What did you GET this christmas?

Parents got me a packet of Tim Tams (lol) which I had to leave at their place anyway coz they would've melted in the car on the way home and matched the $100 grandma gave me.

A good friend of mine spent six weeks this past summer (or winter; pick the one appropriate for your hemisphere ;)) traveling Australia and got hooked on Tim Tams. She is now known to all those whom she met as the Tim Tam Nazi. Must find a way to get her a supply in the States . . . .

And, so my whole post isn't OT, here we go:

Enough gift cards to make a heeyooj dent in my 300+-item Amazon wish list, with more on the way because my husband's a procrastinator

New PJs, bathrobe, and gloves (because I'm old and love practical gifts)

The book Badass, plus some books on Viking and Anglo-Saxon history

Lots of less consequential, but still cool, stuff

And, because my in-laws' generosity of spirit is unmatched by anyone anywhere in the world, a check for US$1500 to spend however I wish--probably on a plane ticket to Stockholm

I also got, as I do every year, several hours at a bar with a group of good friends. We started the tradition 8 years ago to celebrate the fact that Brian and I were on the same continent, let alone in the same state, for the first time in three or four years, and it has grown into our annual Spend Christmas Night with the Family You Chose After Spending Christmas Day with the Family You Got event. It was made extra special this year by the fact that Brian's 4 months into a 3-year diplomatic deployment in Bogota, and was able to come home and see us.

My Christmases tend not to suck even a little tiny bit. :) I'm a lucky girl.

Now the husband and I are preparing to drive 4.5 hours southwest in fog and pouring rain to have our second Christmas, this time with my parents. I sense more books coming my way, possibly even books by Richard Hammond and Jeremy Clarkson, which shall make the drive home very enjoyable indeed.

Last edited:
?50
Gloves
The Austin Powers Shagadelic Boxset
Bose headphones
Various items of clothing, including a Pittsburgh Steelers top (despite the fact I have no interest or knowledge of American football)
Java for dummies
But best of all, superamazinglycool yellow shoes:

http://img94.imageshack.**/img94/5500/img0267q.jpg

Thank you very much for that. Cheque's in the mail. :lol::)
No worries mate.

1. Dads out of hospital,
2. Dogs still touch and go - its going to take a long time . ... Vet called yesterday - yes he went in on XMAS day to see Charlie - he is that kind of Dog, and that kind of Vet!
3. Nephew came around to day, he is as well as I have seen him in three years! He is still not right though, still better.

Last edited:
I got a set of 4 Hohner blues harmonicas and I only asked for one. :D

Lots of other miscellaneous stuff, but I'm just happy I get to see my family and have some good food. And it's a good excuse to fix my BMW then go bounce off some snow drifts.

... greatest of all, an all white sport coat (I'm obsessed with the 1980s)

I can't wait to wear that out on the town.
I gave my brother a Kenny Rogers brand sport coat this year. Found it at a garage sale months ago for $4. :lol:

My wife got me a Tauntaun sleeping bag. Which is strange because I'm not that big of a Star Wars dork.

However it is pure awesome and my cat agrees with me and has claimed it as his new bed.

DSCI0033.jpg

DSCI0034.jpg

DSCI0036.jpg

The head is a comfy pillow and over all it is a nice sleeping bag and unzipped it makes a decent blanket.

I got $20 from my dad. I don't have the cash for gifts and I don't really agree with the whole materialistic portion of what has become Christmas. I'm happy and content if not a bit complaisant. My wonderful girlfriend was very content with not exchanging gifts, In fact i think she was happy about it. It makes the holidays a lot less stressful.

