going to New Zealand for a FinalGear meet (dammit, Joe), flew over in the cockpit of a plane which had no windows for some reason and as such was almost crashed or did crash (maybe thinking of the Dragon capsule with just screens?).

We were staying at a place by a lake that would've been more like Finland, I kept sleeping through most of the days because of jet lag but at one point I was fighting an army and 'space gun' was mentioned. I'm blaming watching Solo mixed with playing a lot of The Outer Worlds. Funny thing is I don't remember cars ever being involved at any point, clearly not a real FG meet.

OK, it's Sunday morning, half past seven... and I'm awake. Because of one really weird and elaborate dream.

So, I was visiting @Dr_Grip and we were watching a movie, open-air in some Berlin backyard, together with some nondescript friends of his (nondescript because I don't know them, but point is, we weren't alone). It was some independent drama about people from $poor_african_country having their child receive important medical care right there in Berlin even though the trailer promised some decent action scenes. Now, afetr waking up, I can't really recall all that, but during the dream I had the movie scripted out pretty elaborately, with dramatic hospital scenes and whatnot.

When the credits rolled, we and the others talked a bit, and decided well, let's go home. Cue post-credit scene which turned out to be the epic car chase between the fleeing protagonist family and $corrupt_government_agents / $gangsters promised by the trailer (longest post-credit scene ever). Only we just wanted to go home. So, no problem, because the movie was taking place in Berlin we could just get in our cars and join the chase, thus watching the action while going home. So @Dr_Grip got drove off in Lucille while I needed a bit longer to enter my Lamborghini Countach and get it out of the cinema/backyard. I then tried to catch up with him (and the movie chase) by driving through city streets at 200+ kph while getting route information via radio (I blame FG roadtrips). At some point the Doc inexplicably was now as passenger in my car and we also jumped through another car that was crossing our path, which was possible because a countach is so damn low that it fits through the side windows (yeah right).
At that point I heard an air-raid siren. Being already half-awake, I needed a moment to realize that this was my my real-life mobile phone that has exactly that as a ringtone for the civil defense app (NINA, and that I should perhaps check what the fuss is all about, so I got up and out of bed. It was warning me about a large fire somewhere else in town and that one should close doors and windows to avoid the smell.

I think I'll return to bed now. It's fucking 7:50 am on a Sunday. :D

Dreamt about being somewhere warm with my family getting out of a suburban that was reminiscent of one of the two we had. We all got out to go I assume to check into the hotel. We were ready yet and mom was angry at us for being there? Anyways. I was told to wait because something wasn’t ready while the rest went walking one direction because they didn’t want me. So I wander the opposite direction starting to run. Then I hear my moms voice “go find him and get him back here!” Speaking my older brother. So I hid between houses in a neighborhood. I woke up in a panic. Existential panic and that I will die here alone.

weird. This all happened in the span between 10:30 and midnight right now.

Last edited:
I was at some huge conference and People were lining up around auditorium seating. All was normal until I saw Vladimir Putin. Some time went by and the gathering ended, Putin walks over and gives me a hug, then walks away.

Sometimes, I feel like it’s a blessing that I almost never remember my dreams. :ROFLMAO:
For a a few months I wasn't remembering dreams or not hitting the sleep cycle where that happens which concerned me.

Good lord, that was a weird dream last night...

The setting was the world we live in, but I was a kind of godlike creature and apparently very angry so I threw things like people and cars around. There was another godlike creature who tried to undo the damage I did, but was only able to prevent it once they learned how to undo it. That meant when I threw around a person once, the other creature learned and undid it, and when I tried to throw around that person for a second time the other creature prevented it. This made me even more angry so I escalated from throwing people and cars around to smashing bridges, relocating whole buildings and then cities.
I have no idea what made me so angry and what happened at the end, but my day yesterday was good so my brain didn't really have to let off steam in my sleep... :dunno:

Umm, ever heard of an anime called Inuyashiki..?

