Welcome to XenForo

Errr, another weird signature issue....

pc1boc4.png

Not sure if its my computer messing up the cache, but not sure why it would be substituting random images.....

As far as red theme, I thought I found one a while ago that seemed to have generally positive feedback.

I hesitate to use true custom themes as they have to be kept up to date. Since it's so easy to customize the colors of the default theme without changing any templates, I'd prefer to stick to that route. The current dark theme is just a color change for example.

That is a bug that others already noticed and reported.

BTW: Nice M5 Mike :p
A big update is due out for XenForo soon so hopefully that'll fix it.

XenForo seems to have issues searching for stuff that was posted pre-changeover...

It took a while but I've rebuilt the search cache.

Just perusing the list of custom Smilies it would appear that while some have survived the migration others have not.

At least we still have :spectre:

Added some extra information to the left under your usernames.

Are the custom user titles coming back eventually, too?

They were incorrectly imported during the move. They all ended up as "1".

If we care enough, then I can write a custom script to import them.

In the new posts list, clicking on the thread name leads to the first post, is there a way to jump to the first unread post quickly? Like the icon before the thread name used to do on old forum, which now links to user profile.

EDIT: The link on the thread name actually has /unread at the end of it, but it doesn't jump to the unread post :unsure:
EDIT2: The link should end with /unread?new=1 to work, it's missing the last bit

Last edited:
Works for me, but only for threads I already visited after the move to XenForo. That has been discussed here already.

@MXM, it does work. Upon the first visit to a thread on an old, imported thread, it might not work, but there is a "go to first unread" link at the top of the page then.
Go back in this thread for more details.

Haven't seen this mentioned yet, any chance the forum could be widened to full screen? Using a 1080 wide screen, theres a ton of empty space.

pMaI0dO.png

A1NhXtC.png

Also thanks for getting the subforums to show up on the main index page again! Though for some of the less used subforums can those be hidden.... namely that giant "Uncategorized" section at the bottom of the main index.

Lastly, I know there isn't a mobile theme since its a responsive page design, and I mean to sound like a broken record, but if at all possible, can we get something like this https://xenforo.com/community/resources/rellect-desktop-version-for-mobiles.2985/

Thanks for all the hard work!

I'm on 3440x1440 and the extra space isn't too bad. :p Really it's just to prevent the lines from getting REALLY long.

Cleanup of the homepage is underway and uncompleted: https://forums.finalgear.com/threads/forum-reorganization-and-cleanup.3555458/

Yes, the theme is responsive so there isn't really a redirect that can be done. Most mobile browsers have an option to render the desktop view though instead with tiny text you zoom in on. Try that, or you might check out the Tapatalk app.

I'm on 3440x1440 and the extra space isn't too bad. :p Really it's just to prevent the lines from getting REALLY long.

Cleanup of the homepage is underway and uncompleted: https://forums.finalgear.com/threads/forum-reorganization-and-cleanup.3555458/

Yes, the theme is responsive so there isn't really a redirect that can be done. Most mobile browsers have an option to render the desktop view though instead with tiny text you zoom in on. Try that, or you might check out the Tapatalk app.

iPhone Safari "request desktop site" doesn't do anything :( I'll give Tapatalk a try again, last time I used it years ago, it was about as simplified as the current mobile layout which is what I'm trying to get away from.

EDIT: Oh, two other relatively small things. Is it possible to have a bigger divider or some other visual division between normal threads and stickies? They all just blend in together right now. Also I think it would be more useful to have generic thread icons instead of avatars on the subforum indexes. Thanks.

EDIT2: Inline links in dark mode aren't obvious unless you mouseover them. An underline or a different font color would help. (the words "links in dark mode' are a link).

Last edited:
In the dark theme, it's very hard to tell what text is a link.

I feel like youtube's dark mode is a good place to start, colour and shade wise.

In the dark theme, it's very hard to tell what text is a link.

Color suggestions welcome. I'm not a front-end designer guy, lol.

zfIfn4L.png