What do we enjoy about speed?

A 1.6 should be able to do 200, I can do 160 in my 1.1 (60 bhp) saxo.

Jostyrostelli said:
Voodoo, have you actually driven 200km/h? I wonder if a 1.6 can, air-resistance plays a big role in top speed and usually a 1.6 doesn't do 200.

Maybe driving off a Pyramid with good winds 8) :mrgreen:

j/k

A good 1.6 can break 200 easily...I've had my car doing 195 at about 6,500 rpm...another 1500 to redline, and 500rpm is about 10 km/h at that end of the spectrum. My car should be capable of 210-215 stock. I know that guys with built 1.6's in Civics like mine (with tuned cams, etc) have hit 145 mp/h = 233 km/h :?

I just like getting to were I'm going fast, I guess.

That was before getting booked, ofcourse. Here in Canada, it's not all fine and dandy like it is in the UK. No speed cameras, just abusive pigs with radars in unfair spots. Basically, I was coming off the highway, doing 80 in a 60. The cop comes up to my car, and tells me to get my paperwork ready. He goes back to his car, and writes up TWO tickets, one for speeding, one for not showing insurance papers. Motherfucker, you told me you'd be back to check my papers. Oh well, best believe I'm taking this asshole to court.

Good thing the dumb ass didn't peek into my cup holder. I had a quarter of some nice bud just sitting there in plain view.

Now I drive like a senior citizen. Cruise control is always on 59 :D.

Jostyrostelli said:
Voodoo, have you actually driven 200km/h? I wonder if a 1.6 can, air-resistance plays a big role in top speed and usually a 1.6 doesn't do 200.

Maybe driving off a Pyramid with good winds 8) :mrgreen:

j/k
lol
well I've driven it at 180Km/h, it was at a little more than 5000rpm, my redline is 6800rpm (on the tacho) but I think the engine cuts off at 6500. So I'm thinking it will do 200 with those extra 1500rpm... I got 160 in 4th before the engine cuts off so it seems silly that the 5th would buy me only 20Kmh more..... But what makes me sure it can do more is that before I got mine I was with a friend of mine in a 1.6 xsara at 180 when we were overtaken by a corsa 1.6 :)

I'm gonna try it real soon on a highway, will try to go on this new highway (for good tarmac) where the limit is 120Kmh, but will probably need to have a friend of mine a few Kms ahead to make sure there is no police, then will confirm the exact top speed when I know :)

That's weird, because at those speeds I found that the temp. gauge actually goes down, cuz there is so much air pushing its way to the engine....

na... over here where the temperature is hot... pushing to the top speed of the car usually increases the temp... I remember going down to Singapore in a Jap. spec civic and we were on the 180kph limiter about 1/2the time and the temp was more than 3/4high...it scared us abit :lol:

The fastest i've gone is 160 km/h. I was 16 then. I haven't had a beter car since then. I had a crap 1000 cc Suzuki Swift in Pakistan. Its max speed was 140 km/hr, but the meter read upto 200 km/h....

Now I am in spain and am waiting for a new car....... I cant wait for it to come.
Its been a long time since I felt that strange geeling of joy when I was doin 160....

In an episode of Speed, jeremy had said that humans are programmed to take risks and men like to do it by speed.

raheel_qamarraheel_qamarraheel_qamarraheel_qamarraheel_qamarraheel_qamarraheel_qamarraheel_qamar

what was that? :?