WET PAPER BAG CHEF: Special ingredient, STUFFING!

MattD1zzl3

2 Slow 2 Noisy
Car(s)
1996 & 2003 Mazda Miatas, 1995 Chevy Camaro Z28
ironchef.jpg

Hello all and welcome to this weeks edition of the wet paper bag chief, this will be the third time i have ever attempted to weild a kitchen to create something, hopefully this time i will do a better job, my "Bananna pancakes with fingertips and a blood glaze" didnt work out so well last time, and i've been charged with preparing dinner tonight.

I asked the girlfriend what she wanted, and the oddest thing popped out of her mouth: Stuffing.

Yes stuffing, the stuff you use to soak up all the salmenela juices on thanksgiving and make your turkey super dry, I need to find some way of incorperating that into a meal. Bonus points of it doesnt involve turkey or any other thanksgiving staple foods. Ideally this would be prepared in under an hour Do you guys have any good meal suggestions that might involve stuffing? I was thinking stuffed red peppers with spicy stuffing. Thoughts?

The simpler the better, and a link to a recipe i could follow would be icing on the cake, google was no help. Im trying to learn how to cook good food for myself guys, please sympathize!

And boom goes the dynamite

EASY BAKED PORK CHOPS WITH STUFFING

6 lean pork chops (may use 4 or 5)
1 box Stove Top pork stuffing mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup

Line 13 x 9 inch pan with aluminum foil on bottom and sides. Heat oven to 300 degrees. Make stuffing according to directions on box. Brown pork chops and arrange in bottom of pan.

Top each pork chop with equally divided dressing. Spoon undiluted soup on top of dressing and chops.

Cover pan completely with foil and seal edges. Bake at 300 degrees for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.

Brainstorm: Stuffed red peppers with stuffing instead of meat stuffing, make spicy with spices and bits of real pepper in the stuffing, serve with mixed veggies and butter and some beer :) (Vegan meal woot, im not even vegitarian but why not)

Thats what im going with unless you guys think of something. 2 and a half hours is too long i need to whip something up a little quicker than that. i know it wont be done in 20 minutes, but damn 3 hours is a while.

Last edited:
Stuffed mushrooms:

Mushrooms, remove the stems.
Make stuffing with the cut-up mushroom stems
Put stuffing in muchroom caps, top with toasted almond slivers
bake

I don't have any more specific information on the recipe...a family member makes it whenever we get together

Also, baked chicken with stuffing:
http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/stove-top-easy-chicken-76203.aspx

1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
1/3 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed, drained

Heat oven to 400?F.

Make stuffing as directed on package.

Mix remaining ingredients in 13x9-inch baking dish; top with stuffing.

Bake 30-40 min. or until chicken is done.

Last edited:
What the hell is "salmenela"?

In the south stuffing is a fairly standard side dish with any method of poultry preparation. So you could roast chicken your favorite way and have a spoon of stuffing on the side (although you'd probably call it "dressing").

Born in new york, raised in Cleveland, ohio. Its stuffing, and its "Pop", not "Sow-Duh"

*cross arms avatar i wish we had*

Hmm...it's not "sow-duh" either. It's more like "sew'-dah" or "soe-dah."

But I also call it stuffing. *shrugs*

/me shakes head and clucks tongue

You're both wrong. It's coke, with a lower case c. Very different from Coke which is a sweetened cola beverage.

Ah, salmonella makes sense. :lol: Since you talked about "juices", I thought it should be something else, not a bacteria. :mrgreen:

I'm attempting the overbaked pork, can anyone offer some insight into the 2 hours at 300 fiasco? You've got about 45 minutes to save my dinner :) (I'm an inexperianced cook) otherwise I'm jst gonna follow the recipe and hope for the best

It looks like the cream soup is supposed to keep the pork moist, two hours seems a tad long, but shouldn't matter that much I don't think. General rule pork should be cooked to 160?. Looks like a pretty no brainer recipe.

I'm attempting the overbaked pork, can anyone offer some insight into the 2 hours at 300 fiasco? You've got about 45 minutes to save my dinner :) (I'm an inexperianced cook) otherwise I'm jst gonna follow the recipe and hope for the best

If you cook lean meat in the oven for 2 hours at high temperature it's gonna taste like this:

kitchen_table.jpg

It tasted amazing, pics this afternoon. Thanks guys!

(2 hours 10 minutes and it was just barely 160 degrees. Tasted tender and amazing. Something about the stuffing and keeping it sealed in tin foil kept it very moist, and i got a blowjob out of the deal. THANKS INTERNET!)

It tasted amazing, pics this afternoon. Thanks guys!

(2 hours 10 minutes and it was just barely 160 degrees. Tasted tender and amazing. Something about the stuffing and keeping it sealed in tin foil kept it very moist, and i got a blowjob out of the deal. THANKS INTERNET!)

Just pictures of the food please. :-o :p