What are you going to choose as your first car?

I will probably go with the Volvo C30. I?d like to know if they have done it just like it is IRL.

It depends... Last time I started GT4 from scratch (after I managed to corrupt my savegame) I didn't buy a single car, I took what I got from winning the licences and worked my way on from that with trophy cars. I didn't buy any upgrades either, apart from dirt tyres so that I could do the rally events. It's an extra challenge of sorts...

If I decide to go on the normal route I'll propably browse for something really interesting but end up with a very uninteresting sporty japanese car with rwd or 4wd and fitted with a turbocharger. Last time this was a Lancer Evo IV, and in GT2 I went for a 3rd gen Toyota Supra. These tend to be quite cheap so I can get some mods in straight away and have a potential to get me quite far in the game before needing to use another car.

Last edited:
Hate to sound so pessimistic because I'm really looking forward to the game too but I'm pretty sure it's gonna be the same deal as the other games. Random used Japanese cars will be everywhere and everything else will have to be waited for.

I'll probably wait around and get the early 90's Camaro that usually pops up in the used lot.

If it's in i'd go for the Toyota aygo :p

I only hope there will be some random used non-Japanese cars to go with them. I want my American/European shitboxes, dammit! :shakefist:

Since it's been delayed without a new release date i think my first car will be the 2015 lotus elise (production model) :p

Since it's been delayed without a new release date i think my first car will be the 2015 lotus elise (production model) :p

Damn you! I come here to make a similar joke! :lol:

I'll go with the upcoming E98 M3 :p

My first car will obviously be the next generation RX7....the launch date of the two should coincide right?

Probably an Integra of some sort. Simply because I have one. Preferably in base model trim, 4dr and purple.

MX-5/Miata.

I wonder if depreciation has affected the price of the used cars.... maybe i'll be able to snag a 350z?

Let's see

GT2: Mitsu FTO
GT3: Don't remember
GT4: AE86 (was an Initial D thing)
GT5: Miata (probably NA will be available from the start)

I sure hope they included a Miata in as one of their Premium models. Preferably an NB.

I'm hoping to get something cheap and American for the very first car, but barring that, I'll go for some 80's-90's Japanese steel. I have a special place in my heart for sleeper cars, and for racing slow cars fast.

Focus RS?