What Console(s) Should I Get?

What Console(s) Should I Get?

• Total voters
forza 2's online community seems a little less retarded than that of what gt5p is at the moment.

GT5p online is more like "LOL, CAR"

Ive never encountered any overheating problems with my PS2, and GT4 still is my favourite game - great tracks and an awesome choice of vehicles to choose from. The downside is taht it takes ages to get through the whole game, but apart from that, I only can recommend it.

I'll probably get the PS2 because I just cannot afford the Xbox 360 right now.

I have an Xbox 360 and forza 2 and I really like it.

I sold my old PS2 with GT4 and a Driving Force Pro to get it.

If you want Gran Turismo, I would get a PS3 with the smallest HDD and a G25. That will really be amazing. That`s what I`m going to do.

Ohh, one last thing. Unless you have a HD TV I wouldn`t get the xbox 360. I played my xbox 360 on a regular TV for a few months and really hated it. Once I got my 50 inch HD and started playing on 1080i I was addicted.

DO NOT BUY THE MADCATZ MC2 WHEEL!

It's rubbish. I've got one for my (original, not 360) XBox, and it disintegrated, literally. The accelerator pedal broke into half, both of the pedals screech when pressed, the connector to the pedals has shit contact and you have to deal with it for half a century for it to work, and the most important of them all - the wheel itself just came off. The plastic cylinder thing holding it in place with three allen bolts just went to pieces and I've tried everything to attach it again but no use. It's now just lying there useless. Avoid at all costs.

(If you want I can post a pic)

Damn FD, how did you manage to thoroughly destroy a wheel?

I've broken the top off the gas peddle and snapped a centering spring on a Pelican wheel, but that is amazing.

Well, I can tell that I didn't wreck it myself, I just used it as any other steering wheel. The matter of the fact is that the damn MC2 is built to last as long as an Alfasud.

All i can say is don't make your decision on which console to buy based on one racing game. Consider all the other games avail for each system you want to play, also consider if you want to take advantage of online gaming.

There are many good games exclusive to the PS2 that aren't on the xbox360 and vice versa. Look at the big picture.

PS2. GT4 is a lot of fun, just make sure you turn the ASM so it will allow oversteer :)

I'm trying to get a Toyota Aristo (Lexus GS for those not in the know) in GT4 to drift, and no matter how hard I try the tail just doesn't want to break loose.....

I'm trying to get a Toyota Aristo (Lexus GS for those not in the know) in GT4 to drift, and no matter how hard I try the tail just doesn't want to break loose.....

Turn the TC and ASM all the way down, equip some N2 tire, it'll spin the tire easily with a little bit of nitrous.

Back on topic, I don't think it's worth the money to get GT4 and a PS2 now since both are considered old now. If you want a more realistic feel, wait for GT5 (or get GT5P), but if you just want to race around with friends, Forza 2 looks great.

GT4! :) Its awesome, has more cars and the graphics are amazing. Dare I say they're better than Forza's! :p

Last edited:
like i said earlier consider this Logitech G25:

mainphoto5671.jpg

I would love to have it, but it's a bit too pricey for me right now. It costs $240 (+tax) in stores and not less than $200 on ebay. For this kind of price I can get a PS2 with 2 controllers, 20 games (including GT4), and a Logitech Driving Force Pro Wheel.

Talking about my decision, I am also gonna play games other than GT4/FM2 if I get whichever system. The Xbox 360 will no doubt have more "newer" games, but PS2 still has many great games.

And plus I don't have a HDTV, so the 360 is kinda pointless then, right? It will probably only look a little better than the PS2.

Last edited:
And plus I don't have a HDTV, so the 360 is kinda pointless then, right? It will probably only look a little better than the PS2.

Even on an SD TV, it till looks much better than a PS2.

Ilpav:

Its pretty expensive, but worth every penny.

It makes racing games 100x more fun. After all, its the driving experience that you want... I've tried some other racing wheels and havn't found one thats even close to the G25 yet.

Turn the TC and ASM all the way down, equip some N2 tire, it'll spin the tire easily with a little bit of nitrous.

Back on topic, I don't think it's worth the money to get GT4 and a PS2 now since both are considered old now. If you want a more realistic feel, wait for GT5 (or get GT5P), but if you just want to race around with friends, Forza 2 looks great.

Its still a big disappointment though, the inability to powerslide.

I bought a PS2 just to play GT4 and its the only game I've played since I bought it (but I'm not much of a gamer and rarely play). The controller is very sensitive and makes me wish I had a wheel, but I can't justify spending more for a wheel than I did on the console (and I'm broke).

Is a PS3 completely out of your price range? It would be more future proof.

Played GT4 in 1080i?

You can't, as far as I know. Best is 480p in some games with component cables. I think it looks pretty crap on the LCD TV (in SD).