What casual phone/tablet games do you play?

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
I know we have a ton of console and PC gamers on FG but I've never got into that whole thing. I do quite enjoy the more casual stuff that will occupy a few minutes without involving a huge amount of investment of time and money.

Latest fun is being delivered by Sniper X which features voice work by a very sweaty Jason Statham and is gloriously violent.

I can can also recommend Monument Valley thanks to Ice. It's worth spending the money and is probably the most subtle and elegant thing I have ever played.

Recommendations and and comments welcome.

I've been playing Sim City Build It for awhile now. However I'm stuck needing some components to clear more land to expand any further and have been for a month. I refuse to buy any of the fake cash to buy the components. So, I've just been collecting taxes and upgrading streets.

Recently my 4 year old son got me playing Blocky Roads. It's an easy 2D racing game. It's a good way to kill a few minutes here and there. The game cost $2 for the full version.

Monument Valley thanks to MWF, Hill Climb Racing and Worms 3 are my 3 main ones at the moment. I will highly recommend any Worms game.

In the past I've done Angry Birds, Bad Piggies, Crossy Road and briefly tried a Bejewelled knock-off.

I can't stand the free to play model that most games adopt (you're out of fuel, wait 20 minutes to get more, etc.) And many of the really good games I would just play on my PC so this is a slim market for me.

I'll second Hill Climb Racing, it's grindy but never stops you from playing and presents a good challenge. Hearthstone is crazy good as it is a fully functional port of a PC game but I don't think I'd define it as casual. Same for XCOM.

The PC version of Cook, Serve, Delicious is fun and I believe the mobile version is the same game.

Bloons TD 5 I've had for a long time and is great if you like classic tower defense games.

Last edited:
Hill Climb Racing, Pool, Ski Safari 2, and Tapped Out cause im a simpsons junkie

Pixel Dungeon, if you like to be punished by a game and try over and over to beat it. It is fun though.

Plants vs. Zombies 1 and 2 (the second one is free2play, but can get frustratingly hard later when you refuse to purchase shit).

Crossy Road for toilet sessions.

I'm surprised that more people play Hill Climb Racing, I stumbled across it years ago completely by chance. It's something you can pick up and play a little bit of easily.

I forgot to mention that I also have Spyro The Dragon PSX game on my phone with an emulator but the on-screen controls are horrible.

Fallout Shelter, mostly because I was going to be on a flight and it doesn't require an internet connection.

Think I will be checking some of those out.

I got Asphalt 8 mainly for Junior to play when he is here. I'm lousy at it but then I always have been crap at driving games mainly because my brain misses the lack of sensation like lateral G and so on.

As they proved in WWII when the RAF anaesthetised pilots backsides you really do drive/fly by the seat of your pants.

- hill climb racer
- linky dots
- magnetic balls
- powerline
- wordfeud

those are the games installed on my pc...

I got Asphalt 8 mainly for Junior to play when he is here. I'm lousy at it but then I always have been crap at driving games mainly because my brain misses the lack of sensation like lateral G and so on.

As they proved in WWII when the RAF anaesthetised pilots backsides you really do drive/fly by the seat of your pants.

I love driving games and I still can't stand them on mobile. There's no good method of control.

What?

200.gif

I have a secret love for Madden Mobile. Don't spend money on it but I play it all the time at work.

I've played Hillclimb racing the most, but I eventualy got bored.
Try some games from time to time. Most recently Drift for Fun, but that has some glitch so you can't advance in one category, since you can't win a race even though you're first.
Pako Car Chase is also relatively interesting to kill some time.

Anyone know of a good airplane shooter or something, ww2 or modern planes, I like flying

I was playing HCR last night. Damn it's frustrating! :lol:

Moon stage and Big Finger for me, now I'm monstering most stages with a fully upgraded Super Off Road tank thing though. Hovercraft is fun too.