Welcome to vBulletin 4! Leave all vB4 feedback/bugs here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you click the button to mark a section as read, the actual threads don't change to reflect this, until you refresh the page. Functionally it isn't a problem, but it just looks weird.

Edit: This only happens if the particular forum has a subforum/s. The subforums get marked as read but the main doesn't reflect this. If there is no sub-forum, the functionality works fine.

Last edited:
About time you guys finally made the move. :cheers:

All I have to say anything about is the skin. The gradients at the top and bottom of every box for threads are stupid. It would be better if it was all a solid colour. And another vote for moar red!

Needs more colour.

Can someone please tell me where to change the maximum image size - I need my pictures resized for my small monitor.

Wow, what a shock. Coming here this morning, expecting nothing new, certainly was an experience. Thinking back to design changes / updates on other websites and forums I frequently visit, I know it will take a few days to get used to. Right now, I think the design is still too busy, but I know you guys are working on that. Otherwise a good move, I'm all for updating. :)

for whatever reason, i cant seem to login using the login box in the top right on the forums homepage. yet if i clicked reply to thread, it prompts me to sign in and it works!

Can someone point me to the rep list in my profile? I'm unable to find it..

When I came to the site I was like did I click the wrong link. Im a person who is a bit reluctant to change as well...But its okay till you are in a thread
I find navigating through sub forums a bit hectic. It seems to a bit cluttered and the thread titles do not stand out as the main object, which it should!

And the automatic image resizes aren't working or are the they lurking some where I can't find? :p

Is it possible to RepGreenBlob bar under the avatar? Some how it makes much more sense to me when its like that :D

FG1png.png

All in all its ok. Im sure I will get adjusted to the colour and everything in due time..

Edit - Is it just me or does anyone find scrolling on the forums is REALLY buggy?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Hmm... I would definitely vote for the old colour scheme, and also, what are the new features in V4 that prompted the move?. All in all: Good Job!

Wow, did not expect this. It's not too bad but:

1. The white makes it look a lot more cluttered, I'd say replace it with light grey and replace some of the grey with dark red.

2. The drop down list to change forum on the right bottom was really useful and seems to have gone

3. Below the thread, the similar threads, thread info, and posting persmissions seem a bit stacked, the layout needs work.

Looking forward to how this evolves... :)

Damn you Sir Stiggington - that bug survived the transition! :grin:

I've got a lotus notes database you can do UAT on :p

S'OK, I have an Oracle based db, Business Objects (a CorVu replacement), enterprise environment and Windows 7 all to be done for go live over ANZAC weekend

Damn you Sir Stiggington - that bug survived the transition! :grin:
It's a tough bugger :p

This is what I'm thinking of in terms of theme:

59043212..jpg

Obviosuly I screwed up the text, but it's a quick chop to give a general idea. Makes it look more FG, and more homely...

And auto image resize doesn't work...and I can't get rid of this attachment below:

Attachments

• 57684911..jpg
    57684911..jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
As said, the theme is a work in progress, so keep leaving those specific change requests ("it sucks", etc. isn't helpful though).

Wow... this is interesting. It'll take some getting used to.
The only issue is that everyone looks like moderators. No distinction between admins and users.

Yes, we need to bring back username colors.

Oh, I thought of something. Quoted text becomes italic. It looks neat, but less functional, and harder to read. Often large texts are quoted, and meant to be read from those quotes. Also italic is sometimes used for emphasis.

What I'm saying is, try to make it look verbatim as much as possible.

Couldn't agree more.

the pics aren't resizing automatically like they used to.

That was an addon, one that likely isn't compatible with vB4. We'll be finding an alternative ASAP.

I'd say it looks good, quite modern, good job. One thing, is "your car" going to return to the left bar with user information?

The postbit (the thing to the left of posts) is currently stock and has yet to receive a makeover.

The "outer" background could be the same dark gray color at the header, maybe?

EDIT: Artistic impression:

Nice, I prefer that as well. Quiky get on it! :p

The only thing bothering me at the moment is that rep bar is now located under the user name. I prefered it being right next to the rep power, made it somehow more logical.

Other than that, I'm really liking it :)

See above about postbit, but I agree.

Could there be an option to choose the old theme? Because I really don't like this one =(

No, we couldn't use it even if we wanted to.

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/as/ashspet/2010/03/21/realestate.JPG

This is a little cluttered, but I find if you turn off the side panel ^

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/as/ashspet/2010/03/21/realestate2.JPG

I think it's a lot cleaner this way. You can turn the view on and off whenever you want.

In addition to the mods not being in bold red, and the car listing, the "last online" has also disappeared.

(oooh, and image resizing....)

I was just toying around with that sidebar. I'm not sure if it'll stay or go yet (it's off by default).

@ Sir Stiggington: No. Just....no. Take it away before I stab my eyes out with the aerial for my wireless router :p.

I also like the dark grey theme MXM proposes. Also, more red please :)

Oh yeah, ditch the sidebar, I find it useless.

Last edited:
I'm cautious at first, as a forum I once frequented updated and changed its layout causing me to eventually abandon it, but I'm looking forward to FG being tweaked and tuned.

Viper - get some sleep! Back to bed for you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.