What do we do with our offtime? (Until October)

borchenc

So I question what everyone is going to be doing until the next Top Gear episode (After this August 1st one is released of course). We've got 2 months of downtime between new seasons of Top Gear. For me, I've still got school coming up, but I'll probably be watching "reruns" of this stuff. As always I guess. Still really like the A8 Diesel 800 Mile run... so I'll probably watch that a few times and laugh my head off everytime he goes into an American accent. So what else is everyone going to be doing?

School will be coming up in a month for me too.
I'll watch the reruns...the nice thing about "not speaking english as your first language" is that you "get the point" in some jokes or stuff after you watched it a couple of times. I watch TG at least 2 times a week + TV ep, it keeps surprising.

Watch old episodes of course! I'm gonna work on trying to get all episodes listed on my site up. :)

Well I start College in less than a month so not much fun left for me :?

if viper still wants my old 2002 eps then ill upload those so he can complete his set.

They are JW rips though, right?

yeah but they dont have a jw intro just a logo "JW" at the top.

quality is fair. its the 2003's you dont want those have "another rip from omighty jabba" at the top of the screen and the quality on most of them are crap.

2002s are pretty good.

Kinda wanna stay away from his site and rips. I'll think about it though.

I think as the propriotor of a Top Gear BT site...it would be in your best interest to put as many complete episodes up fr people who come and visit the site loyally. I'm not saying you owe us anything...just that if you're going to host as many complete BT TG eps, you might as well do it right. Or look for alternate ways to get the old episodes....

I hope you decide to host them personally...the more TG, the better.

-Prince

I think we should forget the old stuff, specially Jabba's stuff and move on with the new.

im all for that and maybe we should see if ppl really want the older series.

2002 series one 2003 series two, since we are getting all new vids for every series that comes out ppl wont care much bout the old eps.

Yep, and old series were more boring too and quality was inferior so there's not much interest.. well maybe if ATLEAST they weren't Jabba's rips

Gotta say bad quality rips do turn me off of TG watching so I'll pass. I'd love to see the old series if possible, but I'm pretty sure no good enough versions right? Finally watched "No Limit" today so there goes that as a fresh TG replace for a day... It was awesome quality though (700mg for an hour should be though). Maybe I'll try to convert it to a more compressed movie and offer if perhaps you want to put it on here Viper. I'm not too keen about serving it myself cause our connection is mad slow most of the time...

Thanks for you offer but he has it already but as it's a DVD well, he decided he didn't want to go one step further in the dark side..

borchenc said:
Gotta say bad quality rips do turn me off of TG watching so I'll pass. I'd love to see the old series if possible, but I'm pretty sure no good enough versions right? Finally watched "No Limit" today so there goes that as a fresh TG replace for a day... It was awesome quality though (700mg for an hour should be though). Maybe I'll try to convert it to a more compressed movie and offer if perhaps you want to put it on here Viper. I'm not too keen about serving it myself cause our connection is mad slow most of the time...
VHS rips from 1997 and on of Top Gear are in the works. ;)

Yeah, I agree. Forget the JW rips. If people really want to see them, Justin's their contact, and maybe we could distribute those through usendit for people who have to see them.

Oh, and Renesis, what are you going to college for?

im actually in the process of re-burning dvds cuz im picky about some vids and will have series 1-3 available to give away. i dont want to through away those dvds so ill give they out.

If viper could get all the TG episodes that are currently listed on the download page into BT, that would be great.

I would love to see the episode where The Stig steals Jeremy's SL55 AMG out in the track :)

Viper007Bond said:
borchenc said:
VHS rips from 1997 and on of Top Gear are in the works. ;)

Seriously Viper... you surprise me everytime with something new. You rock!