Well, I won't be going to THAT country!

I'm glad he mentioned the Ryugyong Hotel; that's probably the creepiest place on Earth.
_MG_0288.jpg

Big empty concrete shell that's freakishly tall and has been sitting there abandoned since the mid-90's. I bet there are headcrab zombies inside, too.

So ronery...

BlaRo said:
I'm glad he mentioned the Ryugyong Hotel; that's probably the creepiest place on Earth.
_MG_0288.jpg

Big empty concrete shell that's freakishly tall and has been sitting there abandoned since the mid-90's. I bet there are headcrab zombies inside, too.

So ronery...

:lol: I just can't see Kim Jong Il without thinking about Team America and that song...

Why did they abandon that hotel anyways? might of ben quite nice if it was finished. Sounds silly but I foud that article fasinating

vRS said:
Why did they abandon that hotel anyways? might of ben quite nice if it was finished. Sounds silly but I foud that article fasinating
They didn't even bother taking the crane off the top.

vRS said:

As some one here, or on that forum said, that wasn't even seriously going to be concidered a hotel from the begining. They just built it so, at the time, they would have the tallest hotel/building in the world.

No Boss said:
vRS said:

As some one here, or on that forum said, that wasn't even seriously going to be concidered a hotel from the begining. They just built it so, at the time, they would have the tallest hotel/building in the world.

I had also heard that they had to halt construction since the quality of the materials used was so poor that it was not safe for actual occupation, plus, who would occupy it, I don't foresee a huge mass of visitors to that country for a while.

This was posted in some IRC chan (our's perhaps?) a few days ago. Pretty crazy shit.

This is werid, i came across this exact page the other day. i dont konw how or why i stumbled across it. but catching up on old threads i havent read i come across a thread on it.

Anyway it woudl be interesting to go to, id like to do it sometime and id also like to buy that building just to screw around in a giant building.. sure might die but meh.