What did you hate most about the 'noughties'?

Yeah, the decade contained my personal "lost years", but I think I ended it in a better place than when I started.

I could have written that myself. :) Cheers for us, huh?

As for what sucked in this decade:

George Bush; moreover, being an American during his term--I found that quite embarrassing

The decline of education, particularly in the areas of grammar--the internet is partly to blame, but so are sub-literate teachers and school districts which no longer bother to teach it--and science

The continued and increasing pressure by the religious right to return us all to the dark ages (in the U.S., at least)

McMansionization--I have to admit that I hate McMansionization so much that I do get a tiny amount of grim satisfaction from the burst of the housing bubble

Sarah Effing Palin and what her confirmation as McCain's running mate says about my stupid country; namely, that our leadership sees us as a populace who can be bought with a pretty face

N?-metal

Aaaaand the general dumbing down of television to the point where we end up with hour-long specials on E! called "Best Beach Bodies" because the cattle actually watch them

</vitriol>

The treehugging craze.....in the 80's and 90's enviroment savers where cool.....I mean going up against a whalingship in a plastic speedboat is unbelievably stupid, but atleast they got the message out....

Nowadays half the frigging western world seems to have jumped on the bandwagon and they all got this 'I can tell you how to live your life, because I'm right and your wrong' attitude that makes me wanna punch someone in the face everytime they even mension their bloody prius.....

Last edited:
The drama over then the decade actually started, and by association, the drama about when it's actually ending, Y2K and armageddon.

Damnit - a decade can be ANY period of 10 years, 1973-1982 was a decade!!! GET OVER IT PEOPLE!

Guess what? the world didn't end, the computers didn't die, Arnie didn't have to come in and save the day (although he did get elected back)

Prognosticators love predicting the end of the world. What are you going to do to stop it? Write the computer virus to get rid of the aliens? Blow up the asteroid that is hurtling towards us, block up the volcano? Halt global warming and prevent us from facing the next ice age? And they can't decide whether it'll end the day after tomorrow or in 2012...Please, let it be!

Finishing the decade with a lot more grey pubic hair than it started with.

On the plus side my cock now looks quite distinguished, and from the right angle in the right light looks a lot like George Clooney.

My sister said that the first grey pube she sees, it's all coming off. (We're close - not Angelina Jolie/James Haven close, but close.)

I've had a lot of good and bad over the last decade...I don't remember a lot of the earlier stuff as I was only 11 when it started and I have drunk copious amounts of alcohol since then! :cheers:

I tend not to dwell on bad things though, no point!

So, finalgear = forum of emos????

The continued and increasing pressure by the religious right to return us all to the dark ages (in the U.S., at least)

The treehugging craze.....
Nowadays half the frigging western world seems to have jumped on the bandwagon and they all got this 'I can tell you how to live your life, because I'm right and your wrong' attitude

:hmm: Hand in hand, it seems.

The drama over then the decade actually started, and by association, the drama about when it's actually ending, Y2K and armageddon.

Damnit - a decade can be ANY period of 10 years, 1973-1982 was a decade!!! GET OVER IT PEOPLE!

Humans are obsessed over numbers, and tying any significance to numbers.

The climate of fear created by September 11th which was exploited by Bush and Blair. Eco-nutters.
Basically there's no friggin' optimism. Now it's the 2010s we should be getting nuclear-powered personal flying machines soon, right?

I've had a lot of good and bad over the last decade...I don't remember a lot of the earlier stuff as I was only 11 when it started and I have drunk copious amounts of alcohol since then! :cheers:

I tend not to dwell on bad things though, no point!

So, finalgear = forum of emos????
STOP CALLING ME AN EMOKID YOU MEANIE! :cry:

{ cries }

*sob*I just *sob* want *sob* my bun*sob*ny! And to be left alone! *sobsobsob*

{ sniiiiiiffffff }

< looking for kleenexes...perhaps a razor, too.

My sister said that the first grey pube she sees, it's all coming off. (We're close - not Angelina Jolie/James Haven close, but close.)

You discuss your sisters pubic hair with her? that's.....wow.....that's just......again wow....:blink:

What part of the states are you from again? ;)

The treehugging craze.....in the 80's and 90's enviroment savers where cool.....I mean going up against a whalingship in a plastic speedboat is unbelievably stupid, but atleast they got the message out....

Nowadays half the frigging western world seems to have jumped on the bandwagon and they all got this 'I can tell you how to live your life, because I'm right and your wrong' attitude that makes me wanna punch someone in the face everytime they even mension their bloody prius.....

I distinguish between the natural-fibres, Prius-loving fuckwits and people actually trying to preserve "nature". I have no problem with environmentalism when it is based on actual, proven science and is dealt with rationally. All we have now is Al Gore, global warming sensationalism, and rich idiots who think that recycling a water bottle or buying "carbon credit" or driving around in their lead acid battery-powered car (mind telling us exactly where you'll be putting that battery waste? Exactly, right in your precious "environment"). :mrgreen:

I hated the utter lack of creativity in movies. Did we really need 13 sequels to a mediocre movie? Or remakes of movies that were made in the 80s? Or how about comedies that just make fun of other movies?

Also the general whoring out of all things iPod was annoying. Who really needs a barking puppy dock for their Nano?

I could go on the all of the political/world stuff everyone else has mentioned, but I think all go with a new one.

The proliferation of overly loud mastering on new albums which destroys the recording quality.

Reactions: Jay
Finishing the decade with a lot more grey pubic hair than it started with.

On the plus side my cock now looks quite distinguished, and from the right angle in the right light looks a lot like George Clooney.

I am reminded now in 2000 I had NO pubic hair. I miss that, pubes are itchy :(

I thought the 2000s wasn't that bad, at least personally for me. I still have a few things that I know sucked:

dot-com bubble bursting - barely got out of that alive, reinvested money in other stocks
9/11 - on a personal note, all the money that was invested in 2001 was all gone by the time october hit
9/11 propganda
military recruiters - sorry had way too many people saying that there was a draft coming as their ploy for me to sign up
Honda Element
Iraq war
Terrorism
Madeoff
Influx of people getting master's degrees - seems that's the only way to get a decent job now
Technology in sports medicine - we can get bigger faster stronger taking pills
Participation in sports - not a problem for me because i'm 6'2" but you have to be a minimum 6' to even have a chance in playing in an elite level
Issues on health care
Everything rising in price now
Housing market - if you're a seller in the later years
Recession

Wow, that's just a general list, but I'll stop now, because its getting depressing

You discuss your sisters pubic hair with her? that's.....wow.....that's just......again wow....:blink:

What part of the states are you from again? ;)

As I said, we're close.

Actually, I was telling her that I had a Van Dyke until I saw three prominent gray hairs - now I just have a mustache. That was when she mentioned her pubes. (And my reaction at the time was the same as yours.)

Oh, and New Hampshire, FWIW. (I was raised in Maine, but my family is all in New Hampshire - long story.)