What did you hate most about the 'noughties'?

Dsemaj

Car(s)
2003 Urabus Impreza WRX, 1997 Fraud Falcs EL Wagon
Well, now that the decade that was the 'noughties' is beyond us, let's reminisce and remind ourselves what made the 2000s a great time to be a massive whinge :rolleyes: Off the top of my head, I'd have to list the infestation of reality shows on television and so called 'green' environmental culture (think carbon credits and hybrid cars).

But I'm still hungover from the bloody decade, so someone who's in a more literate mindset can get this going :lol:

We are a hateful forum aren't we.

Calling it the "noughties." ;)

Also, how Bush is going to most likely singlehandedly define the decade in the way Reagan defined the 80s. Not to get too political or anything, but I wasn't a fan. :)

2006-8. Things went not according to plan.

Last edited:
Isn't anything we like about this past decade?

Hmm. 2000 - 2003 was uneventful. 2003 - 2007 again uneventful, however started Secondary school in '03, which wasn't the best first few years I've ever had. Hate myself now thanks to the ear jokes and general hating etc. 2007-2009 My dad had no job so we slowly became poorer and poorer. 2009 we lost both the oldest and youngest members of my dad's family. Great. Thanks for a wonderful decade Mr life. Oh and more than one decent friend would go well for the next few years thanks.

Last edited:
Socializing sucked in that decade. Having trouble to blend in with people sucked in that decade. Politics and Natural Disasters sucked in that decade, not to mention man-made ones too.

Worst decade of my life. :p It got really bad towards the end here, but things are looking up. Looks like this next decade will be good.

The music was crap, the fashion was dreadful and people are getting less inteligent, more violent and more idiotic as the years pass by.
We are fighting two un-needed wars one of which was started illegaly by Bush and then followed up by that arse Blair, I can't even start on how stupid it is that it was even started.

I can't even remember anything before 2006 because nothing in my life happened worth remembering.

On a more personal note this was my first year of doing anything of any importance in life by going to college, where I have learned next to nothing other that most people hate me simply because I have floppy hair and a bad taste in shirts and women find me hillarious for all the wrong reasons. Oh, and that I'm pretty much un-employable because of the bloody recession and the fact nobody wants to employ a short, thin, depressive nerd with next to no qualifications.

... and thats it, well, everything I'm prepared to say on a public forum anyway.

(2009 has claimed the 'worst year of my life so far' award so I may be baised about the early 2000s...)

I had a good time....graduated from high school in 2002, college in 2006, and grad school and first real job in 2008. I feel this decade was my defining one, I can't knock the decade in which I lost my virginity:D:wicked:.

An interesting decade for sure.

The Hippies and Eco-Mentalists started taking over the planet and people started buying their logic as fact.
The Reality Show fad reached new heights and new lows in their attempts to prove their worthy.
Too many good shows were cancelled before their time (Firefly, Arrested Development, Stargate Atlantis) and too many crap shows stayed on the air (Big Brother, The X Factor, Any ITV program and Stargate fricking Universe).
i could go on, 2000 started with much hope but by the end it was just falling apart.
Here's hoping things pick up from here.

The Hippies and Eco-Mentalists started taking over the planet and people started buying their logic as fact.
The Reality Show fad reached new heights and new lows in their attempts to prove their worthy.
Too many good shows were cancelled before their time (Firefly, Arrested Development, Stargate Atlantis) and too many crap shows stayed on the air (Big Brother, The X Factor, Any ITV program and Stargate fricking Universe).
i could go on, 2000 started with much hope but by the end it was just falling apart.
Here's hoping things pick up from here.

This has large amounts of truth in it.

Who in the heck came up with that crap-o term for this decade? Granted, I can't think of a better term, but...weird.