We've lost a Finn. R.I.P. Thujalvi/Jussi Kontusalmi

DaBoom

Worlds fastest Amish
Car(s)
Various BMWs, a Swift cabrio, Benelli TreK
As people who've met me know, I'm not really a man of many words. But as I'm rather active at making Finnish FG meets happen, I have contact info for most people that have attended meets.

Well, today while at work I got a call from his mother, informing me that Jussi, or probably better known to most as Thujalvi, has died. The reason isn?t certain yet, but low blood sugar, resulting in insulin coma is suspected. I was so stumped I didn?t really know what to say or ask, nor did I feel pressing a clearly grieving mother with random questions. I will provide more info later, when things unfold.

_MG_8977.jpg

Last edited:
Having met Jussi during Ringmeets and Finnmeets, I am really sorry to get these news, 25 is no age to go. He was a core part of our lovely group of idiots and will be dearly missed.
He was a true Finn, a man of few, but loud words, a fanatic about all things BMW, Sauna and beer and definitely will forever keep the award "best beard at ringmeet".
Jussi, you will be missed! I will have a beer on you tonight!

That's sad news. :( My condolences to his family and friends - and well, to ourselves here at FG, as far that doesn't overlap with "friends" anyway.

I shall remember him as the live incarnation of the "Finn as such" from Ringmeet. And that's a compliment. :)

Awful news. From the very brief time I spent in his company, and his participation on the forum, he seemed like a great guy. 25 is far too fucking young.

Regardless of the cause 25 is no age to go. I knew him all too briefly and he was a real character. He will be sorely missed online here and more critically in person at Ringmeet where I hope everyone will join me in a moment's silence in his memory followed by a toast before the awards ceremony.

RIP Jussi, it is an honour to have known you. :cheers:

I never met him in real life, only via IRC. Still, it's a damn shame and 25 is way too young. :(

RIP.

RIP

It's always crushing to hear about someone passing, even if you didn't know them well. Terrible news.

RIP Jussi

Damn. :(
I met him on Ringmeet 2014 and sadly we only exchanged a few words, but I'll miss seeing him again.
He left a lasting impression on me, and went away way to soon. :|
Farewell, and may you rebuild many BMWs wherever you are now.

Also, we should name the "Best Ringmeet Beard award" in his honor.

I did not know him, but a loss is always a sad thing when it comes to a life.

may he drink with the warriors of valhalla.

It's always crushing to hear about someone passing, even if you didn't know them well. Terrible news.

RIP Jussi
Indeed, 25 is way too young. :( He will be missed. RIP Jussi.

Terrible news, RIP Jussi.

I had the pleasure of meeting him on 2013 and 2014 Ringmeets and got to ride with him in Dave's Saab on the way back from the restaurant.