What do you do? School (what kind of) / Work (Where)

Jostyrostelli

Forum Addict
I was wondering, since I heard a couple of guys saying school will be coming up in a few months...

I'll start: I'm second years Building Knowledge (?)...I searched the word on freetranslation.com but it's like architecture but then more details and stuff, you know what I mean :wink: .
Before this I did Human Engineering, that study started for the first year so it wasn't really a good study. I only work in holidays, as much as possible. Day and night shift, whatever makes the most money.

So how about you?

I'm a software developer.
The company I work for writes software for Ambulance companies (software to help file insurance claims, 911 call taking, dispatching, data collection, etc...).
It may sound pretty boring, but to me it isn't.

I have a college degree in Computer Science and Psychology.
What a combination right? :lol:

Taking a "break" from studying mechanical engineering and working for my mom's boyfriend doing random stuff like sheetrock, siding, painting, etc.

School: I go to school at Simon Fraser University. I'm a student in SFU's School for the Contemporary Arts, studying towards a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in visual arts. I'm finishing that up this year - after which I plan on doing a 2 year animation degree followed by a Master of Fine Arts degree... I don't plan on being out of school for a long time. :p After jumping through all those educational hoops I want to work for a while in the video game industry, and then possibly jump back to the university and become a professor at an art school.

Work: I only work during the summer between school semesters, but right now I am working at a call center doing technical support for laptop computers. I am really starting to hate my job - if you've seen Office Space, that is practically where I work - and I am really looking forward to going back to school.

I am a 4th year student in Economics and Statistics at UBC. No work this summer, but worked at a supermarket this past winter.

zenon said:
Work: I only work during the summer between school semesters, but right now I am working at a call center doing technical support for laptop computers. I am really starting to hate my job - if you've seen Office Space, that is practically where I work - and I am really looking forward to going back to school.
I did tech support for Packard Bell for a while, and IMHO tech support is just about THE worst job you can get (especially tech support for Packard Bell) :evil: .

BTW my other previous jobs:
-Pulling rib bones out of cut up cow carcasses at a meat packing plant.
-Assembling plastic pig feeder tubes.
-Stacking boxes from an assembly line onto a pellet (sp?) at a margerine factory.

Graduated this June now currently unemployeed and looking for a job...(blah...someone call me....please?)

have 3 degree's...
Television and Film Production
Graphic Design
Photography

you figure with that it would be easy to get a job...

Re: What do you do? School (what kind of) / Work (Where)

Jostyrostelli said:
I'm second years Building Knowledge (?)...I searched the word on freetranslation.com but it's like architecture but then more details and stuff, you know what I mean :wink: .

So how about you?
I'm pretty sure you mean Structural Engineering. :D

I'm quitting my managment job September 1st to move back home, buy an STi and work part time until I go back to school fall of 2005. I still haven't exactly decided where I'm going to study but it will either be architecture or automotive engineering of some kind. 8)

Sounds all pretty nice. Except for the jobs wich you aren't so satisfied about.
I work at DHL now for a couple of months, that's my best job ever, pays very well and the day is over before you'll notice...

Before this I worked at a clothingshop, PVC/plastic factory, installing Roofingmaterials (that black tarry shit), chickenfactory, paperboy, callcentre, financial advisory shit on the street...I'm really happy with this job! :)

PowerByBrower: I think I meant that :lol:
I was really thinking about that Automotive Engineering thing when I finished my 1st year Structural Engineering. I really wanted to be a car mechanic, if I didn't had this "high" education as I have now I sure would have gone that way!

Starting my first year of College (out of 3) in August, I'm studying in Buisness Administration

Guess I'm an oldie... :(

Honors degree in manufacturing systems engineering.
3 Years course on injection mold / press tools design and manufacture in Japan.

Now I'm engineer in charge of the replication section of a CD/DVD plant (8 lines, 13 injection machines) in Spain.

The money sucks, thinking of packing it in and going back to the UK to seek my fame & fortune (The fortune on its own would do :) )

starting grade 12 in the fall.... currently work at safeway (grocery store) :x

plan to go to U of A and get my BComm and my MBA and then hopefully become an investment banker

I'm glad I'm not the only Senior in High School (12th Grade) here now. I'm also a little web designer on the side as a hobby and will sometimes get hired, but yeah... nothing big.

I'm an International Baccalaureate student if any of you guys know what that is. If not... we'll just say it's a great way to learn how to BS for good grades. :mrgreen:

I'm also going to be a senior in high school, Boston Latin School. For the rest of the summer and probably during the school year, I'll be a cashier at CVS (a drug store) making $7.00/hr and working along side a very very cute supervisor.

I'm planning on Boston College or Boston University, but I might hange my mind all together and try UPenn, Drexel, Fordham, RIT? I'd study mechanical engineering and business management.

Wow, what's with all the engineers around here! :shock: Anyone else doing an artsy-fartsy liberal arts degree like me? :lol:

Raider007 said:
have 3 degree's...
Television and Film Production
Graphic Design
Photography

That sounds very cool. :) Too bad you can't get a decent job with it though. :( What school did you go to? Are they all full four year degrees or shorter programs\diplomas?