• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

What am I doing wrong?

Jay

the fool on the hill
Joined
Dec 11, 2005
Messages
11,278
Location
Aurora, IL
OK, so I d/l the demo version to feel it out, see if I like it. I do just fine around the track with the FWD car, but every corner with RWD car results in a spinout. I fiddled with everything suspension, and the feel of the controller.

BTW, I use a Logitech RumblePad 2, using the digital buttons for go and stop, and the analog stick for steering.
 
I would suspect the problem lies with the usage of the digital buttons for go an stop.
Try using the analog stick instead since you really need to be able to control the throttle input rather precisely.

You'd have to ask the mouse / keyboard users how they control the throttle.

For an analog control, you can use the "throttle / brake centre reduction" (And Logitech Profiler) to change some of the sensitivity, but I'm not sure if that has any effect on buttons.

If you have a wheel I suggest you use that instead.
 
It takes time to get used to. Especially with digital throttle control. But some are very successfull even with that ;)

And again, it's not just a regular arcade game, so it takes time to learn the basics. It's so worth it though... Just use default setup (or get on from teaminferno) and try to learn FWD. It's much MUCH easier than RWD for beginners.
When I first downloaded game, I couldn't drive neither, so I deleted the demo. Then after a few months I tried again and kinda learned to use mouse for FWD, but again didn't last long. I only really got interested after I got the wheel, that's where it really shines :)
 
ditto... if it weren't for how much fun I saw the people enjoying when I first started playing demo when I was unbelievably crap at it... I would have just gave up.... but somehow, I kept trying and trying and one day.... I got alot better and within 1sec of everyone :D
 
I use mouse (not well :p) and it is hard to control the rwd with only the option of clicking or not, so I don't like rwd, but if you can control go/stop with an analog stick that would prolly help.
 
throttle control with the mouse is pretty hard to get the hang of. what i do is let up on the gas before the corner and click once in the middle of the turn and then put the gas on once you are pretty much straightened out.
not very quick around a track though...
 
I have, if I wanted to use it, a good mouse for this type of game. Its a Microsoft trackball, its 3 years old and I hope it never goes bad...

But anyhow, I went back to the track last night, and after doing some experiments, I can actually NOT spin out; at the apex, I press the go button multiple times and not let it over rev. Really, I was driving with a Grand Turismo mindset; its shocking how well this game emulates real life physics.
 
Now you guys just need to join us after this break for the next season ;).
 
bartboy9891 said:
throttle control with the mouse is pretty hard to get the hang of. what i do is let up on the gas before the corner and click once in the middle of the turn and then put the gas on once you are pretty much straightened out.
not very quick around a track though...

so where the hell have you been on weekly races?
 
andyhui01 said:
bartboy9891 said:
throttle control with the mouse is pretty hard to get the hang of. what i do is let up on the gas before the corner and click once in the middle of the turn and then put the gas on once you are pretty much straightened out.
not very quick around a track though...

so where the hell have you been on weekly races?
lol, i've only got the demo version. and i do suck at it and on top of that.
 
bartboy9891 said:
andyhui01 said:
bartboy9891 said:
throttle control with the mouse is pretty hard to get the hang of. what i do is let up on the gas before the corner and click once in the middle of the turn and then put the gas on once you are pretty much straightened out.
not very quick around a track though...

so where the hell have you been on weekly races?
lol, i've only got the demo version. and i do suck at it and on top of that.

So what, so do I, but it's really fun, and you get better :D
 
what i did at the beginning was driving trough the corners without any trottle, and then try applying trottle a little earlier.. but most of it is just training.. play for 10h with the mous and you will get the hang out of it :)
for me mous was much better than my pad or the keyboard, cause you can controll the steering wheel much quicker and precisely.
 
Personally, i find the keyboard tonnes easier, dont ask me why it just is, Although without my lovely "q" key I would be lost (its the fast steer one). I would suggest that if your having problems with the mouse, give the keyboard a try just to see if it makes any difference.
 
Top