Weird Speed Issues.

Zuhaib

Car(s)
19 BMW X3
Humm..
So here i am at 11 39 pm west coast time, started the DL at 7am, and i am only 64.2% with the new TG.. And i see guys posting about blazing speeds, and in the past i have seen some killer speeds myself in the past, but this time this is down right painfull!
The DL for the other show went really fast for me, so this leads me to ask the question, is there something up with the new way this torrent is being hosted or something or do i just have bad luck and only finding leechers?
I have seen post about BT and firewall, and, yeah i am behind a linux firewall i built ages ago. But is it really that important for BT for me to punch a few holes in the firewall for it or should it work over the firewall with no real issues.

I am just thinking..

I think if it works over the firewall, then the firewall would be pointless :?: , just open the ports that you have your BT client set to use, mine is set from 56561-56569. I'm sure Viper could offer a better solution tho :)

If you are running a firewall, you BitTorrent client can only connect to un-firewalled users. Depending on the users on the torrent, that can cut down the ammount of users you connect to immensly. I've got a hardware firewall running, so I just poke a few holes in it for BitTorrent traffic and DC++.

Opening up a few ports generally never causes security issues either. With only a few ports open, you'll keep out all the stuipd script-kiddies and retarded hackers. Any real hacker would be able to get into your system in the same time with or without the firewall. However, if they are a true hacker they'd have no purpose or interst in screwing around in some individual user's system.

Just open the ports and try not to worry. They'll get you if they want to anyway. :p :lol: