What do Canadians do with their condoms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianLoonie

Car(s)
1993 Acura Integra RS sedan
A Canadian is having his breakfast (coffee, croissants, bread, butter
and jam) when an American man, chewing gum, sits down next to
him.

The Canadian ignores the American who, nevertheless, starts
a conversation.

American: "You Canadian folk eat the whole bread?"

Canadian (in a bad mood): "Of course."

American: (after blowing a huge bubble)"We don't. In America,
we only eat what's inside. The crusts we collect in a container,
recycle it, transform them into croissants and sell them to
Canada." The American has a smirk on his face.

The Canadian listens in silence.

The American persists: "Do you eat jelly with the bread??"

Canadian: "Of Course."

American: (cracking his gum between his teeth and chuckling).
"We don't. In America we eat fresh fruit for breakfast, then
we put all the peels, seeds,and left overs in containers,
recycle them, transform them into jam and sell the jam to
Canada."

The Canadian then asks: "Do you have sex in America?"

American: "Why of course we do", the American says with a big
smirk.

Canadian: "And what do you do with the condoms once you've
used them?"

American: "We throw them away, of course."

Canadian: "We don't. In Canada, we put them in a container,
recycle them, melt them down into chewing gum and sell them
to America."

Saw that coming about 10 miles away. ;)

Viper007Bond said:
Saw that coming about 10 miles away. ;)

ditto. if i ever get desperate enough to retell that joke, i'll leave out all the details about the gum except for mentioning it in the first part

that was funny...as funny as saying,

"hey Canada, can you tell me what country is the only Superpower in the world? (hint, your neigbors to the south)"

8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen:

justin syder said:
...what country is the only Superpower...

It would be nice though if this country would use it's power wisely and without breaking laws or human rights (i.e. Guantanamo Bay) ...

oliB said:
justin syder said:

It would be nice though if this country would use it's power wisely and without breaking laws or human rights (i.e. Guantanamo Bay) ...

what laws have been broken? those detainees are feed 3 meals a day, live in decent conditions, read the Koran daily, and are treated humanely. The detainees are not beaten or tortured. Hell, those detainees are living better than some Americans. What about the poor conditions of prisioners in China or North Korea, where you basically eat a bowl of rice a day, are tortured, live in rat infested conditions, and drink bacteria filled water. And lets not forget you get that treatment in China or North Korea, just for speaking badly about the government. Bottom line is that if you let these detainees free in any Western country they will stop at nothing to kill you.

What the hell, why don't we just let these guys go free, I mean they're the REAL victims right? I mean they were forced to fight in Afghanistan and they really don't want to kill Westerners or they don't believe in that jihad stuff. well, yes, you're right. lets pamper these detained people that plotted or assisted those that plotted to kill us.

The detainees are being treated according to the Geneva convention, no laws are being broken.

justin syder said:
that was funny...as funny as saying,

"hey Canada, can you tell me what country is the only Superpower in the world? (hint, your neigbors to the south)"

8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen:

Goddamn please tell me you're joking! If not :roll: x 1000

Please, Justin, no archaic egotist partriotism like that.....me no likey. It's when that sort of attitude (no matter how correct the facts are) gets pushed around that bad things happen. The last thing we need is an all out, my-country-is-better-than-your-country war here. Please, let's knock it off.

oliB said:
justin syder said:

Just has a point ;) but you do as well. But hey, you can't blame us really as a majority didn't elect him. :?

all i did was respond to the comment of the US not treating prisoners in Guantanomo Bay fairly. every single word in that reply has nothing to do with patriotism or any boasting of our greatness.

I never stated that our country is better than anyones. My first comment was a joke :wink: . And if you still think i think my country is better than yours just think about the cars we make. :lol:

I knew that my comment could end up in a dispute...

I'm not saying "let 'em all go 'cause they're innocent victims!", or that they don't have enough to eat or something like that!
My point is that you can't keep somebody imprisoned for over 2 years without a trial.
I agree that it is right to keep persons imprisoned who are "guilty" but not everybody who is in Guantanamo is a terrorist. --> To identify those who are you need trials.

By keeping somebody imprisoned for a long time without a (fair) trial the government is violating the law...

cya
Oli

No, I totally agree. But on the other hand, this is a war and the last thing we need is tying the army's hands so they have to collect evidence and be cops instead of fighting a war.

It's a catch-22.

i dont think you would want to let those people go because they haven't been proven guilty. maybe some aren't guilty, that is possible and i see what u mean but do u think that letting those people go would be wise?

He's not saying let them go, he's saying there needs to be a process for them to be determined as guilty or not instead of having no rights and just being left to rot in a cell.

Remember checks and balances from American Studies class? The Executive branch is doing as they wish without the Judicial system taking a role.

Viper007Bond said:
But hey, you can't blame us really as a majority didn't elect him. :?

I didn't want to blame you. But I almost forgot this "election-chaos"... :wink:

justin syder said:
do u think that letting those people go would be wise?

If they are proven innocent, then yes.

I also understand that giving so many people a fair trial takes time but did they actually start with it? (to be honest - I don't know...)

Viper007Bond said:
It's a catch-22.

Oh, that's a new phrase I just learned. :)
My guessing of the meaning was right, I looked it up.
Where does it come from?
(btw. in German it's "Zwickm?hle" :lol: )

cya
Oli

Viper007Bond said:
He's not saying let them go, he's saying there needs to be a process for them to be determined as guilty or not instead of having no rights and just being left to rot in a cell.

Remember checks and balances from American Studies class? The Executive branch is doing as they wish without the Judicial system taking a role.

That's exactly what I tried to say! :)

oliB said:
Viper007Bond said:
It's a catch-22.

Oh, that's a new phrase I just learned. :)
My guessing of the meaning was right, I looked it up.
Where does it come from?
(btw. in German it's "Zwickm?hle" :lol: )
No clue. I'll look it up in my mom's dictionary that tells the roots of words (where they came from) if I remember the next time I go up there. :)

justin syder said:
I never stated that our country is better than anyones. My first comment was a joke :wink: . And if you still think i think my country is better than yours just think about the cars we make. :lol:

Things like that comment still makes me mad (well more than that actually) it pisses me off really bad!

But I'm going to stop there since I don't want to turn this into a me vs americans (not all but still) topic. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.