Welcome to vBulletin 4! Leave all vB4 feedback/bugs here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure this hasn't been posted, I apologise if it has.

When you hit reply with quote it is possible to have the cursor go to the end of the quote/after the quote? It makes more sense to reply to a quote rather than have the quote after what you're about to say.

Pretty sure this hasn't been posted, I apologise if it has.

When you hit reply with quote it is possible to have the cursor go to the end of the quote/after the quote? It makes more sense to reply to a quote rather than have the quote after what you're about to say.

Internet Explorer I take it? Because it does exactly that in Firefox. You can't really do that in IE on the otherhand.

Firstly amazing what has been achieved in a mere couple of days.

Secondly can I add my vote for a slightly darker shade of red? Current one is a little harsh on the eyes and something deeper would go better with the new uber-classy look.

The red = new posts is only true from the front page. Once you click inside a forum red = "hot" thread and gray is a "regular" thread. Read/unread is denoted by bolding.

I think.

So a red thought bubble means there are unread posts in this forum. A red envelope means "this is a hot thread with lots of posts."

That all sucks. I've always hated the "hot thread" marker and have promptly got rid of it on every forum I've set up. It makes no sense to denote a thread's length with an extra icon - we already know the thread is lengthy, it's got loads of pages and a really big number in the # of posts column - but even worse, we're doing it now in a way that is visually way more striking than the "unread posts" marker.

I know the thread title in bold means there are unread posts, but a newbie vB may not. If anything, a red blob next to the thread name should mean "unread posts". I'm very experienced and even I got confused by those icons.

Last edited:
https://pic.armedcats.net/m/mx/mxm/2010/03/21/forumbg.jpg

This one gets my vote as well, except with dark red headers. And the post background grey is too dark in the current red theme. Blech!

Changed the post status icons-- Red = New posts, Grey = No new posts. No more "hot or not" crap.

Minor rep-related bug (FF 3.6.2 on Mac OS X SL): When trying something stupid (like repping MWF yet again or +rep the same post twice) the error message ("You must spread some..."/"You cannot rep the same post twice") only shows up the second time i click the rep symbol.

Speaking of which, i found the "+/-"-symbol much more intuitive than this somewhat generic star.

^Who are you calling a "somewhat generic Star"? I'm telling my Mum!!!!!

In "Currently Active Users"... I'm not sure if any of us regular users is interested in seeing the search index spiders that are... erm... spidering around the forum to build up their databases. Can this bit be hidden?

Minor rep-related bug (FF 3.6.2 on Mac OS X SL): When trying something stupid (like repping MWF yet again or +rep the same post twice) the error message ("You must spread some..."/"You cannot rep the same post twice") only shows up the second time i click the rep symbol.

Speaking of which, i found the "+/-"-symbol much more intuitive than this somewhat generic star.

At first I thought that star was a Sheriff's badge for reporting a post.

EDIT: Oh, and when you get around to it Quiky or Viper (as in, when everything else is working perfectly) Could one of you color-match that little doc in my title to the new forum?

Last edited:
Trying the red theme now and I too would like to petition for a less red colour, more maroonish.

Having a separate section for game and regular IMs seems like a waste of space. It would be neat if they were all combined like before.

This isn't really a forum issue, but is it necessary for MSN to be spidering the site with 66 different spiders?

spiders.png

While I am bitching, I think the blogs should be axed. No one will view them and they are a bit redundant.

^Has the look changed since they started with 4.0? I can't see anything? :|

Edit: My bad :D Found the little "Red" button :D

Last edited:
my only real suggestion is to add what cars a person has back to each post they make. i.e: it would show what car(s) a person listed as owning in their profile where it says location, age, posts, rep, etc. kind of a little thing but i see people frequently referencing what cars they own and having to look at their full profile every time is somewhat bothersome.

Status
Not open for further replies.