Welcome to vBulletin 4! Leave all vB4 feedback/bugs here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Hi there and welcome to the latest version of vBulletin. Lots of new features for you to find and make use of and given a bit, I'm sure you'll fall in love with vB4 as Quiky and I have. Yes, it's a change, but give it a chance. :)

Please note however that the forums are still a work in progress. There's basically no addons currently running (it's a stock install) as we're still working on updating/replacing them. That means you may find a lot of the custom features we've had here missing for a bit. Quiky is also still tweaking the theme, so leave specific feedback here on what you want tweaked.

Also the search index is still rebuilding (it'll take about a day to complete due to all the posts we have) and until it's done, search results will suck ass.

If you find any bug reports, please post them here.

Again, please give vB4 a chance and don't immediately hate it.

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
ima scared of change but i can certainly respect the need for optimization and ease of use.

heres looking to the future

I really liked the old maroon banner on top - can you change the color again?

The FinalGear logo needs to be back in the center as well.

Font size on the thread list feels a bit tiny, and in general it looks busy. Grey out the black text and bold the titles so they get a tiny bit bigger and easier to hit?

Also, the missing Not A Dude pink is a CRIME.

I really dislike how the "latest post" arrow buttons are seemingly haphazardly placed on the front page. Is it even possible to change where they go?

PRobably me just being stupid, but where is the User CP, with all the positive and negative rep?

"Settings" in the far, far upper right.

Ugh. Everything looks so cluttered. We need a solid theme, can't wait to see what Quiky has in the works.

Ugh. Everything looks so cluttered. We need a solid theme, can't wait to see what Quiky has in the works.

It won't be much different from this. You're already looking at a recolored version of the default theme. We'll just be tweaking it. We're looking to avoid making large changes to the theme as every time an update comes out, we have to manually apply any changes make to templates due to the new version.

I really dislike how the "latest post" arrow buttons are seemingly haphazardly placed on the front page. Is it even possible to change where they go?

It's line wrapping to the next line. Also: just click the post title -- it's the same thing. We may just get rid of the icon.

There are a few thousand settings to change in the style, so as Viper said, we will be tuning and tweaking for a bit to make it less busy feeling.

Hum, this isn't so bad. The white seems a little harsh on the eyes, but I might can change that with my monitor settings.

Anything we need to know starting off?

Depending on interest, I can make a dark background with light text. Make a poll for it.. Im heading to bed.. waaay too many hours spent on this today.

quoteimage28.gif

on a slightly more serious note, I'm sure I'll get used to it. It's just a big shock.

No offence, but everything looks a dang lot smaller from the last time.

And its so greyscale out here ! The old red at least provided some contrast. :(

EDIT: And erm one bug found.

2jcy2j4.jpg

Gootube linkys dont work :(

Last edited:
EDIT: And erm one bug found.

2jcy2j4.jpg

Gootube linkys dont work :(

Yes, it relied on a plugin I wrote to transform the URL to a format it could understand. I need to rewrite it to use the new [video] tag (please use that from now on).

Status
Not open for further replies.