weird internet problem after a clean format

MadCow809

Forum Addict
So after a clean format and re-install of Win 7 x64, I discovered an weird and annoying problem which I can't rectify. It seems like my computer has somehow blocked both of these sites, RU and this site. Both these sites won't load up with any of the popular web browsers that I tried (Opera, IE, Chrome), it keeps saying "cannot connect to remote server". I then tried to use my netbook to load the sites, again.. no luck, all I get is a page time out. Now it starts to get really confusing... I can understand if it's just my pc, but my netbook too? I tried my cellphone, my sister's pc and her netbook, which are all hooked up to the wireless router I have. So I tried to reset the modem, but it still won't connect to the bloody sites I want. Now I'm really clueless, what could the problem be?

I'm not running any proxy settings, I've turned off my firewall and PeerGuardian. There is nothing else I can think that might cause this kind of problem.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

L2D

Car(s)
1999 Toyota Camry V6
Maybe those sites are having some off time or something? Did you try getting the websites at a different location?
Personally, I can't get RU, but my internet has been a bit off today, not really sure why. I can however get the other one.

MadCow809

Forum Addict
I know both the sites should be up and running. They are never off.

MadCow809

Forum Addict
can't ping them, I got a ping timed out result. Like I said, I can't connect to the server.

Buba

Wants Rick Astley's Babies
Car(s)
BMW M235i
First one is down for me as well, 2nd works.
Maybe it was just a coincidence... And sites DO go down. Yesterday evening I couldn't open logitechs site ;-)

MadCow809

Forum Addict
But what about the second site? It should be working but it's not showing up at all.

And if I access it via it's IP, http://58.86.33.169/, I can only get the front page to show up, but without the pictures or any of the links working.

That's about as far as I can get it to work, something isn't right.

Dr_Grip

Made from concentrate
Car(s)
1979 Opel Kadett | 1972 Ford Country Sedan

MadCow809

Forum Addict
well I still can't find the solution to my problem.. tried like a few methods but none of them work.

Mercury

Car(s)
VW Golf GTI MKV
I'm on Win 7 64Bit as well, second web site opens with no problem. RU is giving me a certificate warning right now so I'm guessing they're trying to get it back up.

MadCow809

Forum Addict
I have no problem accessing RU, it was down on the day I posted this thread, other than that.. its fully working again.

I'm more concern about the second site though, http://www.oc.com.tw I havn't been able to access it after the format.

Galantti

Is all about the suomibass
Car(s)
VW id3, Honda NM4 Vultus