Well, My Luck Has Finally Run Out.

flyingfridge

Car(s)
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec, VW Passat 118TSI
They finally got me.

Barstards.

93km/h in a 60km/h zone.

Bugger.

$278.00, 4 Demerit Points and 1 month off.

Ouch.

But I still can't help but see the funny side. For the last 3 years I've driven nowhere slowly, shattered the speed limit on many many occasions. Great Ocean Rd, etc... My big goal is to triple every speed limit in Australia. 40km/h and 50km/h have been done.

For the Melbournians, it was on the 60km/h section of Hoddle St between the Eastern Freeway and Clifton Hill. 2:01 am the Ticket says. Gah. So the wrong time to be caught speeding. The Police should have better things to do. Like prevent the stabbings that seem to kepp happening in Melbourne of late. I'll be driving my feet for the next month anyway.

speed limits are there for a reason - I can tolerate speeding on motorways, but on local roads, you should really obey them.

Re: Well, My Luck Has Finally Run Out.

flyingfridge said:
My big goal is to triple every speed limit in Australia. 40km/h and 50km/h have been done.

How thoughtful and responsible of you. :roll:

^^ only at thoughtful and responsible times of day. on roads where it is safe to do so.

Overheat said:
speed limits are there for a reason - I can tolerate speeding on motorways, but on local roads, you should really obey them.

when it's 2:01 am, and the only car on the road is you, and it's a 2 lane divided road, it's really not unsafe.

Pft... On his avatar "Honda Prelude Si 4WS" :bangin:

And speed limits... Here in hungary they are all bullshit! Nothing is for a reason. There is only one reason: they can make you pay. If there is a road construction, they put a 30km/h sign out. Than when the construction is over, thyes LEAVE IT THERE!!! :bangin:
30km/h in front of a corner you can take with like ~ 100km/h, without a tire squick... So its bullshit.

No Boss said:
speed limits....pfff, speed suggestions if you ask me.
Just reminded me of a quote from Homer Simpson: "Speed limits are a suggestion, Marge, just like pants."

flyingfridge said:
They finally got me.

Barstards.

93km/h in a 60km/h zone.

Bugger.

$278.00, 4 Demerit Points and 1 month off.

Ouch.

But I still can't help but see the funny side. For the last 3 years I've driven nowhere slowly, shattered the speed limit on many many occasions. Great Ocean Rd, etc... My big goal is to triple every speed limit in Australia. 40km/h and 50km/h have been done.

For the Melbournians, it was on the 60km/h section of Hoddle St between the Eastern Freeway and Clifton Hill. 2:01 am the Ticket says. Gah. So the wrong time to be caught speeding. The Police should have better things to do. Like prevent the stabbings that seem to kepp happening in Melbourne of late. I'll be driving my feet for the next month anyway.

You are an idiot. Obviously some of those old Australian criminal genes
has survived and reincarnated with you. Tripling 50km/h is probably
risky as that speed limit is mostly found in populated areas. What are
you trying to achieve? I mean, I speed on ocassion as well, or, quite
often actually. But this game of yours is just idiotic.

flyingfridge said:
when it's 2:01 am, and the only car on the road is you, and it's a 2 lane divided road, it's really not unsafe.

Yes, it is. Even if no one else is on the road you are putting yourself in pointless risk. You dying on the road is far from cheap to the government.

Having said that I do enjoy driving at speed myself, HOWEVER should I ever actually get caught you will NEVER EVER hear me bitch about it because I knew full and well what I was doing and what the consequences of being caught would be.

Lol... that was stupid

hanasand said:
You are an idiot. Obviously some of those old Australian criminal genes
has survived and reincarnated with you.

wow....what ironclad balls this guy has. haha

It's true, though. I don't observe a speed limit if i think it's irrelevant at the time. Going out with the intention of trebling a speed limit wether the limit is relevant or not is moronic. I just hope the guy crashes and kills himself before he can crash into someone else and take them out with him.

i got 2 tickets... one for 67 mph in a 35 and one for 87 in a 65. ill admit thaty i earned the 67 but the 87 was on the turnpike when i was just keeping up with traffic(well maybe a little faster but not much at all)

once coming back from pennsylvania at 3 in the morning, there was NO ONE on the highway, literally NO ONE. i saw one car on the way back, and it had a flat and the guy just left it there. yet my dad never once strayed over the speed limit, and this was over course of like 2 or 3 hours :bangin:
if it was me, id atleast be going 45mph or 50mph over

patrick10 said:
...was on the turnpike when i was just keeping up with traffic(well maybe a little faster but not much at all)

Alright, I'll eat some of my words immediately here. If I were ever fined for driving over the speed limit whilst still going "with the flow of traffic" (and I do this quite a bit, everybody speeding on the left lane in a nice que and the traffic goes on smoothly) I would Bitch and whail like a baby!

bartboy9891 said:
once coming back from pennsylvania at 3 in the morning, there was NO ONE on the highway, literally NO ONE. i saw one car on the way back, and it had a flat and the guy just left it there. yet my dad never once strayed over the speed limit, and this was over course of like 2 or 3 hours :bangin:
if it was me, id atleast be going 45mph or 50mph over

What road in PA were you on?