What do the British think of Infiniti?

mattjm321

Car(s)
'07 G35s, '66 Bronco, '05 Ram (work truck)
I just recently purchased a G35s. What impressions do you foreigners have?

Why does it matter what foreigners think? What do YOU think about the car?

Don't have the brand at the moment - nor ACURA or Saturn for that matter. From what I've heard should be OK.

Last edited:
we dont really have infiniti or acura.... i understand they are similar to what lexus is to toyota though.

from what i have seen what you get from Acura is pretty much what we get from Honda, only some times it'll have a different name. the Acura TL for example is pretty much what we call the Honda Accord.

as far as Infiniti goes we get nothing, although a guy at my uni did get an Infinti G35 imported (had jap plates tho).

i think Nissan UK has actually been selling the G35 (cant remember if it was in sedan or coupe form) badged as a Skyline. I have seen one or two mincing about. i thought it was a G35 at first, but then it had skyline on the boot lid.

i never understood why they would sell it as a Skyline, i mean its basically the same car as the 350Z, without the brand distinction whats the point.

to be fair i cant really see any room for them, for Nissan they might be able to get in with a few models that are different from what Nissan currently sell, but i doubt acura would offer anything new other than a different badge. but it will be pretty hard to dethrone lexus.

Dont have Infiniti ova here but form what ive seen, its and American car with a wierd body on. I saw an Infiniti on the roads (was an american, because we live near an army base i see a few american cars) and it was like an X5 rival. But it was horrible.

What do the Americans think of Alfa Romeo's?

we dont really have infiniti or acura.... i understand they are similar to what lexus is to toyota though.

from what i have seen what you get from Acura is pretty much what we get from Honda, only some times it'll have a different name. the Acura TL for example is pretty much what we call the Honda Accord.

as far as Infiniti goes we get nothing, although a guy at my uni did get an Infinti G35 imported (had jap plates tho).

i think Nissan UK has actually been selling the G35 (cant remember if it was in sedan or coupe form) badged as a Skyline. I have seen one or two mincing about. i thought it was a G35 at first, but then it had skyline on the boot lid.

i never understood why they would sell it as a Skyline, i mean its basically the same car as the 350Z, without the brand distinction whats the point.

to be fair i cant really see any room for them, for Nissan they might be able to get in with a few models that are different from what Nissan currently sell, but i doubt acura would offer anything new other than a different badge. but it will be pretty hard to dethrone lexus.

Actually (and my only referance here being the xbox game "Forza motorsport 2"), the newest-edition skyline GT looks very much like a Fairlady or G35.

"Why does it matter what foreigners think? What do YOU think about the car?"

You drive a Pontiac Grand Am...I already know what they think of your car.

I got the 4 door, didn't want a coupe. I thought it was a neat looking car and a lot more performance for my dollar than a 3 series. I also didn't want all of the fanboy attention that the coupe gets.

"What do the Americans think of Alfa Romeo's?"

I secretly like all of the old red spiders I see around the city. I can't speak for all Americans though that drive Pontiacs and swill Busch Light.

I read the review (Clarkson did I think?) of the new one that is coming over here. It looks nice, but the styling is a little too over the top for me. I don't know I'd have to drive it first.

I hate the 350Z but I quite like the G35...weird isn't it? :) I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Pretty much. Although the Accord you get in Europe is the TSX here. The TL is a bit bigger, but very similar looking.

The G35 is also sold in Japan as the Nissan Skyline. I gues they figured it would sell better here with a higher prestige badge. Aside from the backseat, the coupe is very similar to the 350Z, but it is also available as a sedan/saloon.

As for Alfa Romeo, I am anxiously awaiting their return and looking forward to getting a 159 when it becomes available.

Only the British??? Hey!! What happens with the rest of Europe!!! We also exist!!! :mad:

:lol: Just Joking, I suppose it was a mistake.

Actually last month I came to the Us for a month and I saw a couple of G35 and I can say as an European that, that car looks stunning. It has a pretty smooth design although I think it's a little too big for a coup? and for the European market.

^ha you drive a Corolla. I was in Maui last month, great place except for the so called "locals" and cheap hotels.

Mine's a 4 door. Not the skyline.

I'm still impressed when an american can mention more than 1 country in europe (and it not being "paris")

Only the British??? Hey!! What happens with the rest of Europe!!! We also exist!!! :mad:

Don't worry, he was just being -cough- American... *runs for cover* :p

For all of those who still don't know what the car is: The G35 is a rebadged, softened Skyline, which again is a rebodied, softened 350Z. So there you have it, cross a 350 with a Buick and what you get is the G35.

Very good car though, from what I've heard. Not sure about the Americanized version, but the V35 is supposedly spot on.