Welcome to XenForo

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
If we're going with dark and a single highlight colour, why not the old FG red?

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
If we're going with dark and a single highlight colour, why not the old FG red?
Do we want a third theme that's a throwback to the old theme? Or do we want to use this dark theme as the default and tweak it a bit to our liking?

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
'13 Moto Guzzi V7, '08 Pontiac Solstice GXP
They were incorrectly imported during the move. They all ended up as "1".

If we care enough, then I can write a custom script to import them.
I'll vote for bringing them back. Too much of our grand history is lost without them.

gaasc

Desperately looking for a title
DONOR
Car(s)
3 of them
I don't mind losing them, we can have new ones.

Do we want a third theme that's a throwback to the old theme? Or do we want to use this dark theme as the default and tweak it a bit to our liking?
Second one, less likely to go south on future updates

Viper007Bond

STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
I don't mind losing them, we can have new ones.

Second one, less likely to go south on future updates
One of the advantages of XenForo is that I can customize the colors entirely via fields in the admin area without actually modifying any template files. The dark theme is actually a child theme of the default theme with no template changes, only different colors set in the settings. I'll be sticking to my guns here which means zero problems updating to new versions of XenForo.

Any customizations we do would be along the same lines -- a child theme (style) of either the default white/blue (too bright!) or a child theme of the dark color scheme style I downloaded.

Dr_Grip

Made from concentrate
DONOR
Car(s)
1979 Opel Kadett | 1972 Ford Country Sedan
I'd love to have a red/white theme ust like the FG of old.

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
DONOR
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
One more vote for classic white/red theme

gaasc

Desperately looking for a title
DONOR
Car(s)
3 of them
One of the advantages of XenForo is that I can customize the colors entirely via fields in the admin area without actually modifying any template files. The dark theme is actually a child theme of the default theme with no template changes, only different colors set in the settings. I'll be sticking to my guns here which means zero problems updating to new versions of XenForo.

Any customizations we do would be along the same lines -- a child theme (style) of either the default white/blue (too bright!) or a child theme of the dark color scheme style I downloaded.
Ah, okay. it seems people would prefer a child theme of the light theme with some red accents. I'm honestly fine with whatever as I'll likely stay on the dark theme.

On a completely unrelated topic. I guess we can remove the share buttons below as well? we do have an FG subreddit, but that's all I can think of right now.

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Haven't seen this mentioned yet, any chance the forum could be widened to full screen? Using a 1080 wide screen, theres a ton of empty space.

Also thanks for getting the subforums to show up on the main index page again! Though for some of the less used subforums can those be hidden.... namely that giant "Uncategorized" section at the bottom of the main index.

Lastly, I know there isn't a mobile theme since its a responsive page design, and I mean to sound like a broken record, but if at all possible, can we get something like this https://xenforo.com/community/resources/rellect-desktop-version-for-mobiles.2985/

Thanks for all the hard work!
I just use CTRL and the scroll wheel and much of the empty space disappears and things get easier to read.

And another vote for the classic red, but I quite like the current dark theme so just some red accents would be good if possible.

Last edited:

Viper007Bond

STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
BTW, just realize that you guys are talking to a visually impaired person who has trouble seeing colors and has washed out vision, so I'm going to need lots of help to actually make something that looks good. :p

For those who don't know, I had a reaction to a medication that killed off a bunch of neurons in my optic nerves giving me tons and tons of tiny little blind spots across my vision. I have to invert the colors of my screen a lot. For example I can't read anything in the light forum theme. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optic_neuropathy

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
The Ferrari one looks like a nice balance between muted and melt your eyes red, but would need to test them in text form on the background of the shade we use.

Viper007Bond

STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
Yes, color values are very helpful. Here's the interface I'm working with. First, you pick a general color palette:

Then you can pick some of the major colors, ideally using entries from the color palette so that changing the palette changes wide-ranging stuff:

But you can drill down and change a ton of individual elements too:

bone

"bangle for president"
DONOR
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
For those who don't know, I had a reaction to a medication that killed off a bunch of neurons in my optic nerves giving me tons and tons of tiny little blind spots across my vision. I have to invert the colors of my screen a lot. For example I can't read anything in the light forum theme. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optic_neuropathy
that must suck big time!
any chance on recovery?

Viper007Bond

STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
that must suck big time!
any chance on recovery?
No, the damage is permanent. I haven't driven since April and won't ever be able to at night. I can legally drive during the day depending on my comfort with the weather conditions.

Viper007Bond

STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
Phew. All custom titles have been successfully imported from vBulletin. 6 were cut off due to length.