TIL there's a live action version of it as well, but that description sounded very familiar. Short, but excellent series.

Umm, ever heard of an anime called Inuyashiki..?
Nope, never heard of it...

One more weird dream last night: I was some kind of cop and investigated a family of father and four sons, I don't know exactly why but here we are. I didn't find any evidence so I had to let them go. When I investigated another case I roamed through the streets, trying to find something in a manhole cover. After I opened one of the manhole covers and went in there I found myself in some kind of areaway surrounded by iron bars, surrounding it was an apartment filled with dogs and puppies, presumably a puppy mill. One puppy slipped through the iron bars, that's when the people inside the apartment noticed me, they were the family I investigated earlier. They thought I was onto them so they didn't let me go once they freed me from the areaway. Somehow my cop partner showed up and I was able to let him know I was held against my will. When the four sons took me to a separate room they played a game: they had some kind of compound they smeared on their fingers and flinged onto a scale, scoring a point once the scale showed a certain weight. They had enough so they chose me as their target, but before they could fling the first batch of compound my partner burst into the room, taking out the most intelligent brother while I dealt with the second most intelligent one. The other brothers didn't react at all so I was able to escape.

I dreamt I was a teenager again and was up at a winter camp place I used to go with the church I attended back then. It was the first night which was the get the cabin sorted and have a not so goofy game played. All I could about was “we’re all in here and no one is wearing a mask, even I forgot my own.”

I've been playing too much at the computer.

Part of my dream from last night was me having to go grocery shopping (yeah, very spectacular), but the musical score for that shopping was the "Hell March" from Command & Conquer: Red Alert. :rofl:

I dreamt of a nice Ethiopian coffee brewing in my French Press last night. The image was specific enough to include a bit of froth on top of the freshly ground beans. Then I woke up at 5:30 in the morning and neither had nor wanted coffee.

I just woke from a nap where I had a dream about my deceased aunt calling and asking me to help my cousin. I tried to explain I could not give him much physical help, but she said that was not what he needed, I was the only one that could stop him from making the biggest mistake of his life. That is where I woke up.

“Marty, we have to go back!”

Usually I don't remember much of my dreams, so when that happens, it's because they're rather weird.
So, here goes the first dream of the year: I was working on my work laptop, while sitting at a table at the entrance of one of the clubs the company I work for owns, which was closed. The laptop was showing the window that required if I wanted to remove Flash Player, because it's not supported anymore, so I hit remove and close it. Meanwhile, I noticed my boss' granddaughter was also there, doing nothing, just standing in the middle of the room. Then I also noticed the same ceiling lamp I have in my bedroom was there, and started swinging lightly. I knew there was an earthquake coming, and when the lamp started swinging more heavily, I told my boss' granddaughter to brace, because the main shock was about to hit. After a few seconds of nothing we felt the quake. Then we went out and it looked like we were next to the entrance road of the market in my hometown, with a lot of chaotic traffic, and people talking loudly. I then called a colleague of mine, that I knew was in a garage on the other side of the road for some reason, to ask him if he was ok. He came out of the garage and yelled back at me that he was ok, and asked why, as if he didn't feel the quake. Then a man in a yellow Citroen DS wagon stopped in front of me, put improvised chocks behind his wheels, and walked away cursing. Then I woke up.

The part I remember from my first dream of the year was being in what I can only describe as a 'hippy town' with Chris Packham, a British naturalist and mild irritant even to fans like me. I was getting out of my bed, which was just in the open it seemed and the whole area was very open with walls made of this wicker fencing stuff that lets the light through.

He was talking to me while I put my boots on and told me that being single was bad for the environment. Like I'd give a fuck if that was true. :|

I realise now that it's probably because after the new year celebrations on British TV they always play a bit of Glastonbury and I always watch a bit, they briefly showed some of the big tents at the back and that's probably where my idea of fancy hippy camping came from.

We didn't get this far.