Well, My Luck Has Finally Run Out.

No Boss said:
bartboy9891 said:
once coming back from pennsylvania at 3 in the morning, there was NO ONE on the highway, literally NO ONE. i saw one car on the way back, and it had a flat and the guy just left it there. yet my dad never once strayed over the speed limit, and this was over course of like 2 or 3 hours :bangin:
if it was me, id atleast be going 45mph or 50mph over

What road in PA were you on?
no clue, its the first time ive been there i was just trying to fall asleep on the way. but i was seriously getting mad whenever i looked at the speedo, going 70 the whole way.

Overheat said:
speed limits are there for a reason - I can tolerate speeding on motorways, but on local roads, you should really obey them.
Agreed.

I think speed limits are there for a reason, but however, I believe they instead of having a limit, it should just be the recommended speed, the driver can drive at whatever speed they think is safe. I'm pretty sure although all of us like the adreneline of speed, none of us will zip in and out of traffic at double the speed limit... we will only do so when it is safe and we aren't risking anyones life

bartboy9891 said:
No Boss said:
bartboy9891 said:
once coming back from pennsylvania at 3 in the morning, there was NO ONE on the highway, literally NO ONE. i saw one car on the way back, and it had a flat and the guy just left it there. yet my dad never once strayed over the speed limit, and this was over course of like 2 or 3 hours :bangin:
if it was me, id atleast be going 45mph or 50mph over

What road in PA were you on?
no clue, its the first time ive been there i was just trying to fall asleep on the way. but i was seriously getting mad whenever i looked at the speedo, going 70 the whole way.

Yeah PA roads are quite boring late at night, especially at speed limit.

Re: Well, My Luck Has Finally Run Out.

flyingfridge said:
93km/h in a 60km/h zone.

Bugger.

$278.00, 4 Demerit Points and 1 month off.

Ouch.

You still on your P's mate? You realise we can only get 5 demerits points, fuck me, that's close.

Ah well, as of April 1 I'll be able to have the full 12 demerits :D

God you people are unbelievable. The tripleing thing has only been done on 2 occasions, 1 for 40 and 1 for 50 and on safe stretches of road where no-one other than myself is in danger. Unbelievable. There is speeding recklessly, and carefully calculating what you are about to do so you can get the thrills without the kills.

Speed limits are there for a reason agreed, and in traffic or when any other cars are around yes, they're valid. But puh-lease. Tell me you have never sat on 10-20 over the limit when there's no one else around. I mean literally no-one else. Even the lone tumbleweed from the cliche had departed hours before. Or is it past your bedtime by then?

Well, you have my sympathies. From what I read the Victorian police are at least as bad as their NSW counterparts when it comes to punitive enforcement of stupid speed limits.

flyingfridge said:
I'll be driving my feet for the next month anyway.

Look at it on the bright side: at least you'll be fitter from walking ... and just imagine how good that first drive is going to feel.

Lurch0001 said:
Well, you have my sympathies. From what I read the Victorian police are at least as bad as their NSW counterparts when it comes to punitive enforcement of stupid speed limits.

Yep. Bullshit 3km/h "tolerance"... If they were all about tolerance they'd recognise the ADR that says car manufacturers can have a 10% error in speedo's of cars.... 60km/h, 66km/h. 100km/h, 110km/h... simple as that, much better than fucking 3km/h!

flyingfridge said:
They finally got me.

Barstards.

93km/h in a 60km/h zone.

Bugger.

Ouch.

Got to be willing to pay the price if you're going to play the game. :)

I speed all the time and get pulled over about once every 18 months or so.
I'm not happy when it happens but I drive to the nearest ATM, pay the fine and forget about it.
So long as the points don't add up, I'm alright. :driving:

Unfortunately my father is a Cop, so whatever I would do...or could still do..will come back with a fist in my face. Hence no speeding tickets in on my driving record.

Yes..I have gone much over the speed limit...but I did get my licsense in Montana. But here in Cali on base..well we are f**ked if we speed on base. $95 for going 5mph over. And, it is 30km from the start of the base to my house on a flat lakebed road...temptation is always there.

My neighbor got in trouble for doing 85mph in a 60mph zone (137km/h in a 95 km/h zone). Got his liscense revoked for 6 months, and a $170 ticket. Got what was coming to him.

Can't be irresponsible.

Well i've just learned that my suspension doesn't come into effect until April. Which is nice.

I KNEW this was about speeding right when I read the title.

Sucks, huh? I've sped by many many a cops doing 20 mph or more, over.. they've never been able to do anything about it really. Until one day I got pulled over twice. One for speeding, which sucked because I wasn't even trying to speed. I was just driving normally. NOBODY else on the road. Perfect visibility, everything. Some cops are just dicks. Then some guy slams on his brakes on the highway and i have to slam onto mine, we pass a cop and the cop tickets me for following too closely. Bastard.

Still fighting the following too closely one, actually. I don't believe I deserve it

come to Adelaide and i will show you where the cop let you go as fast as you want....if you have the correct car that is :lol:

flyingfridge said:
Well i've just learned that my suspension doesn't come into effect until April. Which is nice.

