What about Colin Mcrae?

Demon_X

Car(s)
2004 Lexus IS300
they did a tribute for Richard Burns..but no Colin?

But now they are on air. And have been for a while now. I'm sure they could stick something together for a show.

A) They were off-air, its old news, they cant put together a tribute every time someone dies.

B) It seems that clarkson knew burns personally, maybe he didnt know Mcrae so well.

They had a tribute at MPH.

They probably filmed all of this season's episodes BEFORE McRae died,
and started airing them long AFTER this was big news.

It would be a bit awkward to air a short segment about the tragedy
on this largely comedic show. I mean... mentioning the tragedy right between
a "cocking-about segment" and a "funny news segment" would be a bit inappropriate.

They probably filmed all of this season's episodes BEFORE McRae died,
and started airing them long AFTER this was big news.

Yes and no. The segments for this series were all filmed BEFORE Mcrae died. But like they did for Richard Burns, they did the tribute during the news segment.

This is one thing I think TG could and SHOULD definitely do.

Think it would've been nice if they'd done a tribute to Colin in anycase.

They did one at MPH07

Tribute to Colin at MPH 2007 by Top Gear presenter
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugsVvVj_uz4[/YOUTUBE]
around 05:00

Last edited:
Maybe they are saving it for later? It is really strange they didn't even mention it at all in the news or anything. Its like they are deliberately avoiding talking about him (which of course isn't true). Maybe they quickly made a special segment for him since he died and will show it later on in the series :)

Maybe they are saving it for later? It is really strange they didn't even mention it at all in the news or anything. Its like they are deliberately avoiding talking about him (which of course isn't true). Maybe they quickly made a special segment for him since he died and will show it later on in the series :)

It is a possibility, and I wouldnt rule it out. McRae was a top bloke and I'm sure TG would want to give him decent tribute.

Hopefully :)

Oh, god. Colin Mcrae. That's sooo last month. That bandwagon has long past

wow, you really do know how to make people not like you do you? there is absolutely no reason as to why somebody should say this unless the person deserved to die.

just think about what jayhawk said for awhile. think about how someone could say that about you after you die. that's almost as bad as wishing death upon someone.

Clarkson knew Colin. Colin was in one of the speed episodes and he also took part in one or two of clarkson`s older videos.