What do you consider to be a food crime?

Lightning Count

Guys, what makes you angry when it comes to food.

Let me start off by saying goes responses will be highly subjective so don't get too worked up.

These things really piss me off

Well done steak
Ketchup on steak
Ketchup in general it's pure fucking sugar
Cutting spaghetti/noodles
Pineapple on pizza
Fried egg where the yolk is solid, runny eggs are best
Seasoning before tasting
People who travel abroad and flat out refuse to try any of the local food

Seeing these will usually make me pretty angry.

Last edited:
This is very general, but still: Ignorance.
Some of your points are examples of this, but it can go much much further...

This can only end badly...

I actually want to go New Orleans and sample their cuisine it's meant to be pretty incredible.

Indeed, this might start off a very nice little discussion!
There's massive amounts of great american food, but I don't think this is necessarily widely known to the public who mostly associate american food with bad fast food.

Next food crime: bad fast food. fast food can be so incredibly good, why do so many people go with the bad kind?

I just spent two weeks sampling the food of the Southeast US. While some of it is similar too what I can get in here the center, they have some unique things. For example, while in Georgia we ate at a small restaurant that was almost like eating in grandma's kitchen. The lunch special was fried chicken (KFC had nothing on this stuff), white rice with brown gravy (I hadn't heard of it either, but was damned tasty), collard greens (no idea what it comes from, but think canned spinach) and several other veggies. The topper was what they were calling cornbread. It was unlike any other cornbread I have had. The batter must have been much thinner and put on a very hot skillet. It made these cornbread crispy flat things. Hard to describe, but easy to eat.

Other than that, yes, we do have some bad fast food, but some of us don't eat it unless nothing else is open.

Lack of table manners
Beer pours with thick head
Radically improper pairings

I don't think you realize that we hire world class chefs from all over the world because people, you know, actually want to move to this country (Europe probably has better middle eastern food by now). As in, a high-end French restaurant will have a French chef preparing legit high-end French dishes. This is the same dumbassery as all coffee in America being Starbucks :rolleyes:

Ketchup in general it's pure fucking sugar I put ketchup on way too many things...
Cutting spaghetti/noodles
Pineapple on pizza sometimes, not often

Guilty of this :blush:

Guys, what makes you angry when it comes to food..

Ah, a classic "bitching" thread. I'm game.

Well done Steak Yep.
Ketchup on Steak I don't like ketchup as such, only when it's mixed with mayonnaise. Which is basicly a mix of sugar and fat, thehe. - But I only use that mix to dip veggies in.. :lol:
Ketchup in general it's pure fucking sugar Yep, but sugar is in anything these days.
Cutting spaghetti/noodles I cut them, without any remorse. I eat my cereal with sticks if it's any conciliation.
Pineapple on Pizza I hate Pizza. Never on my menue. Not even in a Pizzeria. I order spaghetti instead. I then cut them. ;)
Fried egg where the yolk is solid, runny eggs are best Exactly.
Seasoning before tasting Yep, That's quite an insult to the cook/host.
People who travel abroad and flat out refuse to try any of the local Food Depends. I your bowels are up to the sudden culture shock...

Yep, but sugar is in anything these days.
That and the sheer amount of the stuff they put in everything annoys me; almost nothing else will*. If I want a cherry yoghurt, I want yoghurt with cherries and a little bit of sugar - not yoghurt, sugar, sugar, sugar and the pulp made from half a cherry.

*apart from that creepy Subway odour they spray everywhere

Last edited:
The only "season before taste" thing I can kinda understand is old people or smokers who have lost much of their sense of taste, as NOBODY would salt their food while they were cooking to the level that it would take to please these folks who have lost much of their sense of taste to be able to taste anything.

Airplane food is another case where nine times out of ten, you can put the salt and pepper from the little bags on it before even tasting.

The steak nazis, the fuckers that keep telling everyone how they should enjoy their own food, fuck off and eat your own food, i'll eat mine how i like it.
I've even had a waiter in a restaurant tell me i was wrong to order my meat properly cooked, fuck off, just take my order, it's your job... i didn't come here for your food critique.

I just can't stand the iron like taste that the "blood" of a barely cooked steak gives out, it gets all into the gravy/sauce and makes that taste like iron too, so the whole fucking meal tastes the same.

Airplane food is another case where nine times out of ten, you can put the salt and pepper from the little bags on it before even tasting.

Interesting video about how it's your fault the food tastes bland. :p

- - - Updated - - -

I just can't stand the iron like taste that the "blood" of a barely cooked steak gives out, it gets all into the gravy/sauce and makes that taste like iron too, so the whole fucking meal tastes the same.

I'm kinda with you. I hate unwrapping a roast beef sandwich, only to be overwhelmed by the smell of a butcher shop (raw beef).

- - - Updated - - -

I *think* that was India-only.