What car defines your COUNTY?

MattD1zzl3

2 Slow 2 Noisy
Car(s)
1996 & 2003 Mazda Miatas, 1995 Chevy Camaro Z28
Thread idea stolen from hansvonaxion's great "What car defines your country" thread, go check it out.

I wanted to take the car culture down to a micro level, rather than what car defines your nation, what car defines your local county, or in non-US terms, your local region or city and surrounding area? Or if its if its not really famous, what do you see a lot of driving around that you probably wouldn't see elsewhere?

I live in broward county, florida. (try bolding the area name for easy thread reading) Which is a more affordable and better version of the more famous Miami-Dade county that we border (Ive been to most of the stores from the 09X03 america special. Hammonds muscle car store closed up shop last year). Thanks to rick ross, there is only one car that says "Miami" to the world:

94ChevyImpalaSS150.jpg

There is no emissions testing or displacement tax of any kind of my state, so everyone is pretty much riding around in big american barges, or ex-cop cars converted to look like the above vehicle. Wheels/Rims that cost 3 to 5 times what the car did are optional. Supercars are also around, i've been passed on the freeway by two separate veyrons this year alone.

What car defines your local area?

Norfolk County, MA

A liberal bedroom community, this is where yuppies go to start families. in that, the quintessential family lugger is the semi-upscale Volvo XC70:

2008-volvo-xc70-front-rightjpg.jpg

Last edited:
Denmark is so small and homogenous, that it doesn't really make any sense to talk about local differences. However I do see alot of these in the area where I live:

skoda-fabia.jpg

This defines my area of the county. West Kent is a lot more upmarket than the East.

volvo%20xc90%20niot.net%201%20(8).jpg

In the People's Republic of Cambridge, you've got a lot of these around:
01903071990002-480.jpg

Of course the Prius invasion is in full swing, and as with any old-money college town there's a smattering of Volvos and Acuras.

Taking this even more microscopically small, this is the car that defines my neighborhood:

https://pic.armedcats.net/n/na/narf/2010/05/18/porsche_cayenne_gts.jpg

A few years back until the SUV invasion happened in Germany it was the usual mix of Audis/Mercs/911s, now it's those ugly things :cry:

Denmark is so small and homogenous, that it doesn't really make any sense to talk about local differences. However I do see alot of these in the area where I live:

skoda-fabia.jpg

This makes perfect sense, because a) Skoda is one of the few manufacturers lowering pre-tax prices for your luxury car tax and b) the part above 79000DKK isn't too high (for non-Danish people: Up to 79 gets taxed at 105%, anything above gets taxed at 180%), so relatively speaking this reasonably priced car everywhere else is ridiculously reasonably priced in Denmark compared to the competition.

Kiel! thats where i sail my (electronically simulated) submarine from! :D Damn i'd be blasting some tommies if i wasnt at work :(

Also, Apperantly Cambridge is similar to Cleveland, Ohio, US. How does that make you feel labcoat? (Saabs all over the place)

Dear europeans: As a supplement to my original post i'll give you an idea who this rick ross guy is, prepare to see a world you've only seen in music videos before (Carol Mart from this video is 10 minutes from where i live. Bear in mind not to take it too seriously, its stupid and that is the point. Featuring like 17 internationally famous rappers and all the yank tanks you can handle.
[youtube]y0_G0m5W1nY[/youtube]

edit: i am most certainly not "hood"

Last edited:
We have a hodge-podge of SUVs and crossovers up here in the Flint area. Most are GM brands, but there are a few Fords and not much else.

for non-Danish people: Up to 79 gets taxed at 105%, anything above gets taxed at 180%), so relatively speaking this reasonably priced car everywhere else is ridiculously reasonably priced in Denmark compared to the competition.

Honestly, because of this I would never live in Denmark.

http://img101.imageshack.**/img101/225/skodaoctavia20058.jpg

A basic Skoda Octavia is quite popular around here; so are various Volvos, of course.

Sightings I will need to photograph when I can:

Plymouth Duster (orange)
Plymouth 'Cuda (lime)
VW Rabbit cabrio (white, low, loud audio)
Carbage'd Vento (red with huge wing and black stripes)
Buick Electra convertible (red)
Nissan Patrol (matte black with a lift kit)
323 GT-R (white)

Nissan%20Qashqai%20front.jpg

they appear to be around every corner in the area (well Flanders in its whole is probably about the size of a big county for most Americans)

2005_Chevy_Silverado_Front.jpg

Yorkton, Sk. Everyone either owns, has owned, or wants to own one, except for me and maybe 10 other people.

I don't have a county here per say so I'll use the base as my, er, basis. And here's the car that defines it:

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/ka/kajun/2010/05/18/subaru_legacy_b4_a1118442711b704386.jpg

The Subaru B4 Legacy. Driven almost 100% exclusively by Americans. That fact is easy to confirm, partly because of the special plates Americans have, but mostly because every B4 driver is a blithering idiot who thinks they're the world's best driver just because they have a ten year old Subaru that's a bit rare back in the states.