What cars symbolize the Nordschleife?

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
DÖNER
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
Let's say you have a wall with pictures of the Green Hell.
Now let's say you have a couple of shelves on said wall.
If you would place 4 or 5 die cast models of cars to match the pictures, which ones would be appropriate?
From what I personally saw, I can think of 2 right away: Porsche 911 and BMW 3-series.
Which others would you put it there?

If you go 911, you might as well go Frikadellenporsche:

Spark_GT3%20Cup%202011.jpg

E46 M3 CSL, 911 GT3, Lexus LF-A, Nissan GT-R, Mercedes SLS are what springs to mind. The first two because they're everywhere. The second two because they're both the product of the Nordschleife, and the fifth because its sound dominated VLN races.

Zastava. In baby poo brown.

Race cars?

Zakspeed Capri
Porsche 934 / 935
Porsche 917
Porsche 956 in Rothmanns-Livery ;)
Zakspeed Viper
Manthey 996 MR / 997 RSR
Alzen 996 Turbinchen / 997 "Little Nelly"
Schall Astra DTM
BMW E46 M3 GTR
Current GT3 race cars
W201 Evo
E30 Group A / DTM
Zonda R (because fast lap time)

Street cars?

BMW E30, E36, E46 tracktools (maybe E90/92 aswell)
Pretty much any 911 GT3/GT2 model
Clio RS & Megane RS

Things like the LF-A, as said, fit aswell.

These are the cars that come to mind when I think of the Nordschleife.

I assume the focus is on road cars so another vote for the E30 and 911 GT3. Maybe a Ringtaxi? Can you get a silver Transit model?

Or a green Kangoo?

Yes, I was thinking more about road cars, or rather, the cars you usually see during the Touristenfahrten, but iconic racecars are not ruled out.
I am glad I opened this thread. Great suggestions,specially the Zastava, Transit and LF-A. :lol:

Thanks! :thumbsup:

My brother is donating a die cast E46 coup? he has. He is gonna modify it to make it look more like a ring toy (wheels, paint, etc) so I got one down already. :D

Last edited:
Ford Transit?

Just needs a respray......

Looking at it closely, it seems like the shut lines have already been painted in the right colour. :D

I can't paint for toffee or I'd volunteer.

Clio seems like a good choice, in the same vein maybe the Swift?

Also a model of the E60 M5 Ringtaxi is readily available but is 1:18 scale and rather large. Since I'm assuming from the OP that this is your shelf we're talking about and you're being cryptic, what sort of size models do you have in mind? :p

Yeah, I saw that. :lol:
Also needs a roof rack( and according to my wife, a guy in a wheelchair on said rack :lol:)
Looking at it closely, it seems like the shut lines have already been painted in the right colour. :D

I can't paint for toffee or I'd volunteer.

Clio seems like a good choice, in the same vein maybe the Swift?

Also a model of the E60 M5 Ringtaxi is readily available but is 1:18 scale and rather large. Since I'm assuming from the OP that this is your shelf we're talking about and you're being cryptic, what sort of size models do you have in mind? :p

My brother has been building model kits for 30 years, so I have access to someone able to modify and paint those.
And yes, it is my shelf and no I haven't chosen a particular scale. Do you have a link for the Ringtaxi?

Ford Transit?

Already suggested, but I am sure it must be included.

Do you have a link for the Ringtaxi?

You can't afford it, you need the money for Ringmeet! :p

I'll get it later when I can get on eBay.

:lol:
I saw that one coming.

Thanks.

Also, I had a HotWheels M3 in my backpack during the laps I took as a passenger. I guess I could say it has been driven on the Nordschleife and therefore fit to be in the shelves. :p

From my experience there, it's either the diesel Audi A4, the Porsche 911 GT3 RS, or the Nissan Navarra pickup that passed MWF when we around in Ice's diesel Audi A4...twice.

:tease: