We've lost a Finn. R.I.P. Thujalvi/Jussi Kontusalmi

Well dang. May his memory be a blessing.

Oh man. Never got the honor to meet him, but it always touches deep when you hear news like this :( My deepest condolences to his family and friends. Rest in peace.

Met the man a few times, very sorry to hear this. :( My condolences to his nearest and dearest.

RIP.

Even though I haven't seen in person, I'm truly sorry for your loss. It is always unfortunate when somebody passes away and shocking when it's without a warning.
I wish all the strength to his family and friends. Even though I've been in your position it's difficult to say anything that is really soothing, but I hope you can find comfort in the memories he left behind.

May he rest in peace.

I just saw the news on IRC...

I didn't know him outside of #gear, but he'll still be missed. My thoughts are with his family. Adios man.

My CEO is walking the Camino Porteguese currently to raise money for charity. I hope nobody minds but I've asked him when he gets the opportunity to light a candle in Jussi's memory.

It's also customary to place stones in memoriam.....

Matthew from work had asked me to place a stone in memory of his friend Jussi Kontusalmi who died at a very young age, we picked a spot with a lovely view across a vineyard overlooked by mountains in the background, I placed the stone said a few words and had a moments silence, then moved on.

blogger-image--571028929.jpg

blogger-image-1919847540.jpg

Last edited:
Hello, fine Final Gear folk. I am Jussi's brother, Joni. I have come here to deliver a message from Jussi's mother:

"Thank you all for your condolences and kind words. It has been wonderful to see that Jussi had so many friends all across the globe. When you next gather for a Ringmeet, I would like to ask that you raise your glasses in his memory. Thujalvi will always be there in spirit.

- Thujalvi's mother"

I would also like to say a big thank you to all of you here. It really means a lot.

Last edited:
Joni, I'm sure I can speak for everyone when I say you are always welcome here, and if you are taking over the Sturmwagen project, then we'd all love to continue following its progress.

Joni, I'm sure I can speak for everyone when I say you are always welcome here, and if you are taking over the Sturmwagen project, then we'd all love to continue following its progress.

Thanks, mate. As for the Sturmwagen, I personally probably won't be taking over the project, but I would guess that someone will. Like DaBoom said, no fears of the car getting scrapped or anything.

Hello, fine Final Gear folk. I am Jussi's brother, Joni. I have come here to deliver a message from Jussi's mother:

"Thank you all for your condolences and kind words. It has been wonderful to see that Jussi had so many friends all across the globe. When you next gather for a Ringmeet, I would like to ask that you raise your glasses in his memory. Thujalvi will always be there in spirit.

- Thujalvi's mother"

I would also like to say a big thank you to all of you here. It really means a lot.

We will most definitely do that.

Perhaps one of the Finns will be able to bring something more suitable from Finland to toast with?

The long road trip people will be stopping by Jussi's grave prior to setting off.

- Thujalvi's mother"

Thank you for popping in here to say hi! Rest assured, we will be raising our glasses for Jussi at ringmeet!

Perhaps one of the Finns will be able to bring something more suitable from Finland to toast with?

Yes, this would be great!

As far as I know, we will have an award in his honor, no?

I suggest that once everyone has drinks at the restaurant on the Saturday evening that we stand and observe a moment of silence in his memory before we raise a glass together in his honour. Being a bit more formal than the tents it would seem a fitting venue for a more sombre and respectful tribute.

And of of course it would be most fitting for DaBoom to lead the proceedings and the toast.

You must spread some obits around before giving it to MWF again...

Got you covered.

I suggest that once everyone has drinks at the restaurant on the Saturday evening that we stand and observe a moment of silence in his memory before we raise a glass together in his honour. Being a bit more formal than the tents it would seem a fitting venue for a more sombre and respectful tribute.

And of of course it would be most fitting for DaBoom to lead the proceedings and the toast.

Seconded.

Here are some pictures from the Jussi's ?Commemoration?, bigger pics in a dropbox if someone wants to dl them.