Can someone explain how the hell that works? Surely if you're going to be suspended then you should be suspended immediately, not in a few weeks time. Talk about stupid rules .... some idiot bureacrat has outdone himself there...

Lurch0001 said:
flyingfridge said:

Can someone explain how the hell that works? Surely if you're going to be suspended then you should be suspended immediately, not in a few weeks time. Talk about stupid rules .... some idiot bureacrat has outdone himself there...

Agreed.

andyhui01 said:
I think speed limits are there for a reason, but however, I believe they instead of having a limit, it should just be the recommended speed, the driver can drive at whatever speed they think is safe.

Disagreed.

Good ridence I say. I have very little tollerance for people who speed and endanger innocent people.

I know several people who have been killed or lost family members because some asshole young guy is in his cheap plastic Japanesse car with a large engine doing, lets say, three times the speed limit, makes a mistake for one second and ends up killing people.

All because the are so pathetic and irresponsible to think that the rules are there for a reason and that they are God's gift to driving! :x

STi Nut said:
come to Adelaide and i will show you where the cop let you go as fast as you want....if you have the correct car that is

And whilst my example was about young people in Japanesse cars it is equally to people in more expensive cars. It is just that usually the cost of the car limits its availablity to the people.

It is equally as bad to see young people, usually P platers, that have borrowed their parents car and think this lets them drive faster and better.

On a side note, I get so pissed off when I am driving Merc, Bentley etc. and some tool in his 80's Skyline or shitbox Commodore pulls up at the lights and revs to try and make you race them.

A) I'm not stupid enough to endanger myself, other people and my car doing such stupid things.
B) I already know that if I wanted to I could put my down and blow them away.

I think people just need to grow up and use a brain...and it is pretty sad when a 21 year old is telling you that. :roll:

Janus said:
Good ridence I say. I have very little tollerance for people who speed and endanger innocent people.

I know several people who have been killed or lost family members because some asshole young guy is in his cheap plastic Japanesse car with a large engine doing, lets say, three times the speed limit, makes a mistake for one second and ends up killing people.

All because the are so pathetic and irresponsible to think that the rules are there for a reason and that they are God's gift to driving! :x

Yep, my sister was making a left and got nailed in the side by some jerk-off who came up over a hill behind her and couldn't slow down in time, so he tried to pass her in a "no passing" zone because he said he didn't realize she was getting ready to turn :x If he had been driving the speed limit he would've had plenty of time to slow down.....she almost died because of it.

flyingfridge said:
93km/h in a 60km/h zone.

Bugger.

Ouch.
Bugger indeed. You've been owned.

I do agree they could be doing better things at that hour. They haven't gotten gang crime totally under control in Melbourne have they? Damn 'roaches..

But why were you doing 93 in a 60 zone? During the day, drifting up to about 70-73 in that same zone is okay (and we've all done it) and at night like when you were driving, maybe 80 tops, but 93 is just pushing it man. Just my opinion...

flyingfridge said:
But I still can't help but see the funny side. For the last 3 years I've driven nowhere slowly, shattered the speed limit on many many occasions. Great Ocean Rd, etc... My big goal is to triple every speed limit in Australia. 40km/h and 50km/h have been done.
Thats not cool. I mean anyone can triple their speed in a 40 zone (school zone) but seriously try to remember how kids aren't skilled in crossing roads. I had a scary moment myself when a kid ran across the road to get to his school. Had to take evasive action and it was over a friggin speed bump of all things!

Anyway 'Fridge you rebel, public transport for you hahahaha

Janus said:

STi Nut said:
come to Adelaide and i will show you where the cop let you go as fast as you want....if you have the correct car that is

And whilst my example was about young people in Japanesse cars it is equally to people in more expensive cars. It is just that usually the cost of the car limits its availablity to the people.

It is equally as bad to see young people, usually P platers, that have borrowed their parents car and think this lets them drive faster and better.

On a side note, I get so pissed off when I am driving Merc, Bentley etc. and some tool in his 80's Skyline or shitbox Commodore pulls up at the lights and revs to try and make you race them.

A) I'm not stupid enough to endanger myself, other people and my car doing such stupid things.
B) I already know that if I wanted to I could put my down and blow them away.

I think people just need to grow up and use a brain...and it is pretty sad when a 21 year old is telling you that. :roll:

In short: Pwned! Have fun taking the bus!

jeffy777 said:
Lurch0001 said:
flyingfridge said:

Agreed.

andyhui01 said:
I think speed limits are there for a reason, but however, I believe they instead of having a limit, it should just be the recommended speed, the driver can drive at whatever speed they think is safe.

Disagreed.

Please explain why? I'm pretty sure both you and I know we would never drive at 120mph in a area with no speed limit if everyone is driving, say 80mph? A state with no speedlimits does not nessasarily mean greater accidents. (unless it is in a land full of rice boxes and crazy kids), but aren't we all responsible enough to know the limits? I can garuntee that every time you guys went over the limit, it was well safe and it wasn't wreckless, it was just driving abit quicker because there is no one and maybe just want to have a slight adreneline at going 160 in a 100 zone