Whale wars: Watch Eco-pussies attack japanese whalers, and fail hilariously

the IWC says that lethal means are needed to collect that information. Why do we need that information to begin with? Oh right, to justify killing whales.

So we agree then.

You know, I would post the video, but since the employee feared for his safety and wanted his face and voice altered you wouldn't accept it. Hell, you probably would reject it as faked unless he was up there with pay stubs, birth certificate and passport.

Pretty much. Watson faked being shot.

Post the video you say we've all seen that shows entire pods of 4-6 whales being killed or GTFO. Have some honour.

I don't think he said "kill(ed) the entire pod", I think what he said was decimate, and if they take 2 whales from a pod of 2, that is decimated. If they take 2 or 3 from a pod of 4, that qualifies too.

I think you living in Tokyo has colored your perception on this subject and you have fallen for the propaganda that the Japanese use to warrant the hunts. The Inuits use small craft and their wits to hunt the whales. The Japanese "scientific ships" use a bunch of technology to do it. I have no respect, and see no honor in the way the Japanese "hunt" whales.

Today they ... kill entire pods of whales.

... not mass killings of entire pods

I don't think he said "kill(ed) the entire pod", I think what he said was decimate, and if they take 2 whales from a pod of 2, that is decimated. If they take 2 or 3 from a pod of 4, that qualifies too.

He didn't say decimate. It's there in B&W. I even said he was right and that "entire pods" are killed if a pod is considered 1-3 whales - citing 5 sources including the Australian government showing average "pod" size between 1-3 but that wasn't good enough.

That's just one of the lies, told in his first post and repeated in the last few pages. I can pick another one if you like.

Last edited:
As I recall they were on camera last season chasing down a group of about 5 whales until they got the last one.

And since you admit that this "research" is a front for commercial whaling, why wouldn't they wipe out a whole group? If they are taking juveniles they clearly aren't interested in sustaining the population.

As I recall they were on camera last season chasing down a group of about 5 whales until they got the last one.

Post it.

I can prove you wrong right now, but it's time you backed up your shit. Don't make me write another list!

And since you admit that this "research" is a front for commercial whaling

Don't put words in my mouth. I never admitted as such, you're getting desperate.

why wouldn't they wipe out a whole group?

I could tell you but I'm still waiting for this elusive video we've all supposedly seen. Stop dribbling, post the video.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with taking an "entire" pod of 4-6 whales. IMO it's better than taking half.

According to the ICR one of the prop foulers finally worked.
They gave a mayday but the SS kept attacking.
They said, "fuck this shit" and went home.

The G and two zodiac boats sent from the BB repeatedly approached the YS3 and deployed multiple wire ropes (propeller foulers) in front of the YS3 course and threw multiple projectiles. At about 0910JST at least two of the wire ropes entangled in the YS3?s propeller.

At 0928JST the YS3 sent a Mayday signal. The attack continued for a number of hours despite the mayday call. No attempt was made by the SS vessels to assist.

If I recall correctly, the goal of the SS is to put an end to all whaling so they are far from achieving that goal yet. In fact, it would be somewhat amusing if Japan withdrew from the IWC and started commercial whaling - the SS would then be responsible for the resumption of whaling. Far-fetched, I know.

This issue is not about whaling, but about the safety and violent activities at Sea.

The Dutch and Australian Governments could not stop violent activities of the SSCS while they register SSCS vessels under their flags.

Also today, the Australian and New Zealand Governments officially welcomed the decision by the Government of Japan to withdraw the JARPAII research vessels for this season without condemning the extremely dangerous activities of the SSCS.

In this regard, the ICR cannot help deeming with regret that these countries are encouraging so-called ?eco-terrorism?, by their actions of condoning illegal activities of the SSCS and of welcoming the results of such activities.

Once more again we request that Australia, New Zealand, the Netherlands behave earnestly and according to their obligations as members of the international society and fulfill their duties under international law to deal with the SSCS criminal actions in a strict and objective manner.

I think you living in Tokyo has colored your perception on this subject and you have fallen for the propaganda that the Japanese use to warrant the hunts.

I love it! Thanks for the insight, keep it coming.

I lived in Australia where the issue is constantly in the news, presented in a completely biased and often dishonest way to a country where I don't watch the news and even if I did I wouldn't see much at all about whaling, yet I'm somehow now falling for propaganda. lulz.

I love the irony of your sig BTW.

"Prohibition ? goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded."-Abraham Lincoln

The whaling ban was put in place to help the whales recover. The Drug War is far different than whaling. I would not be against it if they went out in little boats and the whales had half a chance.

The whaling ban was put in place to help the whales recover. The Drug War is far different than whaling. I would not be against it if they went out in little boats and the whales had half a chance.

