Well, I won't be going to THAT country!

This is the best pic:

http://img205.imageshack.**/img205/4066/mg03666go.jpg

I'm not suprised it was forbidden to take a picture of a man having a piss, let him do it in peace for christs sake :lol:

I don't understnd what is being circled on this photo. Any ideas anyone?
clone.jpg

Wow, what an utterly fascinating, yet frightening place

A NK beach, electrified barbed-wire so the NK citiziens wouln't swim away

:shock: :unsure:

peter3hg2 - I think he's highlighting the bad photoshop work done by, presumably, the powers that be to cover up something they didn't like.

fbc said:
peter3hg2 - I think he's highlighting the bad photoshop work done by, presumably, the powers that be to cover up something they didn't like.
I think I really must be going blind. I can't see the bad photoshop job. I even put it on photoshop and zoomed in. I really need to start wearing my glasses again.

peter3hg2 said:
fbc said:
I think I really must be going blind. I can't see the bad photoshop job. I even put it on photoshop and zoomed in. I really need to start wearing my glasses again.

I would never have noticed it if it wasn't circled, but the top of fence / road / base of wall is smudged and misaligned (well, that's my guess at what we're supposed to be noticing...)

Creepy...

It reminds me of Half Life 2's City 17....blank roads...abandoned buildings..propoganda...sheltered lives :?

*edit*: lol someone said the same thing on those forums!

Gee wizz. What a desolate place.

Compare photos of Pyongyang to Seoul, so close yet a million miles apart...

peter3hg2 said:
I don't understnd what is being circled on this photo. Any ideas anyone?

In original russian version there's a lot more text, the one on the page is just a rough translation of commentaries to photos.

First there's a quote from latest issue of Korea magazine about how Americans dropped biological "bombs" on NK in late 50's over 700 times with infected fly's, spiders, mice's etc. Just to illustrate what kind of material the magazine publishes.

Then there's this picture and text says (more or less literal translation):

By the way, editing stuff of the "Korea" magazine now has a Photoshop and uses it to correct nonidealities of the reality - erasing people, drawing lawns, straightening out roads. But does it badly. Here, for example, unknown editor puts a bad light on the reputation of the country by leaving marks from a "clone stamp" tool.

That is frightening!

Even as a visitor I'd be all glad if I had left that place again - it seems to be so unreal, but just right now, you could take the same pictures and capture the same impressions again!

That really is a world away from ours! Imagine being put to death for saying something "unacceptable" about the country. It's a shame I take so much freedom for granted.

avanti said:
I would love to go to North Korea. A friend of mine has been there, he was shooting some sort of tv documentary.

Well he can be glad you didn't have to say "he was shot, doing some sort of tv documentary"...

It's a pity I don't speak russian since the original article really seems to be containing a lot more information!

My brother wants to move to South Korea....but that is because of the ultra high speed internet for practically nothing you can get over there.

I just keep telling him that high speed internet is great....if you are willing to put up with the constant threat of nuclear destruction. :p

There was a BBC documentary that I watched a couple of months ago called something like "Holidays in the Axis of Evil" where the guys went to each of the countries to show you what it is like for a "holiday".

Was really interesting, especially Iran and North Korea.

Janus said:
My brother wants to move to South Korea....but that is because of the ultra high speed internet for practically nothing you can get over there.

I just keep telling him that high speed internet is great....if you are willing to put up with the constant threat of nuclear destruction. :p

Nuclear threats aside, South Korea is a really beautiful country. Seoul really does have soul (shocking joke watto, shocking) and the whole country just looks gorgeous.