My modest haul:

--- two new pairs of denim pants
--- a blue mock turtleneck
--- a black mock turtleneck
--- socks, 'cause I needed them and couldn't be arsed to buy any before Christmas
--- two pairs of "magic gloves" and a pair of mittens. Those will come in handy in February.
--- The Beatles' "Let it Be"
--- three word search puzzles and a two-pack of pens

Xbox 360 wireless wheel controller from my parents
an remote controlled Dalek (which ran around threatening to "exterminate" the dog) from my nan
Red Cliff and Star Trek on blu ray from my brother.

might not have been much but had endless amounts of fun.

I sponge off my parents for expensive stuff. So I got a 35mm lens for my D40 (if you are the sort of person who is interested in knowing, then you'll know what lens it is :D).

I also got a Henry desktop vacuum cleaner.
A new tripod (broke the head off of the old one).
Clarkson's Duel, which I watched for the first time this morning and I like whatever anyone else says.
An inclinometer for the SIII.
A Harry Hill joke book.
A ceramic kingfisher, which I'll have to get a photo of it. It's a fantastic thing and my Gran knows I like birds.
A TG branded electric toothbrush (who knew?).
A piston shaped mug.
A 'Land Rovers only mark their territory' shirt.
A couple of car-related calendars.
The obligatory Chocolate Orange.
Some After-eight mints (50% extra free, biggest box of them I've ever seen!).
A Stig keyring from my TG advent calendar. :D

Oh and some underpants. I don't mind though because they're quite expensive.

I never get bored of Christmas.

Rolo's.
12 pack of Ferrero Rondnoir dark chocolates.
A Star Wars Novel ("Force Unleashed")
Music from the Harry Potter Films, the first three movies.
Star Wars original trilogy music.
Organ Music played at Salisbury Cathedral. I love pipe organ music, the church I went to as a child had a massive pipe organ, and I spent countless hours there listening while my mother was doing various church functions.

A bunch of clothes and stuff that I needed. Little screwdriver set from my dad so I'll stop stealing his. Slippers (wore out my old ones). etc.

My sisters got me this shirt and expect me to wear it:

Yes, it actually shows the current wifi signal strength. We'll see if I do wear it or not. I'm trying to avoid looking like a huge nerd. :p

My employer also hooked me up:

https://pic.armedcats.net/v/vi/viper007bond/2009/12/26/IMG_0123.jpg

Will do an hour of 720p video (my Canon G11 only does 640x480, so I was actually considering getting one of these). :)

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah! I hope everyone had as god as a time as I did. Getting free crap is nice, but I love spending time with the family.

Here's what I got.

A 1:18th scale model of a 1971 Hemi Cuda.
A big model of the Titanic.
A set of Creatvie T3100 2.1 computer speakers.
A Logitech MX1100 wireless mouse.
Mario Kart Wii.
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for the 360.
Star Trek on Blu-Ray.
Taken on Blu-Ray.
Encino Man on DVD.
Some pants, wool socks, and a new sweater.
A nice new computer chair.
Some passes to a local theater.
And a bunch of candy.

These are B-day and X-mas gifts since by b-day is a week before x-mas.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah! I hope everyone had as god as a time as I did. Getting free crap is nice, but I love spending time with the family.

Here's what I got.

A 1:18th scale model of a 1971 Hemi Cuda.
A big model of the Titanic.
A set of Creatvie T3100 2.1 computer speakers.
A Logitech MX1100 wireless mouse.
Mario Kart Wii.
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for the 360.
Star Trek on Blu-Ray.
Taken on Blu-Ray.
Encino Man on DVD.
Some pants, wool socks, and a new sweater.
A nice new computer chair.
Some passes to a local theater.
And a bunch of candy.

These are B-day and X-mas gifts since by b-day is a week before x-mas.

Hey I got the same mouse. It's great isn't it?

Hey I got the same mouse. It's great isn't it?

Oh yeah! It's got to be the most comfortable mouse I've ever had. Plus my current one stops working intermittently, and has been doing this for months, so having one that works all the time is simply awesome.

I said that was the number one thing I wanted for Christmas. It was what pretty much the mouse everyone in the tech section said to get. :)