What do you consider to be a food crime?

If the Old World whiskey is too peaty or strong, try some of the stuff from Japan or Taiwan. It tends to be more floral with fruity notes and much less peat. Hibiki, Yamazaki, and Kavalan are absolutely fantastic and they have been consistently killing the Old World style distillers recently in blind tastings. Yamazaki and Kavalan have both won "Best Whiskey" in the world recently.

Hibiki is a blend, but well worth checking out. I have been saving the last of my Hibiki 12 for a while.
Anything by Yamazaki is fantastic, but when you get up to the more mature stuff you will certainly feel it in the wallet. However, it is well worth trying. The Yamazaki 12 is a single-malt that is a bit more affordable and a fantastic whiskey.
Kavalan - oh where to begin. I have been nursing my only bottle of King Carr Single Malt for several years and I'm slowly sipping away at the Concertmaster Soloist. I can only seem to find these when I'm actually back in Asia, so I drink them sparingly - but they are oh-so-delicious!

If the Old World whiskey is too peaty or strong, try some of the stuff from Japan or Taiwan. It tends to be more floral with fruity notes and much less peat. Hibiki, Yamazaki, and Kavalan are absolutely fantastic and they have been consistently killing the Old World style distillers recently in blind tastings. Yamazaki and Kavalan have both won "Best Whiskey" in the world recently.

Hibiki is a blend, but well worth checking out. I have been saving the last of my Hibiki 12 for a while.
Anything by Yamazaki is fantastic, but when you get up to the more mature stuff you will certainly feel it in the wallet. However, it is well worth trying. The Yamazaki 12 is a single-malt that is a bit more affordable and a fantastic whiskey.
Kavalan - oh where to begin. I have been nursing my only bottle of King Carr Single Malt for several years and I'm slowly sipping away at the Concertmaster Soloist. I can only seem to find these when I'm actually back in Asia, so I drink them sparingly - but they are oh-so-delicious!

I've been trying to teach myself to like whiskey, so to speak. I found a Japanese one that is pretty good. For a beginner to whiskey in a way, this has been a really good entry one.
10373891.jpg

I have to say, even though I am Scottish, I very rarely drink Scottish whisky, I prefer Bourbon for the most part.

collard greens (no idea what it comes from, but think canned spinach)

What? You don't know collard greens? They are in the cabbage family. Collards are a Southern thing, particularly a black Southern thing (even though the Brazilians and some Asians cook them too). I grow them in my garden. One of the best ways to cook them is in a pot of water with some apple cider vinegar, onion, garlic, black pepper, red pepper flake, salt, hot sauce, and broken up smoked turkey meat. It is very good. I have promised to cook it for a few of the FG German members so that they can taste it.

What? You don't know collard greens? They are in the cabbage family. Collards are a Southern thing, particularly a black Southern thing (even though the Brazilians and some Asians cook them too). I grow them in my garden. One of the best ways to cook them is in a pot of water with some apple cider vinegar, onion, garlic, black pepper, red pepper flake, salt, hot sauce, and broken up smoked turkey meat. It is very good. I have promised to cook it for a few of the FG German members so that they can taste it.

Thanks for the info. I knew of them before I had them (my paternal grandfather was born, raised and died in Mississippi), but I didn't know what sort if plant they grew from.