What did you hate most about the 'noughties'?

Parents retiring. (...and not telling me about it until Christmas that year. "Surprise! You spent too much on Christmas!")
Wrecking my car and having to replace it with something less awesome.
Politics--particularly the nastier bits. I can't carry on a sensible freaking conversation with hardly anyone on this subject anymore because they're all convinced the other party is responsible for all the problems in the world, and won't @$##%$#^@#$%#&*&^$!!! accept that both parties are part of "the problem."
The fact that I have absolutely no confidence in the current leadership of my university, and that they're dragging down the value of the degree I'm still working on every time one of their boneheaded decisions makes the news. (Seriously? I thought this crap was solved when we threw out the prez in '04.)
The fact that I still don't know what I want to do when I finally get out of here, nor do I know anyone who wants to hire a person whose only real talents are "knowing useless facts about Puffalumps" and "falling asleep."
Getting sick all. the. time. Even worse: not being able to figure out the cause of it.
Nasty people. Lots of them. Worse than usual.

The "noughties" can go screw themselves with an AIDS-coated kitchen knife....and I hope the wounds get infected.

Last edited:
Was there anything to like about the noughties? Not really. There was some good television such as TG, but there was loads of shit as well to cancel that out.

I absoloutley hate all this shit reality television, cashed up bogans/rednecks appearing all over the airwaves, shitastic culture, stupid hippes, Al Fricking Gore, George W. Bush, Australian PMs being idiots and above all; dumb people.

why is the acronym the noughties, i can't overemphasize the awesomeness of calling them the double O's

Man, you guys really seemed to hate the last decade. I had a lot of bad times, but a lot of good times too. I graduated college, got a real job, got married, bought a house. It was pretty good, actually.

^^^^ I agree with spicysaurus. Yeah, the decade contained my personal "lost years", but I think I ended it in a better place than when I started. Besides, some cool stuff happened, and really we wouldn't be here in this specific place without them.

If your personal life was good because you graduated or something then great, but as for the decade in general, it was shit.

We finally got rid of Howard - it was a start

Oopsy.

In brief, a few annoying things IMO: reality shows taking off and the cult of Z list celebs, I found the quality of music has generally stalled, Dubai this Dubai that Dubai here there and fucking everywhere, worldwide overreaction over Michael Jackson's death. I'll sure find some more. :D

Last edited:
Hang on. This is a thread titled "What did you hate most about the 'noughties'?"

It's so people can blow off steam.

If you don't like it maybe you can start a thread "What is the best thing about the last decade?"

There were a lot of things about this past decade that sucked: 9/11, Shrub, reality shows, the economy, etc.

But in my personal life, things were not that bad. True, I lost my grandmother and my uncle, but I found my birth mother and got two new sisters and two new brothers and countless nieces, nephews, cousins, and a family that gets me. On the job front, I managed to end the decade in the same job that I started (Can't tell you the last time that happened), and although I had to leave the city that I loved, I gained an apartment instead of a bunch of shitty SRO hotel rooms and instead of having to rely on public transport, I got a bunch of increasingly better cars up to my current one which has 75K miles on it and everything works.

Oh, and I found a forum filled with virtual friends from all over the world.

So with everything that I've gained, the cancellation of shows like Firefly and Arrested Development is inconsequential. (And I have both shows on DVD anyway.)

It's all good.
Final Gear is the home of people complaining about people complaining! :D

why is the acronym the noughties, i can't overemphasize the awesomeness of calling them the double O's

the James Bond people would have probably claimed copyright infringement on that one.

Man, you guys really seemed to hate the last decade. I had a lot of bad times, but a lot of good times too. I graduated college, got a real job, got married, bought a house. It was pretty good, actually.

it all comes down to your personal take on the decade. for some people it was probably the best years of their lives. unfortunately for me the bad far outweighs the good. i can't help but be a little bit pessimistic about the entire thing.

Isn't this the third whinge thread we've had in this forum? :?

I mean, I hate you all too, but jeez, I don't want to read about it again.

World politics going seriously to hell. It makes me wish back the Cold War.

Finishing the decade with a lot more grey pubic hair than it started with.

On the plus side my cock now looks quite distinguished, and from the right angle in the right light looks a lot like George Clooney.

Last edited:
Finishing the decade with a lot more grey pubic hair than it started with.

On the plus side my cock now looks quite distinguished, and from the right angle in the right light loks a lot like George Clooney.

well there goes my appetite for lunch. excuse me one moment while i get the memory bleach to blot that one out. *takes a swig* nope, still there. time to get the memory cleanser and do a complete reboot on the head, now where's that sledgehammer...