Welcome to vBulletin 4! Leave all vB4 feedback/bugs here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The name coloring will be changed.. Viper gets to tackle that.

OK, so a bit of a shock but just as the look of Opera changed a while back I'm sure I'll get used to it, and the colour scheme now matches the one I have in Windows so that looks quite cool too although I would like to add my vote for some classic FG red and the return of the car info.

Didn't notice anyone mentioning it above but the rep button doesn't appear to be working so one to add to the list if it's not on there already. EDIT: It may be an Opera thing as I just opened the forum up in IE and was able to use the rep button, however another thing I noticed is that having +repped a couple of people using IE, once done their rep score disappears and only reappears if the page is refreshed.

Finally good luck to all involved in what must be a mammoth task to deal with these and all the other issues arising from the change. Hope you've got a good stock of strong coffee!!!!

EDIT: I just noticed ahpadt's viewing this thread - brace yourselves guys!!! ;)

Last edited:
I like the way the photos are resized even before they are loaded but im assuming we will never see the yellow tab, which allows us to resize, again :(
Oh and there is some trouble when you have large images when replying to a thread with the Advanced reply box. (As I recall images didn't appear there, but now it does and does not get resized)

One thing which annoys me is the slow down when scrolling :huh: Scrolling (by clicking the middlemouse button) is like hell!
And when there are large images like in this thread its even horrible! (Even when scrolling using the wheel) Now I assume this is to me having a sucky comp but this never happens in anyother site. (Although I have never went to a another forum with this new vB4.) I use Opera by the way.
Just tried the site on Chrome and its fine there! Are there any Opera uses having the same problem?

Edit - Now it seems better all of a sudden but the Big Image Is Big thread is the same for me.
Edit2 - FOUND THE PROBLEM. When you have the mouse over the image and tries to scroll, its really buggy! Actually even moving mouse into and out of the image is also buggy!

Last edited:
There seems to be a problem with the table row width of the "number of replies" row - it is set to be flexible with no minimum set. Additonally, there seem to be no nobr tags in the spaces, which gives a rather uneven look, depending on the number of reples:
4451050564_312d1c5d2d_o.jpg

Some nobr between "Views: " and the number of such (or a fixed row width) would do wonders there....

EDIT: Or even make a line break there by default, would enhance readability, i think...

Last edited:
Not really a fix for the forum, but I have a program called F.lux installed, which gradually dims the screen and overlays a slight yellow tint on it when it gets dark outside. It takes a wee bit of getting used to, but I find it absolutely magnificent.
All of the changes I'd like to see have already been addressed my Viper, so I'll say that I would really like darker coloring. I browse a lot at night, and going from IRC(white on black) and two other forums I peruse(black on grey and black on darker grey), switching to this sight destroys my eyes. Even in daylight now though, all this contrast is quickly getting painful.

EDIT: Oh, bring back the horizontal navigation tree thingy that was at the bottom of each page. I loved and and hate that other forums don't use it.

Last edited:
Another "using the forum below full screen" displaying bug:
It's not like i'm asking for 640x480 support or something, but especially in the days of netbooks the forum should work with less than 1200pixels window width, i think...
4451071684_7dce331c98_o.jpg

(Current FF on OS X, in case it's important)

EDIT: Oh, and while i appreciate my long line of bars being back down below, i think the wrap is not intended, or is it?
4451085002_cae5e6f8a5_o.jpg

Last edited:
The Reputation button and the Rep Power, would look better if both have a similar colour, to make it more intuitive.

Didn't notice anyone mentioning it above but the rep button doesn't appear to be working so one to add to the list if it's not on there already. EDIT: It may be an Opera thing as I just opened the forum up in IE and was able to use the rep button

I'm using Opera (10.50) and don't have any problems with rep button. Works for me.

EDIT: Oh, and while i appreciate my long line of bars being back down below, i think the wrap is not intended, or is it?

Similar here, but only one dot (rectangle, whatever) is in lower line in my browser.

Reactions: MWF
I can't quite put my finger on what's different with the coloring between now and last night, but it's slightly easier on my eyes now (maybe just because it's morning). I don't mind the white but prefer a slightly less electrically bright white.

Actually the color here in the "edit post" box is more what I would personally prefer now that I'm editing to say the other functions seem to be working pretty well.

Couldn't you create you own theme in the last version? Cause I don't think the modifications would be too difficult, and was trying to find a way to change it myself, but there seems to be nothing about themes anywhere. I'd be glad to help designing it though, got some ideas...

And the colour in the edit post box is basically identical. I think we need more grey.

I would like the breadcrumbs ( eg. Forum > General Discussion > Off-Topic > Random Thoughts....) to be at the page's bottom as well, as I was accustomed to navigating via them there in the old version.

Honestly apart from some minor changes with text and the like I think it's fantastic. I dunno why so many people are complaining.

The text below the avatar is a bit jumbled/crammed especially when the "Location" is word-wrapped, and will look even moreso if the "My car" is brought back (which it should...especially if you can insert multiple listings that get bullet-pointed). Perhaps a solution to the "looks jumbled" issue would be to bold-face the stat names.

Example:

over the rainbow

Rather than how it is now...

over the rainbow

This may be irrelevant and non-configurable, but one thing always annoyed me. My main way of navigation is to click new posts, and continue from there. When you click it, you're presented with a list of threads. To go to the latest unread post of a certain thread you have to click the tiiiiiiiny button before the thread name. There's this huge square thread status icon to the left, which is not used. Would be extremely nice to use the big button for this function instead. This probably requires some major modifications :(

This may be irrelevant and non-configurable, but one thing always annoyed me. My main way of navigation is to click new posts, and continue from there. When you click it, you're presented with a list of threads. To go to the latest unread post of a certain thread you have to click the tiiiiiiiny button before the thread name. There's this huge square thread status icon to the left, which is not used. Would be extremely nice to use the big button for this function instead. This probably requires some major modifications :(

I would love something like this as well.

Definitelya lot of visibility tweaks can be done, but most have been brought up here already. In general stuff just looks more cluttered right now, and the bright white background is not ideal.

Best for the eyes (in my opinion) would be medium red text or slightly gray on a dark gray background.

Status
Not open for further replies.