What Are You Reading?

Let's revive this one...

I just finished this awesome bio:
nofx-2.jpg

And I can heartily recommend it to anyone who has an interest in punk rock, 1980s pop culture, or cool stories by bands. It's written by the bandmembers themselves, and in such a way that at the end of the book you feel that you've made some new friends.

Oh man, I didn't know that was a thing and this is right up my street.

Do you have it in print and if so, can I borrow it?

I like the band and I like this kind of book, so DAMN YOU :shakefist: :lol:

On another note, after a few years since I read the fifth book in the Saxon Stories series by Bernard Cornwell, I picked up the sixth read it in a week or so and now I bought the seventh.
I am getting tired of the story going around in circles while slowly moving forward, but I still enjoy the description of the battles and the dialogue.

Last edited:
I like the band and I like this kind of book, so DAMN YOU :shakefist: :lol:

On another note, after a few years since I read the fifth book in the Saxon Stories series by Bernard Cornwell, I picked up the sixth read it in a week or so and now I bought the seventh.
I am getting tired of the story going around in circles while slowly moving forward, but I still enjoy the description of the battles and the dialogue.

I still recommend you watch The Last Kingdom though...

Also, I'm currently reading "easy Finnish" version of Punainen kuin veri by Salla Simukka. As simplified by one of my previous teachers.
I can follow much more of it than I was expecting, so that's a pleasant surprise.

I still recommend you watch The Last Kingdom though...

I am watching it!
5 episodes so far. The funny thing is that I read that part of the story so long ago that I don't quite remember what happens (and I figure the TV show doesn't follow the books too closely), so I have a general idea of what happens, but I don't know the specifics.

:w00t:
I'm a big fan of Uhtred and Young Ragnar. Both VERY easy on the eye.

I am not in the least surprised. :lol:
I can't complaint about the girls either. Plenty of redheads.

Currently I have 4 books off the bookshelf that I keep meaning to get through.

On my bedroom nightstand.
Almost done with this one
CX7q8Oz.png

Keep meaning to start this one
rIvIUEX.png

On my living room coffee table
Opened this one up a few time, got through only a few pages though
NSqdywV.png

And another one I want to start
pBE7TCU.png

I should probably focus on one at a time and actually get myself to put my phone down in bed and read before sleep.

Children-of-Earth-and-Sky1st.jpg

Guy Gavriel Kay's latest novel. Again situated in his rendition of classical geopolitical Europe, Africa and the Middle East. This time the story revolves around the Ottoman-Habsburg wars, and the roles of the Uskoks of Senj, and the city states of Venice and Dubrovnik in early renaissance south-eastern Europe. As always he manages to create compelling characters, who influence each other and are influenced by the events around them as much as they influence the events. Of course there's the nods to his previous works in the same geopolitical universe (most notably the events in the Sarantine Mosaic).
It also helped me better understand where the whole Yugoslav wars in the late 20th century came from.