Well, today New York City is officially paralyzed.

zeoniks

Car(s)
2007 Nissan Murano

SL65

Ambitious but rubbish!
Car(s)
1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
...and at the worst time of the year! :eek:

This might be a silly-ish question but won't that affect the local and even beyond market?

Oh well what a shame you can't go to school :p Shouldn't you be on holidays by now! I'v been on holz since the 6th 8)

pdanev

Forum Addict
^ Pff, lucky bastard. I have exams on 21st 22nd and 23rd, then 24th late afternoon i'll be hopefully at home. And it won't be a long stay, my flight back is on January 5th, because I have one more exam afterwards. <_<

Lilleput

Car(s)
Ford S-Max Titanium - 268hp
My holiday started 45min ago! so now im going to do what all the other smucks do and rush out and buy all the christmas presents i still havent bought.

hokiethang

Car(s)
2007 Durango
Lilleput said:
My holiday started 45min ago! so now im going to do what all the other smucks do and rush out and buy all the christmas presents i still havent bought.

Heh, mine officially started at 4pm last Friday, and continues until the 1st of February :-D

But back on topic.

Mischief007

Car(s)
1995 Chevy Camaro Z28, 04 VW Jetta GLS
Sometimes people complain that they have it too good while others who don't have unions don't have the luxury or walking out. Seriously, the difference is less than 3%. Is it really going to impact them so much??? 3% raise is sweet to get every year. My mom's last raise was a quarter an hour more and that was the first raise in like 4 years.

Unions should be killed. They are bringing down everything.

chaos386

.sa = bad driver!
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR
SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:

This might be a silly-ish question but won't that affect the local and even beyond market?

Oh well what a shame you can't go to school :p Shouldn't you be on holidays by now! I'v been on holz since the 6th 8)
Hey, when do you Aussies get your long break between school years? Is it during the June-August months, or is it during your summertime down-under? Like around the December-February months?

BlaRo

Little Nudger
Car(s)
Moto Guzzi V7 Special, Saab 900 Turbo
^ Where the hell is everybody? At home?

Jeez, I'm surprised there hasn't been mass rioting yet...has there?

logo

same here.. they threatened by striking.. but they did not, but there is still a chance that they'll strike again, those fucks.. they're demanding too much for what they do.

bone

"bangle for president"
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
Mischief007 said:

HELL YEAH!!! i hate those fags, the only thing they do is complain and running companies who have nothing do with the cause in debt

logo

and they work like sissies.. it takes union workers forever to finish a half ass job.

monkeymax

Car(s)
Toyota MR2 Mk1, Toyota MR2 Mk1 SC, Peugeot 309
Amazing. Happens so often here in London that Londoners now just seem to take it in their stride (although granted, it does leave 99% of them in an even worse mood which isn't great given they're always in a bad mood anyway).

It does annoy me though. Particularly as I once made plans for an entire day in London, and then found out that the tube workers were going on strike... :censored: Ruined my plans. At least we get some notice I guess.

But don't you have alternative means of transport - like buses? Amazing how much something like this cripples a city...

Also amazing it's illegal to do this over there - not so over here...

watto

Unloved and lacking a title
Car(s)
2013 Holden Cruze SRi Series 2
chaos386 said:

Hey, when do you Aussies get your long break between school years? Is it during the June-August months, or is it during your summertime down-under? Like around the December-February months?

November to March (for me anyways being a Uni student) school kids get December to February... So yes, our summer time over christmas. Time to go to the beach, have a perve, a swim, beer, BBQ and all that typical summer stuff 8)

p0w3r

Car(s)
2010 Acura TSX
monkeymax said:
Amazing. Happens so often here in London that Londoners now just seem to take it in their stride (although granted, it does leave 99% of them in an even worse mood which isn't great given they're always in a bad mood anyway).

It does annoy me though. Particularly as I once made plans for an entire day in London, and then found out that the tube workers were going on strike... :censored: Ruined my plans. At least we get some notice I guess.

But don't you have alternative means of transport - like buses? Amazing how much something like this cripples a city...

Also amazing it's illegal to do this over there - not so over here...
its illegal to strike on public jobs...so those that worked for the private bus companies wont be fined.

So far all buses and subways are on strike. However, some trains like the Metro North are not on strike.

BerserkerCatSplat

Hormone Induced
Car(s)
The Jeep of Theseus, Angry Wagon
Good on the judges for imposing the fines, down with unions! Unions have beeen outdated since the 60's and are ruining the North American economy.

SL65

Ambitious but rubbish!
Car(s)
1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
watto said:
chaos386 said:

November to March (for me anyways being a Uni student) school kids get December to February... So yes, our summer time over christmas. Time to go to the beach, have a perve, a swim, beer, BBQ and all that typical summer stuff 8)
...but only when the police say it is ok to go to the beach <_<

My hols are from Dec 6 to Jan 31 (my b-day!!).

watto

Unloved and lacking a title
Car(s)
2013 Holden Cruze SRi Series 2
...but only when the police say it is ok to go to the beach <_<

hehehe, sucks to be in Sydney!

bihus

Car(s)
BMW 330Cd
bone said:
Mischief007 said:

HELL YEAH!!! i hate those fags, the only thing they do is complain and running companies who have nothing do with the cause in debt

VW's factory here in Portugal is probably going to end, because people is complaining about big raises, and VW isn't willing to do that. Well, if you could move to the new EU countries, with lower salaries and big incentives to big companies, would you be willing to raise salaries even more? Stupid unions. They only complain about rights, without talking about their duties, too.