Welcome to vBulletin 4! Leave all vB4 feedback/bugs here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending on interest, I can make a dark background with light text. Make a poll for it.. Im heading to bed.. waaay too many hours spent on this today.

THIS! Bribery can be discussed at a later date.

I have to admit, I'm not a fan.

Everything looks quite cluttered. Especially since I don't have great vision.

I found the red boxes that the threads/sub forums were grouped in in the last one very easy to navigate and see. With this new skin everything seems cluttered and difficult to differenciate. No soliid lines of disconnection like there was before.

Just my opinion.

Gonna have to get use to cliking the reply button. Now my typing's too slow for the internet. Oh well, something I'll need to get use to.

The quick reply is at the bottom of the thread for me without me clicking any buttons.

A lot of complaints here :lol:

I'm usually the one complaining, but surprisingly this feels rather nice. I'm sure I'll still find something that I hate, but this is not half bad so far, not at all.

Depending on interest, I can make a dark background with light text.

NNNNOOOOOooooooooo.....

I think this theme is too white, I prefer the old theme with a little more red. Other than that, it's good.

Oh, I thought of something. Quoted text becomes italic. It looks neat, but less functional, and harder to read. Often large texts are quoted, and meant to be read from those quotes. Also italic is sometimes used for emphasis.

What I'm saying is, try to make it look verbatim as much as possible.

I so hate this vBulletin 4 change and theme. All my favorite forums are turning into this. Everything's cluttered and there's too many icons and too much white everywhere. Also, the pics aren't resizing automatically like they used to.

I'd say it looks good, quite modern, good job. One thing, is "your car" going to return to the left bar with user information?

The "outer" background could be the same dark gray color at the header, maybe?

EDIT: Artistic impression:
https://pic.armedcats.net/m/mx/mxm/2010/03/21/forumbg.jpg

Last edited:
Ooh. Shiny and new forum layout! I still kinda prefer the previous look, but I'll get used to this one in time to come :)

The only thing bothering me at the moment is that rep bar is now located under the user name. I prefered it being right next to the rep power, made it somehow more logical.

Other than that, I'm really liking it :)

Could there be an option to choose the old theme? Because I really don't like this one =(

I don't think there is a need for a note when and by whom the thread was started. It's just too much text, especially when it is a short thread title (e.g. "Cool Videos" - below it is "Started by bone, November 21st, 2005 6:24 PM" which is like three times longer as the title itself).

A bug identified so far: time and date formats don't work, it always sets back to Extended US Format and 12 Hour Time Format and ignores custom formats entered.

THe search seems to be broke right now, if I search all posts by me, I only get results from the FG and TG forms, even when I selected to search all open forums.

I have to admit, I'm not a fan.

Everything looks quite cluttered. Especially since I don't have great vision.

I found the red boxes that the threads/sub forums were grouped in in the last one very easy to navigate and see. With this new skin everything seems cluttered and difficult to differenciate. No soliid lines of disconnection like there was before.

Just my opinion.

100% agreed.

THe search seems to be broke right now, if I search all posts by me, I only get results from the FG and TG forms, even when I selected to search all open forums.

Viper said the search index is still rebuilding itself, so searching is going to be borked for some time.

Oh, another thing. I just multiquoted those two posts, and when I hit "Reply to thread", it didn't take me to the "advanced" reply page, like it used to, but only refreshed the quick reply box. :(

One more thing, right now the icon for a post that's marked read is white, for an unread its very light blue... if you could change that so the difference is more obvious at a glance (the old white <> red worked very well imo) that'd be great.

Last edited:
So this is the change Obama was talking about!

Overall I like it, and that's after nearly four years of seeing it the old way. My only complaint is that thread titles in forums almost get lost with the descriptions under their links. It looks a bit cluttered. A dark theme would be nice as well. Other than that great job so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.