• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

what are the measurements of an sd card?

What's an SD card?

Viper007Bond said:
What's an SD card?

I'll I can think of is "LSD" :lol:

ah, i didnt really get it the first time, you mean an SD-card, just like a CF (compactflash) card...

np jason, the trick was to search for "SD card dimensions" (without the quotes). Google's great, if you know what words to use. ;)

Renesis said:
Viper007Bond said:
What's an SD card?

And you call yourself a photo guy! :lol:
Is it like a CF card or something? All my cameras use CF and so that's the only media I have experience with...

Its real name is "Secure Digital" card thingy, and yeh its a little card thing that yer put in digital cameras, PDA(Pocket PC's) etc.
They can hold anywere up to 2GB

sd_card.jpg

sandisk512mb1gbsdcard.jpg

^^^ Thats what they look like.[/img]

na... theres 2... I think Sandisk is the only one that makes them though and its prob. going to be more expensive than a digital camera :lol:

I've used SD and MMC and am currently using Memory Stick. SD are the best simply because of future-proofing, speed and value. Although the maximum size is only 1GB at the moment, whereas as CompactFlash can go up to 8GB!!!

LM%208GB_40x%20CF.jpg

^ 3.6 centimetres by 4.3 centimeters is as big as hell? :shock:

:lol: