Ownership Verified: Weird Finn buys a scooter (Honda NM4 Vultus)

after a long hiaatus this thread has been resurrected!

so far:
2018, i did really little riding..... :(
2019 i was oncall for the entire summer by myself so i could not go riding, lend the bike to @DaBoom for his group ride (i think it was 2019), but was able to ride like 200km before winter hibernation.

But now!

Since i changed jobs (twice) i now have a job where i commute to work so i can start riding the scooter to work!!!!

here is a video (or link, depends how forums take my link) of the startup this season!

so far the temps have been less than ideal, like +1c to 11c, but i enjoy :3

2019 i was oncall for the entire summer by myself so i could not go riding, lend the bike to @DaBoom for his group ride (i think it was 2019), but was able to ride like 200km before winter hibernation.

Bachelor party for a friend in 2019 indeed. And since it was mentioned, a short boring clip from that trip. People who know me might be surprised that I was the lead vehicle most of the time, so not too much to record.

It's also too bad others had no cameras. With that body the Vultus is somewhat prone to grounding out and I didn't want to scratch someone else's bike. So while it's visible from my view that I was moving quite a bit on the bike to keep it more upright, I would've loved to see what it looks like when following. :mrgreen:

Also, wind deflection is very adequate. It was nearing 10PM when that clip was recorded and when we finally made it back at some point after midnight it was rather chilly. And great lights, which helped with my dark mirror visor..

Last edited:
The scooter is now in winter hibermation, battery removed and cleaned with damp towel.

I calculated that i did 1641 km of scootering this year, maybe next year i'll break 10k km in the odo (or 10k driven even).

next update in spring!

That's actually more than I managed to get on the Dyna. I got about 1000km out of it. :D

Son, I am disappoint...why hasn't anyone done this before? :lmao:

Galantti_is_the_law.jpg

oh yeah this has a thread :D

Had a nice ride to Kouvola and took the suggested scenic route suggested by @DaBoom.

Stopped someway so drink, took a picture, was getting too hot, managed to cut my finger....
IMG_20220629_160519.jpg

Stopped at a Vuolenkosken Rantamesta to get a bandaid and drink some more water before continuing my jorney.
IMG_20220629_162314.jpg

and then a small ride ahead, stopped to view the Kimmola Chanel and small drink.
IMG_20220629_164058.jpg

Managed to get to @DaBoom 's place and managed to leach a bike wash :D
IMG_20220629_173400.jpg

On the way back i finally managed to break the 10 000km on the odometer, been too hot summers for my all-season gear past 2 years to ride.

10000km.jpg

Next update maybe in 2 years? maybe sooner who knows!

We both hit 10000km (or at least posted about it) on the same day 🤯