Half a chance of what?

You should see what they call a dolphin "hunt".

So you're all for personal freedom so long it isn't Japanese people carrying on with thousands year old traditions in their own country. Fantastic.

I would not be against it if they went out in little boats and the whales had half a chance.

Hilarious.

What's this obsession with little boats? No boat needed, and speaking of rifles...

[video=youtube;g7NjYR-y_pI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7NjYR-y_pI[/video]

[video=youtube;uHh-PszQV5A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHh-PszQV5A&feature=related[/video]

Don't you have a video to look for?

Or the new evidence that swung your opinion on so-called "aboriginal subsistence" whaling yet again?

It takes more skill to shoot a Minke going flat out from the bow of a ship going flat out on the open sea over a long distance than shooting a whale as it pops up a few metres away while standing on stable ice.

Its perception. The public perception in Europe and North America has changed.

If I recall correctly, the goal of the SS is to put an end to all whaling so they are far from achieving that goal yet. In fact, it would be somewhat amusing if Japan withdrew from the IWC and started commercial whaling - the SS would then be responsible for the resumption of whaling. Far-fetched, I know.
Or, do what Norway did in 1993; We simply objected to the 1986 moratorium on commercial whaling, and resumed commercial whaling of minke whale within our territorial waters. Watson & Co tried to stop us, but he chickened out when the coast guard fired a couple of warning shots in his direction.

Don't you have a video to look for?

Or the new evidence that swung your opinion on so-called "aboriginal subsistence" whaling yet again?

It takes more skill to shoot a Minke going flat out from the bow of a ship going flat out on the open sea over a long distance than shooting a whale as it pops up a few metres away while standing on stable ice.

Nope.

I'm tired of trying to argue with someone who cites photo-ops from the whalers as proof of anything. You continue to ask for video evidence. When I said that I didn't post a video about the corruption within the whaling industry because the person being interviewed was filmed in silhouette and had his voice disguised, because I knew that you would reject it and call it faked. When I pointed this out in here you agreed and said you would not have accepted it as proof of corruption.

Your only goal here is to troll and you have now taken your fight to the Animated Gifs thread and I'm sure you will take it to other parts of the forum. You reject logical conclusions and reasonable premises because you don't have video from an independent source, you reject any argument from any anti-whaling or environmental group as being politically motivated yet you feel free to quote press releases, staged photo-ops, and executives from the companies that exists because of whaling. You apparently don't see the double-standard in this.

I'm done playing your game. Now go troll somewhere else.

So you're all for personal freedom so long it isn't Japanese people carrying on with thousands year old traditions in their own country. Fantastic.

Hilarious.

What's this obsession with little boats? No boat needed, and speaking of rifles...

[video=youtube;g7NjYR-y_pI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7NjYR-y_pI[/video]

[video=youtube;uHh-PszQV5A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHh-PszQV5A&feature=related[/video]

I have no problem with the top video, as he states, they take what they need and in my opinion, do it ethically.

The bottom video, not so much.

And what the Japanese call a dolphin hunt is not what they have done for thousands of years. (really like how you did not post the video that I originally did with that comment) That is a full on slaughter. I also don't like what they do with sharks. If a shark is taken, they should use it all, not just the fin.

As I thought. So you will admit you made it up?

I'm tired of trying to argue with someone who cites photo-ops from the whalers as proof of anything.

Pretty good proof there are cameras on board, no?
Pretty good proof of photo-documentation.
:lol:

You continue to ask for video evidence.

You continue to provide none.
:rolleyes:

you would not have accepted it as proof of corruption.

Official police investigation > a masked, blurred video produced by an anti-whaling group.

You reject logical conclusions and reasonable premises because you don't have video from an independent source

How's this for a logical conclusion?

How many harpoon ships are there?

How many harpoons on each one?

What happens when a whale is harpooned?
The harpoon ship stops, makes sure the whale has died and transfers the whale to the side of the ship, then they transfer the whale to the Nisshin Maru. We have all seen this, it was on Whale Wars!

I don't need a video, just a logical conclusion.

(I could post info about density indices and Minke speed as well as a quote from SS itself backing up the above but I don't think it's necessary, do you?)

I'm done playing your game.

Thanks for playing, you lose.
:p

as he states, they take what they need and in my opinion.

Then it must be true, right.
:rolleyes:

And what the Japanese call a dolphin hunt is not what they have done for thousands of years. I also don't like what they do with sharks.

Oh, I didn't know Inuit had rifles and ATV's hundreds of years ago. At least they still use spears in Taiji.

Please try to stick to the topic.

Time for the whalers to equip themselves with torpedos tbh.
Hopefully we will see that new boat sink soon.
I wish nothing but bad things for those fanatical eco-mentalists!