Welcome to vBulletin 4! Leave all vB4 feedback/bugs here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to have the colour theme and everything as close as possible to the previous one? That was really very easy on the eyes. I used to lurk the forums for like 6-8 hrs a day. I've been on for 5 minutes and actually for the first time all day, my eyes hurt. I kind of liked the carbonfibre weave. [Was there any or am I imagining that?]
I guess I'm with everyone on this.

Thanks to viper and quicky for working asses off for this. Much appreciated.

*I want my finalgear back :(

Picture resizing is working for me now, and the pale blue is heaps easier on the eyes :thumbsup:

I see an empty space in posts with quotes. Is this normal?

http://img524.imageshack.**/img524/9827/espacioquote.th.png

edit: where's ispy, btw?

Last edited:
It's... weird. Each post takes up even more space than before now. My scroller is gonna die...

I presume the forums will never look like they did before? Really loved the previous look as it was very easy to read and well layed out.

Last edited:
I don't know whether someone brought these things up yet:

When I click a picture, it is being opened in an overlay window over a fading background. That function absolutely sucks, because it is slow and degrades image quality. Given this forum is big on photography, can we go back to just opening/enlarging pictures within the thread/in a new tab/window?

When I click on "+ Reply to Thread", I am taken to the Quick Reply window at the end of the thread. Is it possible to make this function go to the Advanced Reply directly like it used to?

EDIT: wow, I like the grey bar with the functions at the bottom of each post. Looks much better already!

Last edited:
I don't know whether someone brought these things up yet:

When I click a picture, it is being opened in an overlay window over a fading background. That function absolutely sucks, because it is slow and degrades image quality. Given this forum is big on photography, can we go back to just opening/enlarging pictures within the thread/in a new tab/window?

Maybe it has something to do with:

We are temporarily running a lightbox script. In order for lightboxes to work, the image must be wrapped in a URL to the fullsize image. In this case, itself. So now all images are automatically linked to themselves and if you manually make it link somewhere, that's ignored.

Or maybe not. I never noticed that, since I always middle click on images, opening them in the new tab anyway.

All of the changes I'd like to see have already been addressed my Viper, so I'll say that I would really like darker coloring. I browse a lot at night, and going from IRC(white on black) and two other forums I peruse(black on grey and black on darker grey), switching to this sight destroys my eyes. Even in daylight now though, all this contrast is quickly getting painful.

EDIT: Oh, bring back the horizontal navigation tree thingy that was at the bottom of each page. I loved and and hate that other forums don't use it.

Last edited:
Hum, this isn't so bad. The white seems a little harsh on the eyes, but I might can change that with my monitor settings.

Anything we need to know starting off?

There's a bookmarklet for Firefox, IE and Safari that darkens the colours just with one click. I use it all the time. linky goodness

(also has Firefox 'always make sites dark' function using Greasemonkey)

Last edited:
^The problem I had with InvertColors was that every time I loaded a page it would take a second to change, blinding me in the process.

And I kind of like having the 'Started by' info, but would prefer just a name and maybe date.

It's a pretty nice theme, although it does seem a bit cluttered. Just need to get used to it.

Oh, and I think the colour scheme could use a change. Just not sure to what colour.

Last edited:
Dark theme pls.

That darken script is neat, but not the best. I like the one that was available on vB3.6.5.

Last edited:
One of the main reasons we upgraded was to a large security exploit in VB 3.8 (Which they cant "find"), that redirect users, guests, and search visitors to a virus infected site. Not a good thing.

Rather than quote everyone to reply, i'll just post it here;
-The theme is a work in progress. There are about 400 options directly related to the color, and another several hundred related to the template and how everything is laid out. We won't be able to please everyone, but we will try and address all the complaints.

It may take a couple days or more to work out the kinks in the color layout, and there may end up being several varieties, but the old theme cannot and will not return due to technical isues.

As Viper said, we need specific feedback regarding problems so we know what to fix--- not just a "this sucks".

Thinks on the list to fix today:
-Thread started by (We don't need the "started by..@time")
-Rearrange the profile display on the postbit
-Start the dark theme
-Fixing the italic quotes
-More stuff :p

I'll keep everyone updated.

I like red(The color of the old theme). :) but so far its nice.

Last edited:
Also not sure if this is being worked on, but can we please change the image thingy. I want to be able to open them in their original full sizes.:(

The albums seem to be screwed up. See this thread as example. The pics in the first post should be of an Audi RS4, also in this post. Looks like the wrong albums are being linked to.

I am ok with this layout. Change will always jar I and others, but since we are progressing forward, I can see nothing but positives. In one month we all get used to it

The albums seem to be screwed up. See this thread as example. The pics in the first post should be of an Audi RS4, also in this post. Looks like the wrong albums are being linked to.
User albums got moved into the attachment system as part of the upgrade, and the user linked directly to the old image locations, which are being pointed at something else for some reason. Users will have to relink the images if they pointed to an album image.

Quote text fixed, removed the "started by at XXXXXX", and moved the reputation-bit down. I need to polish the reputation display as it wraps for no reason and needs to go up a line.

Yeah, we'll get used to it, as long as Quiky darkens the theme down a bit and adds more red accents! :p j/k

Also, just as an idea, could there be a more prominent link to the usercp/settings? Like in the same bar as the FORUM|WHAT'S NEW links?

I kinda like this theme, thing is i dont like color of names , now i cant tell where is administrator and where is not a dude

Status
Not open for further replies.