What do you consider to be a food crime?

You know there's no actual blood in the meat, right?

...actually, I didn't. Then it's whatever the red (not clear, not brown) juice is that runs out and smells like a butcher shop, and has the texture I don't enjoy until it's gone from red to pink.

Last edited:
...actually, I didn't. Then it's whatever the red (not clear, not brown) juice is that runs out and smells like a butcher shop, and has the texture I don't enjoy until it's gone from red to pink.

It's protein actually, meat is bled out during the butchering of the animal. But it has a very iron like flavour, myglobin i think it's called if i remember my random QI fact correctly :p

- - - Updated - - -

bJAUuEp.gif

Rare or medium-rare does not mean raw. That's steak tartare, and it's glorious. Also, "properly cooked" steak will still have some pink in the middle and not have all the moisture cooked out of it.

Compared to a real "properly" cooked steak, medium-well or well-done is like eating shoe leather, it also has much less flavor; ie, it's ruined.

I've yet to encounter a steak that turns into shoe leather from being medium done... but meat generally doesn't turn into shoe leather, even when well done.
I tend to find it's the opposite... if it's still red in the middle it becomes chewing gum.
And the iron taste of the protein that leaks out of "bloody" steaks... is not a good flavour... so to me it's ruined, because the chef is a steak nazi and demands all meat to be red.
Pink is fine... red does not taste good.

Ahh...deep fried, cut potatoes. I thought you meant deep-fried, cut potatoes.

Homemade-Potato-Chips.jpg

We call them chips too, hence me using "hot" to differentiate between them. Though some call them crisps.

Adding flavored creamer to GOOD coffee. If it's shitty Keurig K-cup bullshit then that's totally acceptable. If I make french press and you add creamer to that, brb getting a new friend.

But really

I cannot deny

That there is one

very huge crime

that was committed by a small island

before they left a subcontinent that I call home

and have made this prevalent.

Mother
Fucking
CURRY POWDER

We call them chips too, hence me using "hot" to differentiate between them. Though some call them crisps.

Gotcha. I was confused because I swear, just yesterday we had an order of house-made chips (like I posted), served hot...so I assumed "hot" meant spicy...so I was confused.

- - - Updated - - -

Food crime: when vegans/vegetarians try to pawn off their dishes as "tastes just like meat!" or even don't bother telling you that their item's meat food-based name is a lie...ugh. Honestly...just let it be what it is? I have ordered some really delicious veggie burgers because they sounded tasty on their own (my favorite sandwich at a local place is their veggie burger...with added bacon, of course...)...but when I'm tricked into thinking it's meat, it's generally a huge disappointment and I end up hating the item out of spite.

ugh, yes! why not be proud of the fact that your vegetarian or vegan option is just tasty? how is it made better by the fact that it "tastes just like meat"? doesn't that actually make said vegetarian/vegan option worse?

I agree. Don't tell me that Tofu is turkey or chicken, just be Tofu. Just because I'm a fatass American doesn't mean I hate all things healthy.

I'm one of those wackos that thinks it's OK for a sandwich place to microwave bacon.

However...

Don't put a slice of cheese ON the bacon before putting it into the microwave. The bacon just steams itself under the cheese and gets rubbery. Just cook the bacon, and then put the cheese on it...it'll get a bit melty just fine.

If you microwave bacon then you deserve whatever atrocity emerges.

A small sandwich shop has two options: microwave, or pre-cooked. And in a sandwich, I'd rather have microwaved than no bacon. If I were ordering a side of bacon with my breakfast? I wouldn't want either. In a sandwich, I'm OK with microwave.

Actually, I prefer to cook bacon in the microwave. It comes out very crispy and not nearly as greasy as pan fried. The alternative is to put it in the oven, on a rack over a tray. Turns out very good, but takes longer than the microwave.

I bought a rack specifically for that, to make pepper brown sugar bacon. :)

Actually, I prefer to cook bacon in the microwave. It comes out very crispy and not nearly as greasy as pan fried. The alternative is to put it in the oven, on a rack over a tray. Turns out very good, but takes longer than the microwave.

A BBQ is great for doing bacon. Ever heard of Pig Candy?

Strips of bacon grilled with brown sugar and maple syrup until the bacon is crispy and the sugars have caramelized - If they don't have Pig Candy in heaven, then I don't want to go.